What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

LS WUT

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

I was going back through this thread an realized I never posted pictures of the final install of the Dakota Digital Dash.

So, here you go.
View attachment 1826910

View attachment 1826911

Got everything done except calibrating the speedometer.
View attachment 1826912

Took the car out and drove it a mile. Set the speedometer and verified it was working properly.
View attachment 1826913

I then took the car out during the evening to see how the dash looked at night. I'm very happy with these settings.

Day time set up.
View attachment 1826914

Night time set up.
View attachment 1826915

I like the "mint" green theme as I believe it matches the HVAC controls the best.
View attachment 1826916
Man I should have sent my car to you. You're crushing it Glenn!

Mustang5L5

Established Member
That’s pretty darn sweet. I really need to consider this. I like how you can get actual readings from the guages and it doesn’t look out of place like some of the digital dash options.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think this will be my next mod too cause dam it looks good.

It's a GREAT mod. Especially with all the information it provides you. But it's expensive and seems to be out of stock a lot. Thank you for your comment. I do think it looks good and Dakota did great with the design.

That digital dash looks REALLY nice, Glenn! (y)

Thanks Bob!

Man I should have sent my car to you. You're crushing it Glenn!

LOL, have you seen my 65 Mustang build thread Dan? I kind of go overboard most of the time LMAO!!! Thank you for your kind words my friend.

That’s pretty darn sweet. I really need to consider this. I like how you can get actual readings from the guages and it doesn’t look out of place like some of the digital dash options.

At first I was wondering if I was going to like the 2 digital screens. However, after seeing it all together and seeing how much information is available to me, I really like it. I also really like how much it matches the original factory gauge style.

In the set up mode you have a lot to choose from to display on those digital screens. There are also 3 or 4 screens to scroll through. So, you can set up the screens how you want and then with the flip of a switch you can scroll through all the screens and choose which screen you want displayed.

If you noticed in my speedometer set up picture it shows MPH, mileage, trip meter and clock. Then in my gauge mode you can see clock, fuel level, water temp and oil PSI. There are so many more options in the set up menu for those screens.

I downloaded the app as it is easier to mange the set up of this gauge system. I connect to the control box via Bluetooth and use my phone to make changes.

It's a VERY cool set up. I highly recommend this gauge set up for Fox Body owners.

Thanks everyone for all your comments on this set up. Greatly appreciated!!!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
@Black Gold 380R of course I’ve read it! I wish I Had the knowledge and patience to do half the stuff you’ve done

Thank you Dan! Greatly appreciate you brother! Yeah, I was just wondering. I think that build/thread depicts my OCD when it comes to my cars LOL.

If you remember my first post about the Fox Body I said I was only going to do 3 things to it. Change the turn signal lever, change the shifter/handle and put new badges on it. Well, I've done that and way more LMAO!!!!

I just can't seem to leave well enough alone....

LS WUT

Established Member
Thank you Dan! Greatly appreciate you brother! Yeah, I was just wondering. I think that build/thread depicts my OCD when it comes to my cars LOL.

If you remember my first post about the Fox Body I said I was only going to do 3 things to it. Change the turn signal lever, change the shifter/handle and put new badges on it. Well, I've done that and way more LMAO!!!!

I just can't seem to leave well enough alone....
That’s how it all starts sir! It’s a good niche to have though. I can’t tell you how many sonic blues I’ve passed up on because little things are broken. I always ask myself if you’re to cheap to fix a little plastic piece you’re probably to cheap to do maintenance, etc

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
I finally had some time today to clean up the old T5 and installed my new Ford Racing steel bearing retainer. Before and After photos, 209K miles of grease, dirt and grunge. Simple green, a brush, rags and elbow grease did the trick. Certainly not perfect, but much better. Hope to get this thing in next weekend.

T5.jpg
Cleaned Up T5.jpg

brucesvt

Established Member
Since I had the car out, on Sunday the wife wanted to take the Vert out for a drive. I took the Fox Body and the wife and I went for a cruise. It was cool to see people giving my wife thumbs up. I got a few thumbs up in the Fox Body myself LOL.

Man, that Cobra silhouette just looks awesome!
View attachment 1826729

I tried to take a picture in the rearview, but my phone kept getting in the way. Got this using the "night" aspect on the rearview. Not a great picture, but you get the idea LOL.
View attachment 1826730

Once we got back home I snapped a few pictures of the Fox Body with all the new badges and QTR window decals on. Man, I'm really liking this car.
View attachment 1826731

View attachment 1826732

View attachment 1826733
One of my favorite Foxes on this site. Can’t wait to get one of my own

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

triple-s

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

I was going back through this thread an realized I never posted pictures of the final install of the Dakota Digital Dash.

So, here you go.
View attachment 1826910

View attachment 1826911

Got everything done except calibrating the speedometer.
View attachment 1826912

Took the car out and drove it a mile. Set the speedometer and verified it was working properly.
View attachment 1826913

I then took the car out during the evening to see how the dash looked at night. I'm very happy with these settings.

Day time set up.
View attachment 1826914

Night time set up.
View attachment 1826915

I like the "mint" green theme as I believe it matches the HVAC controls the best.
View attachment 1826916
Where did you get this dash I don't see this style on LMR?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay Guys,

Saturday was a wash this past weekend. Was windy as hell, so no progress on the Fox Body that day. So, went to work on the Fox Body on Sunday.

First thing I did was replace the oil pressure sensor. Now this is what I'm talking about....

Now it's reading 51PSI on cold start-up, just like the mechanical gauge did last weekend.
20240204_142837_resized.jpg

20240204_142858_resized.jpg

Then at operating temperature it's at 43PSI. This is great.
20240204_145338_resized.jpg

20240204_145324_resized.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The next thing I did was install cut to fit Ford Performance ignition wires.

The previous owner replaced the original factory wires from 1989 with these Motorcraft replacements. I really didn't care for them. I didn't like the looks and I really didn't like the routing. He routed them over the A/C and fuel lines. (Oh for those of you with the Eagle eyes, yes I disconnect the coolant temperature sensor as I was replacing it as well).
20240204_110949_resized.jpg

Zip ties? ZIP TIES?!?!? WTF?? This might be good for Roadkill, but not on my Fox Body. Totally unacceptable!
20240204_111003_resized.jpg

20240204_111010_resized.jpg

I connected all the wires at the spark plugs and installed proper wire looms/separators. I then cut to the proper length at the distributor.
20240204_121511_resized.jpg

I'm going to buy a new set of factory wire holders and install them on the valve cover stud in order to "pull" the wires closer to the engine. I had a good one and did this on the driver's side. It worked well.
20240204_141607_resized.jpg

I made sure to run the wires in order to give it a cleaner look this time.
20240204_141610_resized.jpg

You can see the factory wire holder in this picture. I like how it holds the wires close to the engine. I also bought some extra wire looms in order to get the coil wire in line with the ignition wires.
20240204_141620_resized.jpg

Completed project. Looks way better now. Okay, now I'm happy when I look at the engine LMAO!!! Still more to do in the engine bay though. More cleaning and working on the aesthetics.
20240204_141846_resized.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I like those more and more every time I see pics of them

I agree with you 5L5. I like them because they are modern yet retain the factory design. These are the ONLY ones I could see myself going with. All the others fail in comparison, design wise.

If these were not available I would have bought a used factory speedometer and just kept it factory.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I should have never sold all my gmp diecast cars. This is a new release. I believe only 650 made? Mine is #123.

I also have an exclusive 1987 or 88 white GT on the way.
38053c57e9cf4cbe8247878655cf7b3e.jpg
81643ff701304852925fa20436a1a870.jpg
a41d4ef8fd18f6821c3e1dd477f528b7.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Adjust those doors on your overhead cabinets. My OCD is driving me nuts
:ROFLMAO:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Adjust those doors on your overhead cabinets. My OCD is driving me nuts
That's the way they came. Not sure if there is any adjustment. It's doesn't look bad looking at it straight on.

But thanks, now I'll have to check because it's driving me nuts

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
That's the way they came. Not sure if there is any adjustment. It's doesn't look bad looking at it straight on.

But thanks, now I'll have to check because it's driving me nuts

There is probably 2 small screws on the hinges. 1 screw will adjust the door in/out, the other screw will adjust the door up/down.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
There is probably 2 small screws on the hinges. 1 screw will adjust the door in/out, the other screw will adjust the door up/down.
From what I remember, there was just a flat panel on the inside door. Which might require removing it. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread