WESTFIELD is VOIDING WARRANTY because of airfilter! PLEASE READ

stangfreak

Established Member
mike, tell him to go back to mechanic school. not even a blind person can mess that up.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Mike,
Did you get the chance to take some pictures yet so everyone can see the lines you are referring to and their proximity to the air filter? And that they aren't even close.
Make sure you get one of where the brake line was rubbing on the metal canister too.
And where the other one is rubbing on the radiator hose now.
We can make a before and after photo. Before Ford and after Ford.

Dana

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
**** them up. call SVT **** ford their hotline is a bunch of bull shit. They tried to do that to my tranny when I took my car to a non SVT dealer. Note to all people dont take your SVT to a non SVT dealer. Its like they are jeallous of the fact that they are not an SVT dealer.

oldracer

Established Member
Sorry to hear of your troubles..........Westfield Ford used to be Lape Ford for many years, we called them "Rape" Ford back then and I see not much has changed over at that dealership.

Get on the phone, take notes and names..........build your case and don't let up till your happy...........your the customer.

Good luck to you!!

Mike

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Tito (litespeed) came by and took some pictures. Hopefully he will upload them...

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Why don't a bunch of us go down with you to the dealer to tell him he is full of SH*T. There is no way you can pull on those tubes and bend them around from thier correct position. Plus this is the area that they worked on for you how can they not take responsibility. Heck until we told you about it you did not even know. They could not be more full of it.............Steve
:mj: :gt: :mj: :gt: :mj: :gt: :mj: :gt: :dw: :dw: :dw:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I called SVT. They told me to call the service manager at RIZZA in Orland Park and to request a Field Service Engineer to come look at the car. I also mentioned to the service manager that I was an SVTOA member and we meet once a month. He is going to call me when he schedules the person to come down and look at the car. He wants to help me out, he just can't warranty it because Ford HQ says it's bad workmanship and not covered.

I want nothing to do with WESTFIELD Ford, and SVT said I don't need to deal with them anymore.

Mike

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
That is un F'n believable. I would of lost it in there. The dealership I use is 65 miles away because all of the dealers around here suck and their mechanics are ass clowns.

I brought my car in to a local dealer because my brakes were sqeaking really loud. They replace the pads and I ended up with a shaking steering wheel and a clank from the front end. I brought it to the place I use now and they found that the mechanic put the pads in wrong and ended up warping the rotors and making the clank.

The moral of the story is, find a good dealer and only take your car there. I found the dealer im using now with the help of several members of this board. Goto a svtoa event and talk to the guys with Cobras and Ls and ask them about their experience.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
if you can never have them wash, tell them you will when you get home

I just got mine back from the dealer Mon.. I brought it in perfectly clean except for running it over to them on slightly damp roads. I never dreamed they would wash it. But they did. Now I have to rewash it to remove their rag and soap residue. One of my rims was soaped, but never rinsed or wiped and the windows are streaky. Next time I will tell them No Wash! Amateurs!

Mike,

I'm back in town and read your post. I remember you discovering the lines were misrouted on Sunday. Westfield is BSing you. I hope SVT comes through for you.

Save your paperwork. Maybe write down everything you remember about your Westfield visits. If this takes months to resolve, you may not remember everything. If you can dig up the work order from Westfield, that should convince Ford who to believe. Good luck!

Cliff

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
It's pretty obvious that the tech "made" the line fit. I wonder how he messed it up like that? Westfield says you did that with your hands? While putting on a CAI? Good pics, Tito!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Here are Tito's photos of Mikes car placed side by side for a better perspective on what was actually done to these lines.
Sorry for the size, but it was the best way to do it for clarity.
It's a difficult location, at best, to get decent pictures of.
I enhanced them slightly.
Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Let's try this again.
It also appears that the ABS controller lines have been worked on by the appearance of the corners of the flare nuts holding the lines to the controller.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread