WESTFIELD is VOIDING WARRANTY because of airfilter! PLEASE READ

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Are we making any progress yet. Did anyone that can make a decision get back from vacation yet?

Dana

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Here is where it stands:

Monday 8-4-03: Joe Rizza service manager says he is waiting for a call from his regional manager to see how he can get a field rep down to look at my car.

Tuesday 8-5-03: Ford HQ calls from executive office and leaves message.

Wednesday 8-6-03: I call the person who called me from Ford HQ and they said they will contact Joe Rizza's service manager to expedite per my request.

Thursday 8-7-03: No calls. Left voicemail at joe Rizza to find out progress.

Friday 8-9-03 (today): No callbacks yesterday. Waiting to see if they call today. If no message when I get home this afternoon, I am calling Rizza again to see the stats of the situation!

Mike

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Update (BAD):

I finally get ahold of the service manager at Rizza again after leaving a couple of voicemails throughout the week. His response is that he can do NOTHING and I have to talk to Ford HQ about getting a field rep! The Ford Exec said she was going to expedite the process for me and call the service manager at Rizza. Apparently it has gone backwards.

I left the Ford Exec a voicemail Friday around noon, and I was told she was out to lunch. I asked that she please call me ASAP regarding my problem. No callback, so 2 hours later I called again and left a very detailed message. No calls the entire day. I feel like I am getting tossed around.

I called Hawkinson Ford this morning (grabbing straws now) and they told me I can do nothing but call the Ford 800 Customer Service hotline if the Ford Exec isn't returning my call!

So back to SQUARE ONE on Monday.

I took the car to a Subaru for a dealer for trade inspection and they said they would not take the car until the brake lines are replaced (I did not tell them about it but they apparently noticed it). So I am stuck for now. This is so terrible.

Service light came on in my saturn today, my catalytic converter failed. I don't have the money to get a new one at this time. I purchased some natural anti-depressants today to help deal with this situation. This is ridiculous. I hit the gym TWICE today as well ... I'm not dealing with this well. I bought a NEW car so I didn't have to constantly beat on my old 166,000+ mile Saturn and now I have two POS thanks to the dealership who decided to massacre my brake lines.

Mike

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Mike, relax. It's not that big a deal. You have your health. You have friends. You have a great car. One way or another we'll get your car fixed. If we have to, we'll take up a collection and buy new lines and install them ourselves. Give Ford a little time. Corporate wheels spin slowly. Keep calling, be polite but firm and eventually they will respond.

Don't let this get to you. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll contribute help and money if it comes down to that. :)

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
I think it is time to take someone to court. It is in the law and in the ford contract that the aftermarket piece MUST be relaited DIRECTLY to the problem in order for it not to be warantied. This is all a bunch of shit and because of it I know I will never buy a car from this dealer and I will never take my car to a non SVT dealer.

NVMYPWR

Established Member
Perhaps an easy addition to this site would be a small application that kept track of our experiences with dealers and we could rate them.

Please develop this app as soon as possible so I can rate this dealership a zero, or if need be, I can develop it. I'll do it in Dot Net though. :)

I'm copying this thread to other local car forums I belong to in IL and will circulate the word not to deal with this dealership. I think they've already ruined their reputation.

haskett

Established Member
Originally posted by NVMYPWR
Perhaps an easy addition to this site would be a small application that kept track of our experiences with dealers and we could rate them.

Please develop this app as soon as possible so I can rate this dealership a zero, or if need be, I can develop it. I'll do it in Dot Net though. :)

I'm copying this thread to other local car forums I belong to in IL and will circulate the word not to deal with this dealership. I think they've already ruined their reputation.

I would love to see something like that. By dealership, we could track ratings of their sales dept and service dept separately?

NVMYPWR

Established Member
Originally posted by haskett
I would love to see something like that. By dealership, we could track ratings of their sales dept and service dept separately?

Well I'm a computer programmer. I know Visual Basic 6, C# and VB .Net really well. I know this site is written in php but if the owner of the site would like, I would develop this for FREE as long as my name was placed in small font somewhere barely noticeable on the app. :)

I think I could develop a really nice one in a month.

I can make it go against SQL Server or MySQL.

I like to build apps like this and see them get used....and I think that something like this would really get used.

ltv1

Established Member
That is what I went through for years. I realized that the '03 was so fault prone a recall was indicated very early on, but if you just void all the owners warranty work for "Mods", no recall needed! Voila!

I am now happily in the aftermarket. Do you really want people of this moral fiber putting critical components on your car? I surely don't. I thought it was just beyond hope in Florida, I guess not.

I have to keep my car going until I can go German, and never, never, look back at how much shit we have taken since it became real bad, the last 5 years or so.

They do it and will continue because they can.

Black306

Established Member
Originally posted by NVMYPWR

I've got 6 dealerships I can talk about (good and bad) if/when this database gets started.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Thanks for the support guys! But none of you will contribute a DIME to this situation - and I shouldn't have to either, but I will as an absolute last resort (including selling the car). I'd sell the car not because I don't like the car - it's because of how this is being handled and if no resolution is offered, Ford will lose me as a customer forever. People listen to me when I give advice about cars and manufacturers. So far NOT so good.

If we give up on this, imagine how they can take advantage of other consumers. I want this fixed because I have done nothing wrong, and I am 1000% right, and they are wrong so they have to repair it on their time.

Mike

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I am really disappointed in the way this is being handled by Ford. Suprised, no, just disappointed. They really don't care. I think this post needs to be made a sticky and kept up towards the top, till we get a dbase for crappy and good dealers.

Sonic Blue MN

Established Member
Mike,

I have read bits and pieces of the thread, and I don't think that Ford can have one of it's legal representatives (the dealership), do warranty work, screw it up, and then tell you to go to the dealer yourself and make them fix it. I think your doing all of the right things, the only suggestion I would have is to make a written complaint to your state's attorney general's office of consumer affairs and they may help you.

Keep in mind that it's your word against the dealership, and the dealership has had Ford's ear all this time. While your leaving messages and trying to talk to a Ford decision maker, the dealer is telling Ford a one sided story. Good Luck.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Update:

The Ford exec called me back this morning. She said that according to information from the dealership, the repair will not be honored because of "aftermarket components" and she said that in this case, my warranty is usually voided.

I could not believe this. So I explained my entire story again and my gripes with Westfield, and what does an airfilter have to do with BRAKE LINES being BENT and MANGLED? I begged to have a field rep to come look at my car, and she said it will take some time, but in this case with what the dealership said, these cases are not usually over-turned because the service manager documented it.

So looks like my warranty is going to be voided because of:

UPR radiator cover
Chrome pulley cover
Chrome oil cap
Chrome dipstick handle
K&N airfilter

OH my GOD!

Mike

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
This is my empassioned excessive remark: "Screw the warranty. I say get a lawyer and sue the dealership and Ford for screwing up the brake lines and putting an unsafe vehicle on the road."

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Update hour later:

Side note: When talking to the Ford Exec today, she says at the end of the conversation ..... "You had warranty brake work done on the car?" YES OF COURSE I DID, AT WESTFIELD FORD @ 200 miles on the ODOMETER ..... they had the car for more than a couple of days!!!!! She also stated she was not that technical to understand what the air filter has to do with the brake lines being bent. They assume the air filter caused the "failure"

I called SVT, field rep ... just have to wait for a field rep to come look at the car. If they do void my warranty, I will call the Ford Dispute line at 800-428-3718 as recommended by SVT

Mike

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Wow! They put someone who doesn't understand Cobras or mods and just spouts the company line on your problem. That doesn't help.

You definitely need to have a field rep or SVT person hear your side of the story. It sounds like Westfield is really pushing their "We didn't do anything and your car is modified " story. To everyone who's reading this, I have met Mike at SVT meetings and seen his car. The appearance mods and the air filter are the ONLY things I have ever seen on his car. For a dealership to say that some chrome and an airfilter mangles the brake lines? It'll be interesting to see Ford try to prove that.

The following info was Sent to me by i8u.

Last edited:

ltv1

Established Member
That Manusson act is great - they must still be forced to take the car legally.
They refused to work on my car once, when I got irate the Raiders offensive line magically appeared behind my "Service Advisor". Just lawyer up, most people don't which is why they try Thug tactics - they work. Six 225-250 lb Brothers let me know I wasn't going to get my car fixed at Autoway.

Users who are viewing this thread