What did you do for your Terminator today?

TP03

Established Member
Does griptec offer a 2.6 pulley? I emailed them twice, no response. I just bought a Metco lower kit. So I may sell my carbonite coated 2.6 pulley. Might be awhile though.

Sounds like you're putting together a great combo. Pretty much what I have.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Yes, there's certain builds that I got quite a few ideas from. Yours definitely being one of them. Thanks for all your descriptive posts over the years.
As far as the 2.6 pulley, I already have a used vmp 2.6 pulley. I ended up just calling griptec directly, (number on website). Talked to Amanda in sales. Basically I'm sending in my pulley with my contact info in the box. She verbally quoted me $95 to strip off black anodized coating and $120 for micro-machining (per pulley). Kinda pricey but if it works I believe it'll be worth it.
I seen that your possibly installing a metco lower. I'm trying to stick with the stock lower for now.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, there's certain builds that I got quite a few ideas from. Yours definitely being one of them. Thanks for all your descriptive posts over the years.
As far as the 2.6 pulley, I already have a used vmp 2.6 pulley. I ended up just calling griptec directly, (number on website). Talked to Amanda in sales. Basically I'm sending in my pulley with my contact info in the box. She verbally quoted me $95 to strip off black anodized coating and $120 for micro-machining (per pulley). Kinda pricey but if it works I believe it'll be worth it.
I seen that your possibly installing a metco lower. I'm trying to stick with the stock lower for now.
Cool.

Yeah I ended up sanding the pulley and polished it. The 2.6 works, I'd suggest getting the whipple aux sliding idler if you don't already have it. Much better belt wrap over the traditional style aux idler.

The belt dust is crazy. If I go into boost once, I have to clean under the hood. But it works. The gatorbacks create a lot more dust than a gates green belt.

That's the main reason I want to run a lower.
ea405eadaf002f79c61990e85608cb2f.jpg
195ceac29d5079a5ea4191f1c155c1d5.jpg

TP03

Established Member
Cool.

Yeah I ended up sanding the pulley and polished it. The 2.6 works, I'd suggest getting the whipple aux sliding idler if you don't already have it. Much better belt wrap over the traditional style aux idler.

The belt dust is crazy. If I go into boost once, I have to clean under the hood. But it works. The gatorbacks create a lot more dust than a gates green belt.

That's the main reason I want to run a lower.View attachment 1627980View attachment 1627981

Wow that is a lot of belt dust. I can see your reasoning, what a pain. I hope the griptec is less dust without slip. Time will tell once I get up and running. As far as the whipple aux idler... Already purchased, again, thanks. I've been paying attention. :)

I would like to know what size gatorback you run with the whipple aux and 2.6"? That would save me some time on figuring out what belt I need.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow that is a lot of belt dust. I can see your reasoning, what a pain. I hope the griptec is less dust without slip. Time will tell once I get up and running. As far as the whipple aux idler... Already purchased, again, thanks. I've been paying attention. :)

I would like to know what size gatorback you run with the whipple aux and 2.6"? That would save me some time on figuring out what belt I need.
I run a gates hd belt again. Both 74.5".

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
They are Red/Orange, been looking forward to these since you started making them. Got 2 gasket sets, one for the Cobra and one set for my TKO-600, in my '70 Fastback. Thanks for being a great forum member, and creating cool products for the cars we love.

Comp04svt

Established Member
That's a sweet looking piece. How does it compare to the stock cobra knob in size, grip, ergonomics etc.?

Thank you! I actually drove it for the first time yesterday. I like it a lot. It's definitely a little different feeling, takes a few to get used to because it is a bit smaller, but I like it. It fits my hand really well, because I have big hands, but shorter fingers. Actually it is more comfortable to shift normally as I tend to use three fingers on the top of the shift knob to pull down, and push up with my palm, and it fits your palm really well due to the smaller size. Has a really good weight to it as well. Because of how I shift normally, I actually found the stock knob a bit uncomfortable, because of the stitching, it would dig in to your fingers I guess.

I have a round MGW gripper knob too, and I like this better so far actually. It is 3" tall, 1 3/4 diameter, and weighs like 7.5 oz.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wish someone made a shift knob that just had the COBRA text rather than the snake. I don't recall ever seeing one available though.

Last edited:

KINGCarnge

Established Member

KINGCarnge

Established Member
View attachment 1628744

All I can do is stare at it waiting on my bumper to get painted. Dropped it off to get license plate holes filled and repainted 5-1/2 months ago.... going through withdrawals.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Have mine in the shop for about two months. Getting my blower swapped and some other work done. All I can do is look at the pictures I’ve taken when I go check on it. So, I definitely feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread