What is your opinion, What is the biggest issue now-a-days?

What is the biggest issue today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Economy. Followed by the lack of compromise between the left and right.

It's also pretty clear that the Republicans are out of touch with the majority of Americans. They need to shape up and fix their stances on social issues before they have a reasonable change at getting elected again.

who knew that fools from the bible belt could be delusional...

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
who knew that fools from the bible belt could be delusional...

You have absolutely no room to be labeling anyone a fool. I'm in the 2008 college generation, but I sure as hell don't want to be put in that retarded liberal bunch. The ignorance they have displayed is tearing this country apart.

No sadly you are extremely mistaken. The 2008 (none-liberal) college group are the future of America. We are the backbone of America now, and in the future. We fight the wars, we fix the jets, we engineer the technology, we believe in God, we maintain the technology, and most of all we make it so that your whiney liberal butt can have the freedom to spew the crap that runs out of your mouth.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
The biggest issue for me now-a-days is polls/questions like this. Don't shut me off before reading.

Government is a problem. The US economy did not get in this shape by working people like us. My personal house has to work on a budget. If we spend more than we make it's called debt. As long as politicians as a whole continue to have personal agendas with monetary gains for them our government will continue to operate in the red.

Media is a problem. Why do people listen to this crap. Ask why Hurricane Sandy was tagged "SUPERSTORM" when Katrina did for more damage. Some crazy ass mental patient shoots up a school in Conneticut and now we need gun control. What we need is crazy ass mental patient control. It's easier and more "PC" to pick on a gun or gun owners than it is to help "psychologically challenged" people.

In general get rid of stupid people. I don't mean litterally. Get in a wreck because of texting while driving, loose your license, you are too stupid to drive. Sue McDonald's for seving hot coffee, automatic fail. Fail for the Judicial system for accepting the case and fail for the customer for not using grey matter to figure out coffee is hot.

Education system. Teach kids to think, read, write, you know school stuff. Now-a-days schools teach the test. School budgets are based on how many kids make a certain grade on "The Test." More kids make a 90 or better the more money the school gets. They can pass the test but who gives a shit if their hand writing is illegible or spelling and grammer is just flat wrong (just read some of the post on this site for example).

Build the military and use it. Screw the world opinion, North Korea and Iran don't need nukes. Kill them. Fly a plane into the World Trade Center, Al Queda took responsibility, kill them. Guaranteed no one will mess with us again. Remember Japan's comment after bombing Pearl Harbor? "We have awakened the sleeping giant!" That America of days past is gone.

Back to my original statement, polls and questions like these are my issue. Everyone here has posted multiple bitches. These same complaints are voiced online or at work everyday. Go back and reread why we revolted against England so many years ago. It would be pure ignorance to think the US can continue down the current path. How many different governments has other countries in the world gone through?? Our current government has bastardized the constitution and it's time for change. Face it, government is not going to change itself...

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
He's referring to me flipping cars on the side to put away money for mu kids. That's the funny part....he hates that I have a full time job, a secondary job and flip cars on top of that. Too much motivation and initiative for a lib like him to deal with.

Yeah...

That is the biggest problem our country faces right now... tax evasion...

:bash:

crew_dawg16

Established Member
I'm sorry, but if you vote anything other than economy you need to do some :read: because we are reaching the point of no return with our national debt.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Amen!

/thread. The smartest guy on SVTP has spoken.

But you are right on the money. This country has taken away people's "ability to starve". It used to be that if you didn't work, you and your family starved to death unless other citizens helped you out.

Nowadays, people get free rent, free food, free cell phones, free health care, free utilities, etc. It's no wonder that the lower end of society doesn't make an attempt to earn an honest living... they will be taken care of either way.

As mentioned above, drug testing for ANY entitlement (including umemployment) needs to be mandatory. Birth control for women on welfare needs to be mandatory as well.

Additionally, public sector unions need to be abolished...

Entitlement is a disease. They get stuck in the system and cant get out. All the assistance and freeloading you could ever want or need is available to those that want nothing more than to "get by" in life. :bored:

GTAmuscle

Established Member
Republicans won't win on a national scale unless they realize that well... their social issues are pretty out of line anymore. Fewer and fewer people are believing that you go to hell for being gay. As a real conservative, I don't give a shit what you do in your bed, seriously don't give a ****. The only way they will win is if they adopt a more libertarian outlook and go back to actually being small government unlike what has been showing this millennium.

Fuerza

Established Member
I don't know if I agree that republicans are out of touch with people. I don't think people should change their views to fit a norm, by all means stick to what you believe in. The way I see it, people in this country have more liberal views than before. The people of this country voted for President Obama twice by a reasonable margin. They like the idea of equal rights with Gay's, Woman, minorities, poor ect. I do think there is a strong lack of work ethic with this generation. My sister had kids early and her daughters are just now entering the workforce and it really seems like they are 5 years behind where I was at their age. As said earlier when I hit 18 and graduated HS it was a big deal, you did 1 of 3 things, college, military service, or some sort of a working co-op to get a trade. Now, it takes 5 years out of HS before some kids even start thinking about life. By then they have a kid already and are tired frustrated so some other issue is going on.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
There is definitely an unfortunate laziness, entitlement and lack of ambition of most young people today. And as long as people with that mindset are pandered to by politicians that aren't affected by the laws they pass things can only get worse.

It seems the success of capitalize is also somewhat to blame for its failures too. We have it so great in this country and parents (cyclically) are able to provide so much more for their children that we are all pacified by pop culture, consumerism and living the life instead of remaining at least a little focused and driven. I don't have children but if I ever do I hope I don't spoil them and ruin them like so many kids today have been.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
Exactly.

Someone has to flip burgers and fries.

true but in today society everyone says you cant get anywhere in life without an education so tons of students go to college and take on massive debt in hopes of finding good paying jobs once they graduate. These people will never want to work in menial/hard labor jobs because what's the point of doing that with a college degree?

Now on the other hand if someone knows they wont do well in school or is perfecty okay working those types of jobs they are ostracized since they are told they NEED to go to school to make anything of themselves even if all they are good at is flipping burgers.

the "entitlement" generation that everyone seems to hate is not based on the fact that they want the government to take of them forever (maybe like 5-10% of the population would fall into that group) its that they are told to go to school and do all these things in hopes of making tons of money and then get mad when they graduate in a tough economy with over 45k in debt. plus many parents tell their kids that they should do something they love when it comes to work because they realized theres more to it than just working a crappy job just to have $ (and for what? so you can buy crap you don't really need ) they should feel satisfaction in what they do. That's why many young people these days refuse to work crap jobs such as flipping burgers because who the hell wants to do that for 40 years?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
true but in today society everyone says you cant get anywhere in life without an education so tons of students go to college and take on massive debt in hopes of finding good paying jobs once they graduate. These people will never want to work in menial/hard labor jobs because what's the point of doing that with a college degree?

Now on the other hand if someone knows they wont do well in school or is perfecty okay working those types of jobs they are ostracized since they are told they NEED to go to school to make anything of themselves even if all they are good at is flipping burgers.

the "entitlement" generation that everyone seems to hate is not based on the fact that they want the government to take of them forever (maybe like 5-10% of the population would fall into that group) its that they are told to go to school and do all these things in hopes of making tons of money and then get mad when they graduate in a tough economy with over 45k in debt. plus many parents tell their kids that they should do something they love when it comes to work because they realized theres more to it than just working a crappy job just to have $ (and for what? so you can buy crap you don't really need ) they should feel satisfaction in what they do. That's why many young people these days refuse to work crap jobs such as flipping burgers because who the hell wants to do that for 40 years?

The problem too is all that happened once college grads became the norm was it devalued that education level. Not everyone should go to college, and parents pushing their kids to get an education that theyll never utilize brings everyone down.

Also most current grads lack the motivation to use their education. And most of them have some pretty worthless majors while accumulating tens of thousands in debt and no way to pay for it.

Im lucky that I did not go to college and used networking and hard work to land an entry level job and continually moved up from there. My gf on the other hand, $80k in the hole with a BA from University of the Pacific in business and HR and due to the devaluement of her education level and current state of the economy (especially this god forsaken valley) she struggles to make her minimums and lead somewhat of a life.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
that's why I think people should go to school to get certifications or at least major in something that directly lands you a job (aka you have to go to school to do that job) otherwise like you said most jobs are about networking. Growing up you start to realize how much that saying "its not about what you know but who you know" rings true.

LOL the budget is a small issue? Wait until the only good the US dollar is for is to wipe your butt.

If you really think about it though...the budget is a small issue. Most Americans don't even know that every dollar is borrowed through the Federal Reserve, which is not part of the US government. Therefore, this country has been paying an astronomical amount of interest one very dollar in circulation, for decades. And I don't think the average citizen knows this truth.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
You have absolutely no room to be labeling anyone a fool. I'm in the 2008 college generation, but I sure as hell don't want to be put in that retarded liberal bunch. The ignorance they have displayed is tearing this country apart.

No sadly you are extremely mistaken. The 2008 (none-liberal) college group are the future of America. We are the backbone of America now, and in the future. We fight the wars, we fix the jets, we engineer the technology, we believe in God, we maintain the technology, and most of all we make it so that your whiney liberal butt can have the freedom to spew the crap that runs out of your mouth.

Conservatives are the problem. People who live in the South, shall we call them the American Taliban? They use their religion as justification to take away rights from others. They love their guns and hate government. Look they want the whole country to be God fearing, but that only applies if you believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior, if you are Jewish, Atheist, or Muslim you have no rights. If you aren't white, then your vote shouldn't count. If you are not male you have no place except in the home as a baby making machine. If you get raped it is "God's plan" and your body will not get pregnant because "it will shut itself down".

Seriously thats the problem

Users who are viewing this thread