What did you do for your Terminator today?

Murderedsvt

Established Member
Just drove it, a/f gauge not working probably cooked a o2

Attachments

• 20221228_165117.jpg
    20221228_165117.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 62

01yellercobra

Established Member
This is why I love the exhaust modes on my GT500, in track mode it’ll make ears bleed but in normal it’s reasonable and in quiet it’s well… quiet.

Shame there isn’t a system for our cars to truly select the volume. I’ve done cut outs on other cars and it’s definitely not the same.
That's been the other idea I've been tossing around. Especially since I could probably set something up that opens under WOT.

robvas

Established Member
Bought a new K&N to put on the JLT

Wouldn't mind ditching my stingers but what is going to be quieter without killing power...I'd just put super turbos on there if I knew I wouldn't lose 40hp

Attachments

• 9439F876-480F-4034-8B78-609E4656EE6B.jpeg
    9439F876-480F-4034-8B78-609E4656EE6B.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 25A1D59B-117F-4A3C-B338-E7E014C718E5.jpeg
    25A1D59B-117F-4A3C-B338-E7E014C718E5.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 57

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Wouldn't mind ditching my stingers but what is going to be quieter without killing power...I'd just put super turbos on there if I knew I wouldn't lose 40hp
You aren't going to lose much if any HP by swapping out mufflers on a forced induction car.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

1FastFord

Established Member

if you decide to sell the catback, I am interested

cj428mach

Established Member

I'm not sure if Borla made a touring setup for SRA cars but you could see if someone wanted to trade you a touring setup for the stingers. If its like the IRS cars the tail pipes are the same only the front section is different so you wouldn't have to swap/ship the entire catback.

cj428mach

Established Member
This is why I love the exhaust modes on my GT500, in track mode it’ll make ears bleed but in normal it’s reasonable and in quiet it’s well… quiet.

Shame there isn’t a system for our cars to truly select the volume. I’ve done cut outs on other cars and it’s definitely not the same.

That would be nice, sometimes I crave loud, most of the time I want quiet. Years ago I had a 4th Gen Fbody with a Borla and it had a tunable exhaust. One tail pipe bypassed the muffler and had a 3 bolt flange. It allowed you to put different restrictor plates in the exhaust which would force more exhaust through the muffler and out the second tail pipe. It was really a cool idea, and then on top of that I bought an electric restrictor plate so I could adjust the Borla whenever I wanted from inside the car. I just had a switch I mounted in the ashtray. That was a fun setup.

14780-main-1-xlarge.jpg

85672d6874f65c28c53db8093055d7df.jpg

I could look at doing E-cutouts on the Cobra but I think it would just add clutter under the car and probably sound like crap at anything other than wide open or completely closed.

Last edited:

wckdvnm

Established Member

There are companies that make universals that would work just fine but I must keep my secrets till I try them first. They make kits for high end BMW’s and Audi’s and make varying muffler material types that are internally bypassed similar to the GT-500’s. They are vacuum operated not electronic.

01yellercobra

Established Member
That would be nice, sometimes I crave loud, most of the time I want quiet. Years ago I had a 4th Gen Fbody with a Borla and it had a tunable exhaust. One tail pipe bypassed the muffler and had a 3 bolt flange. It allowed you to put different restrictor plates in the exhaust which would force more exhaust through the muffler and out the second tail pipe. It was really a cool idea, and then on top of that I bought an electric restrictor plate so I could adjust the Borla whenever I wanted from inside the car. I just had a switch I mounted in the ashtray. That was a fun setup.

14780-main-1-xlarge.jpg

85672d6874f65c28c53db8093055d7df.jpg

I could look at doing E-cutouts on the Cobra but I think it would just add clutter under the car and probably sound like crap at anything other than wide open or completely closed.
I wanted that system so bad when I had my Trans Am.

That's an interesting not on the Borla touring exhaust. They do make the touring set up for the SRA's still. Which is why I don't understand why they don't make one for IRS cars.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I wanted that system so bad when I had my Trans Am.

That's an interesting not on the Borla touring exhaust. They do make the touring set up for the SRA's still. Which is why I don't understand why they don't make one for IRS cars.
IRS Lives Matter!

robvas

Established Member

Hundreds of thousands of GT's from 99-04 vs a couple thousand cobras

Had to buy another SCT X4 to datalog with today. Gotta dust off a laptop now

Users who are viewing this thread