what drag radial are you running on stock rims

cuslo1

Established Member
Just wanted to know what brand and size drag radial, and why you chose it? What are your likes or dislikes since you have been running that tire? Ready to buy drag radials for my stock 18 inch rims.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
i just sold my 18" ponies from an 05. i had 26x8.5 mt et streets. they hooked hard with my 3.31's and manual 6. launched on 2 step set at 3400 got down to 1.75 60'

cuslo1

Established Member
i just sold my 18" ponies from an 05. i had 26x8.5 mt et streets. they hooked hard with my 3.31's and manual 6. launched on 2 step set at 3400 got down to 1.75 60'
Wow that's a pretty good 60' wish I had know you were selling those.

cuzracecar

Established Member
nitto 555s 35/285 on the stock rims..... looks retarded cuz the massive gap but i had them left over from my vette so im just trying to have fun and burn them off lol they hook better than the stock tires but thats not saying much...

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
yeah.. the track here grows nails when the sun starts going down. almost pulls your shoes off.

cuslo1

Established Member
nitto 555s 35/285 on the stock rims..... looks retarded cuz the massive gap but i had them left over from my vette so im just trying to have fun and burn them off lol they hook better than the stock tires but thats not saying much...
What size rims 18 or 19? I wanna keep the stock rims for now and buy drag radials. Even after doing a search and reading I'm still confused on which tire to go with. Want to stay close to the stock diameter.

stang8psi

Established Member
I am running M&H race masters in 275/45/18 on the stock 5 spoke 18" wheel, there is not much bulge! The m&h run a bit narrow and the tire fits perfect with no rubbing and I am lowered on sportlines!

cuslo1

Established Member
I am running M&H race masters in 275/45/18 on the stock 5 spoke 18" wheel, there is not much bulge! The m&h run a bit narrow and the tire fits perfect with no rubbing and I am lowered on sportlines!

Thanks stang for the info.I have heard good reviews about the M&H race masters,how close in height are the to the stock tire?

vortecd

Established Member
American Muscle sells 18x10 stock looking wheels. Get a pair then you will have more options. I'm getting my '13 GT wheels widen so I can run Nitto 305/40/18's DR's. I have found the Nitto 555r work well in the rain. If your car is only driven on nice days then there are better dr's out there. Mine is my daily driver in the summer so it will see rain.

I talked to Nitto about making a close to stock height dr that would work on 18x8 wheels since there really are not any. I think there would be a market with all the Mustang owners but don't know if they are going to do it.

cuslo1

Established Member
American Muscle sells 18x10 stock looking wheels. Get a pair then you will have more options. I'm getting my '13 GT wheels widen so I can run Nitto 305/40/18's DR's. I have found the Nitto 555r work well in the rain. If your car is only driven on nice days then there are better dr's out there. Mine is my daily driver in the summer so it will see rain.

I talked to Nitto about making a close to stock height dr that would work on 18x8 wheels since there really are not any. I think there would be a market with all the Mustang owners but don't know if they are going to do it.
Would the 305/40/18 fit on the stock 18x8 rim without too big of a bulge or rubbing. I want to keep the stock rims for now.

zemog255

Established Member
Would the 305/40/18 fit on the stock 18x8 rim without too big of a bulge or rubbing. I want to keep the stock rims for now.

Thats going to be too big on the stock 18" wheel. I had a 285/40/18 nitto on a the stock wheel and it buldged pretty bad. The tire I would recommend on the stock wheel is the 265/40 Mickey thompson. Its about a inch shorter than the stock tire. It doesn't look horrible if you are lowered, stock height it stands out pretty bad but they hook very well.

For me with how expensive the larger wheel DR's are Im getting a set of 15" racestars and whatever tire I want. Alot more tire options and sizes also alot cheaper tires. After the 2nd tire set the price difference between a 18-19 drag radial and a 15. The wheels will be paid for.

cuslo1

Established Member
Only 19" drag radial close to the stock 19's are the 305/35 mt's. but they're a little to wide
I have 18" wheels and looking to find an drag radial thats pretty close to the stock tire height. I make 300 mile round trip to my parents often and would like to be able to run my drag radials all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread