WESTFIELD is VOIDING WARRANTY because of airfilter! PLEASE READ

03DarkShadow

Established Member
They CAN NOT void your warrenty in any aspect because of an air filter unless it caused the part to fail. I can give you documentation of this clearly stated in a svt training manual given to ford svt trained technicions. SHove that up their asses. It is truly sorry how some places treat thier customers.

i wanna see if you dont mind, you can e-mail it to me at [email protected]. thanks jamie

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Dan,

What's your opinion on how the lines could be bent so severely? If they were replacing the ABS controller or something, wouldn't the lines just be hanging there waiting for the new part? It looks like they were pulled out and then bent to get the excess line out of the way.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
What it appears is that the tech, and I use that term loosely, disconnected the lines on the top of the ABS controller and the fasteners on the side and the wiring and pulled the controller down and out of the vehicle. This is when the lines were bent. He either didn't realize that there were 2 lines on the side of the controller or forgot or didn't care. You choose.

When the controller was rotated or lowered out of the car, the lines on the side are easier to access. When the controller was reinstalled in the vehicle, the lines were bent so severely they could not be straightened (returned to their original shape) and the result is that they moved up (were forced up) to the position that you see them in now. That was the only way that they could be reinstalled on the car due to their damaged state. There is no way that they could not have been aware of the damage that was done.

The following is speculation:
They did not have the lines in stock and could not replace the now damaged ones without keeping the car several more days or they figured, screw it, its not leaking, he'll never know.

This is not speculation:
The vehicle should never been allowed to leave the dealership in this condition. The brake lines were rubbing on a metal casister and also on the radiator hose. Eventually this could have led to a catastrophic failure.

Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Below is a copy of an e-mail I sent to Westfield Ford, and their management staff:

Westfield Ford Sales and Service:
If you haven’t seen this forum thread, it might be a good idea to read it to see just how much damage one unhappy customer can do to a store’s reputation.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48263

This thread has been viewed almost 1000 times in less than 2 days just on this forum alone. By now it is most certainly spread to other Ford product forums.
Cobra owners are an elite group that are closely knit and communicate extremely efficiently through meetings and the Internet.
There are also Ford employees and representatives that monitor these forums for various reasons.
I doubt that even one person who has read this thread will come near your store or service department for a very long time, to say nothing of the family and friends that might ask for a recommendation and what they might be told.
The vehicle owner has contacted SVT and the local Ford rep who is now going to get involved.
When I saw the car, and also from the pictures that are posted, it is obvious that the ABS controller was worked on just by the appearance of the flare nuts on the brake lines. Your dealership is the one who repaired the brake system several months ago, shortly after the car was delivered.

The statement that was made by your service writer that the damage was done when the air filter was installed is baseless and he apparently is not sufficiently familiar with the mechanics of an automobile to be assisting customers.
The statement that he made regarding the voiding of the warranty was also without merit and groundless. Installation of an aftermarket air filter is not a basis for denying any type of claim, let alone voiding the warranty, particularly in a totally mechanically unrelated area of the vehicle.
Yes, I was a mechanic, a Ford mechanic actually, and I can probably tell you how the damage was done to the lines, if you haven’t figured that out already.
Up to this point, it is seems as though your store is not the type to take responsibility for their actions, but if that is not the case, then now is the time to resolve the issue

Dana
BTW, I don't actually expect a response, but we'll see...

flyn high again

Established Member
If anyone from Westfield is reading this thread, I want you to realize that what Dan is saying about Cobra owners is very true. In the few months I've owned my Cobra I have talked to and met in person many other Cobra owners. We tell about our problems and how we resolve them and point out good or bad things about dealerships we deal with.

I was at the meeting Sunday when it was pointed out to Mike that his brake lines were bent. He did not discover it himself. It was pointed out to him. When we looked at our other '03 Cobras we could clearly see the problem with his lines. To suggest that he did it himself is ridiculous. He was surprised that the lines were bent. Even if bending the lines did not hurt operation of the brakes, leaving the lines in contact with 2 separate objects to rub against is inexcusable. These are brake lines! If they rub through you have a serious problem!

To those from Ford. I hope that Mike has the work order showing the work he had done at Westfield. I remember him mentioning the work he had done on these forums and a search under his name would turn up the information. Hopefully all parties can come to an agreement that results in Mike having a safe vehicle to drive.

Cobra owners are an intensely Ford loyal group. Nearly everyone of us has one of Ford's premier vehicles. Hopefully Ford is also loyal to us and helps resolve this issue sucessfully. Mike's had a lot of problems with his car. Yet he still loves it. You should hear him talk about it! He doesn't deserve hard times with a dealer thrown into the mix.

Cliff

Friendchicken

Westfield is damn lucky that the brakes didn't fail and cause a serious accident. I don't think they would like to accept liability for the death of someone cause their grease monkey decided he would take short cuts to repair the cobra. Police investigators would not take an aftermarket filter as the cause I can assure you.

There is obviously a work order and parts manifest when it was brought in. You should have a lawyer or SVT get the hard copy to show that the "tech" had to touch those lines and prove him and the manager a liar.

I would also be madder then heck for the service advisor and manager to say to a customer that the customer sabotaged his own brakes and that they were going to void his warantee. For this reason and who knows what other incompetence was done while in the shop, I would demand an extended warantee.

bskinner

I wouldnt let them scrape the inspection sticker off my window, crazy M****RF****RS. congradulations you just lost another customer.......... and whats worse, ive got a bid damn mouth.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I have all of the paperwork for repairs, as does the Ford computer system that shows brake work being done at Westfield in April. The tech claims he was no where near that parts of the car, that the proportioning valve and hydrobooster and other parts on the bill were located in the top left corner of the engine (closest to the drivers side).

I do not want Westfield Ford to TOUCH my car again and I hope that Joe Rizza Ford will be doing the repairs per the field rep/engineer.

MARK is the service tech at Rizza that has troubleshooted my problems in the past months and has done an excellent job fixing each and every problem. Jerry is my service advisor there - nothing but excellence from Joe Rizza in Orland Park. They are just stuck in a position that they cannot pay for another dealership's bad workmanship, and Ford instructed them that I need to return to Westfield.

There's also another horror story on Westfield Ford not concerning the service dept. but the dealership itself, read the last thred on SVTOA:

http://www.svtownersassociation.com/svtoaforums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4008

and I'll post it here to save people the trouble:

Hey Chicago MIke, I'll try to spare you"all" the details about my visit to Westfield Ford, but rest assured, it's a whopper.

A young saleman saw me (45yr old) looking at a used 01 Cobra (what peice of junk by the way) and I told him I thought maybe it was an 03 and that's why I pulled in.

I said I'd love to try driving it just to see if I really wanted an 03 but I didn't want to jerk him around. He practicly begged me to ask for a test drive so that he could get his boss off his back, and get out of there for a while, I thought, OK. He then asked if I really wanted an 03 would I at least let him take a shot at selling me one, I said OK. I already had a deal for sticker, with a deposit, so I thought if I could beat that, I'd switch, but I didn't tell him that.

I took it for a ride and 1 hour later I was trying to leave having said "OK OK It's obvious I can't buy here", "thank you but this is not going to happen".

This guy's boss follows me all the way out "please come back, we can do this come on come on". I'm trying NOT to tell this guy I'm about to punch his teeth out and as I put my Tahoe in gear, he's in front of my car saying "don't go, come on" and it's all I can do NOT to just FLOOR it and KILL him, but no, I just start to back out and BANG!! I hit a pole and do $5000.00 damage to my Tahoe.

Then after trying to get myself out of there I have to crawl over the seats and go in now they are all laughing their heads off and I ask "do I need to have your pole fixed, call the police, or can I just go home"? I said "I don't want to be dragged into court over a hit and run". A man says "no just go, we don't care about the pole". I said to the audience of laughers "you all heard him right, and they shook their heads, I said "OH your good, ANSWER ME LIKE A MAN YOU PU$$Y'S, DO I HAVE TO FIX THE POLE OR NOT AND GIVE ME A FKN NAME". Needless to say, I was told I could leave then and that "so and so" would not be looking to get his pole fixed.

Weren't they sweet. Ford did nothing, the dealer did nothing, and my insurance went through the roof because I had hit an overhead door 32 months pryor. (someone else ht the down button after I had opened the door to drive in, I never saw it comming) 2 claims in 3years guys, $300.00's more every 6 mo. for 3 years. It's only money.

Love the car, and now I'm terrified my dealer will kick, but hey, even if I never drive it again, I had the excitement of waiting, getting delivery, and somebody, somewhere some day, is going to get those people, and I know it, because I've lived long enough to have seen it over and over again. God will give them a hail storm or something.

Too Cool for those guy's.

Were in big trouble here folks, and we need to get this done once and for all. I think the folks at SVT better figure out a response, and get it out here ASAP. This BS about denial, and try this try that, then NEW HEAD? Sorry, NEW MOTOR sounds better to me. Or at least the definition of QUALIFIED personel to handle this job. Or hey, how about a Z06? Coulda shoulda woulda, but I gave Ford a chance, and I do love my car, but it is starting to tick every so often also, and I'm scared.

Hey Mike, email me and I'll tell you how I think you will win this RIGHT NOW, no kidding. What have you got to loose.
use "[email protected]" There are safe and effective ways to get the point accross.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Just some FYI on the brake visit to Westfield in April:

Noticed fluid leaks on garage floor the first couple days of owning the vehicle. Took it to Westfield, diagnosis after hours was I needed a new hydrobooster and proportioning valve because they were cracked. Same with the windshield washer tank. I asked how this was possible because I just took delivery and I am driving is soft to break it in (note: around 140 miles when brought into dealership for repair.). They said they did not know why and that it will be fixed. The parts needed to be ordered and he said it would be a few days, and the car would be safe to drive. So I drove it home and left it in the garage because I didn't want to be driving a car with leaking brake fluid from CRACKED parts. I got the call to bring the car in about 3-4 days later when the parts came in, and they said they would need the car overnight. I get a call the next day saying that they recieved some of the wrong parts, so they need to order them again. So they had my car for extra days until the parts came in as my rental taxes accumulated (they sent me to Enterprise rent-a-car).

What were the "wrong" parts? Maybe it was an ABS controller and they tried to install it? Or something else? Who the heck knows, nor do I care at this point. I want the car fixed.

Until then, I am leaving it in my garage at home. I refuse to drive a car with the brake lines in that condition. I was told it would be ONE to TWO weeks before the Ford Field Rep comes in because he is on vacation ....

Also, Rick Claves was the "Master Certified Service Director" (says that on his card) that blamed me for "whoever put in the aftermarket filter kit" that pulled the wires up. Of course I said *I* installed it just this past weekend so he blames me for it. It was just freaking ridiculous.

Mike

ps I have the K&N policy, the install instructions with photos (it goes no where near the ABS module), and it specifically says for 2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra 4.6L Supercharged!

Last edited:

Tiffer J

Established Member
I just beat Ford with a similar case... PM me with your phone number...

Rick

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
What a surprise, I have not gotten a response to any of the 5 e-mails I sent the the staff and management of Westfield Ford.

Betcha if I had asked for a quote on a new car, I would have heard by now.

Dana

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I had someone from SVTOA call me and tell me his horror story with getting his Cobra repaired. 3-4 months of getting the run around, then 6-7 months for the Attorney General to tell Ford to "FIX HIS CAR NOW".

SVT viewed this thred today and I was told he would send it around and he will note that I called again. I think waiting even ONE day for some new brake lines is too long. Field rep on vacation for 1-2 weeks? I've made zero progress for almost 4 days since I stepped foot into Westfield and began this mess. I feel like I am already getting the run-around.

I have contacted an attorney via the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin newspaper. Just waiting for them to review this post and all the text I e-mailed them.

I WANT THIS FIXED A.S.A.P. before the summer is over, because I am storing it for winter. If my problem takes too long to solve and it drags out, I will wait for it to be fixed - then it will just be another Mustang on a Honda dealership lot.

Mike

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You would think they were talking about a $10,000 motor with all the resistance Mike is getting.
I'm just guessing, but less than $50 for parts and an hour or two labor and the problem goes away.
How silly can you get.

How much has the bad publicity cost Westfield and Ford so far?

Sometimes I just don't understand...

Dana

Jpatte

Established Member
Repairs

Mike,

I even called Ford hot line and complained! They said I really needed your vin# and address to make things work. If you want, you can send the information and I will call again. Better yet, I think everybody should call the Ford Hot line and bend their ear about this.

John

flyn high again

Established Member
Here's the contact info if anyone needs it.

Westfield Ford, Inc.

6200 South LaGrange Road
La Grange, IL 60525
PHONE: (708) 354-8600
FAX: (708) 354-8648

Staff

Name : Salvatore Quatrochi
Title : Owner
Phone : 708-354-8600
EMail : [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name : Steve Bernstein
Title : General Sales Manager
Fax : 708-354-8648

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name : Mike Talevski
Title : New Car Sales Manager

Name : Tom "Speedy" Bavone
Title : New Car Sales Manager

Name : Nick Stepici
Title : Internet Sales Manager
Phone : 866-325-6210 / 708-354-8600

Name : Carm Scarpace
Title : Used Car Manager

Name : Allison Pisciotta
Title : Customer Relations Manager

Name : Rick Klaves
Title : Service Director

Name : Bonnie Kurtzman
Title : Comptroller

Name : Carl Boyer
Title : Parts Manager

davidmax

Established Member
Makes me sick,I'm a struggling little 8 man 4 lift mod shop and if something goes wrong in the Chevy community everyone and there mothers know we are going to take care of it inless a 300Lb.shot of nitrous blew it,Dave S.

flyn high again

Established Member
Over 1600 people looking at this thread in a few days on this forum. That's a lot of present and future Cobra owners getting a bad feeling about your dealership, Westfield...That's a lot of bad publicity for a brake line.

Have there been any updates, Mike?

Users who are viewing this thread