What next gen console will you purchase?

Which console?

• PS4

Votes: 113 48.5%
  • Xbox one

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Pc

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Both

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Will not buy anything

Votes: 49 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paynecasey

Established Member
Did you guys know you have to check-in online on X1 every 24 hours or the games won't play?

What happens when MS abondands the X1? Will you still be able to play then? What happens if in 15 years the tech to go online has changed and now X1 can't get online?

I'm sorry it's a shoe-in to buy a PS4 right now.

X1's initial conference tried to sell you a Tv box that you could talk to.

Last edited:

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
bought the 1st ps3 for 700 when they came out i have so many games for it i have to beat and lots to play on buy a few more of the ones i want and it will last a long time hell i wish i dind't sell my 64 i'd still play all of those games! maybe when there 300 400 ill buy ps4 but that will be a few years anyways.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
What happens when MS abondands the X1? Will you still be able to play then? What happens if in 15 years the tech to go online has changed and now X1 can't get online?
then i'll buy the console that microsoft will be replacing the XB1 with:idea:

really guy??? that's gotta be the worst reason not to buy a console "well what if things are different 30 years from now???":nonono:

paynecasey

Established Member
then i'll buy the console that microsoft will be replacing the XB1 with:idea:

really guy??? that's gotta be the worst reason not to buy a console "well what if things are different 30 years from now???":nonono:

You do realize that your Xbox 360 games won't work on the Xbox One right? What makes you think X1 games will work on the next?

Even Sony said PS3 games both digital and disk will not work on PS4. However through a paid streaming service they might have an emulator available to play PS3 games.

So what of X1 has a masterpiece game that you'll replay every four years cause you love it and sorry you want be playing it on X2 because it won't play those X1 games and oh now you can't play it on X1 because its broken, Internet connection is newer tech now, or MS abandon's the X1.

To many unknowns.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
You do realize that your Xbox 360 games won't work on the Xbox One right? What makes you think X1 games will work on the next?

Even Sony said PS3 games both digital and disk will not work on PS4. However through a paid streaming service they might have an emulator available to play PS3 games.

So what of X1 has a masterpiece game that you'll replay every four years cause you love it and sorry you want be playing it on X2 because it won't play those X1 games and oh now you can't play it on X1 because its broken, Internet connection is newer tech now, or MS abandon's the X1.

To many unknowns.
#1, in the entirety of my console playing life, backwards compatibility has NEVER made a difference to me. why would i want to play previous gen games when i have the sequels to them or just plain better new gen games to play? i understand that's a concern for some, but not for me.
and, on top of that, the 360 will be near worthless within probably 2 months of the XB1 release, so i don't plan on selling it for a measly $20. if i want to play old games, i'll have an old console to play them on, no big deal. you can't put SNES cartridges in a WiiU, but i don't hear anyone complaining...

"what if..." can you please give me a legitimate argument here? "what if..." the PS5 won't play that masterpiece PS4 game? OH NO!!! :bored:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
None of the above.
don't play enough to warrant the cost of a new console.

I'll rather use that money elsewhere.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Meh, none are for me. I don't like having to have an internet connection to play my games. I live in OK and usually once a year or so the internet will go out due to some severe weather and it'll take a week or more to get it working again. Mine is still buggy from the last round of twisters that hit the metro.

Wicked81

Established Member
ps4 for sure, play 360 now, love live and will keep it. i just wont be upgrading the xbox. plan on buying more 360 games for the long haul.
dont like the implications of microsofts invasion of privacy with how the system is setup.

paynecasey

Established Member
#1, in the entirety of my console playing life, backwards compatibility has NEVER made a difference to me. why would i want to play previous gen games when i have the sequels to them or just plain better new gen games to play? i understand that's a concern for some, but not for me.
and, on top of that, the 360 will be near worthless within probably 2 months of the XB1 release, so i don't plan on selling it for a measly $20. if i want to play old games, i'll have an old console to play them on, no big deal. you can't put SNES cartridges in a WiiU, but i don't hear anyone complaining...

"what if..." can you please give me a legitimate argument here? "what if..." the PS5 won't play that masterpiece PS4 game? OH NO!!! :bored:

You missed my point which is.... There is a chance you won't be able to play your X1 games on the x1 its self. You do realize you have to be always online so Microsoft can check your game ownership status every 24 hours. If your console isn't online for more then 24 hours then you can't play the game. Sounds wonderful. You don't own the game anymore. Just the license to play it.

Last edited:

Slinger01

Established Member
You missed my point which is.... There is a chance you won't be able to play your X1 games on the x1 its self. You do realize you have to be always online so Microsoft can check your game ownership status every 24 hours. If your console isn't online for more then 24 hours then you can't play the game. Sounds wonderful. You don't own the game anymore. Just the license to play it.

If this is true, they have hung their selves. Link to where you got this info?

04svtsnke

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread