Established Member
What rates were you guys able to get? Best for 72 months from Ford is 5.9%

nowplaying

HP Noob
Established Member
From TechCU, I've been given rates of:

2.99% for 72 months
2.24% for 66 months

Requires a 20% down payment for these rates.

farmboy90

Established Member
I opened an account online at penfed.org in about 5 minutes. Cost I think $15 to open an account. They approved it that day and sent me $60k for 5 years at 1.99%. They will do up to $70k for 5 years.

Marc

Established Member
I got the Senior Enlisted Discout through the Navy Federal Credit Union.

For 5 years, .79%
For 6 years, .99%

Although I haven't purchased it yet (working on that now), I do have the check at my house ready to spend. :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^^ Holy Shit!! What's considered Senior Enlisted?!!! lol. Like time in service or actual rank?

carguy19

Established Member
If someone wants to use a major bank, Chase, USBANK, Bank of america, TD Bank, etc.

Please call me. I can get you guys a better rate then you bank branch for an auto loan. We cant compete with credit unions, but be careful what you need to do when you sign up for CU's. They have different policies then banks do.....

For example. Most of them u need to allow to do an auto payment debit to ACH from your account (i dont like anyone to go into my acccount and take, I dont care whom it is.)

Secondly- I had a customer go thru an experience where on the fine print of the contract, it said if the CU went out of business, the company has the right to take your car if you cant come up with the payoff amount at any point of time if they go out of business, want to get out of the auto loan portion of banking, and many other reasons, if you didn't make the payoff when they request it the are able to bring the car and sell it at auction if you dnt have the funds to pay it off. NOT MY CUP OF TEA

To me those 2 reasons alone is why I'd pay 1.90.-2.9% thru a real company (chase, BOA, TD). The savings on 30 grand going from 1.9 to 2.9 is ABOUT 10-12 bucks a month on the principle payment.

Nice to have peice of mind to not have to worry about some lender putting you through hell with a brand new tough to get car.

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
^^^ Holy Shit!! What's considered Senior Enlisted?!!! lol. Like time in service or actual rank?

I don't know the exact ranks that are encompased in this, but normally senior enlisted are E7s-E9s. I am a E9 with 28 years. I also think it is based on your credit ratings. The wife and I both have 800+ credit scores.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh gotcha. I didn't know if it was like Time in Service or more of a rank thing.. Either way that is awesome loan rate.. My credit is at a 730 now but I'm only 24 hahaha. Still truckin to that 8xx mark. :)

carguy19

Established Member
UNDER 1% financing is F U C K I N G bananas. Don't hesitate, get a check now and pay it when the car comes in.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
The lowest they seem to do is 1.99 (and only if you apply online). How did you get 1.49%?

If you use their car buying service, it is (was) 1.49%. That's how I found my car was using this free service. You fill out an online form with them stating the model, color and options. And they put dealers in contact with you. Then they will finance for 1.49%.

Actually just checked again and now it is .49% if you use the service. 1.49% is their standard rate now!

Pen Fed Car Buying Service

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread