What next gen console will you purchase?

Which console?

• PS4

Votes: 113 48.5%
  • Xbox one

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Pc

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Both

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Will not buy anything

Votes: 49 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paynecasey

Established Member
Check out ign.com. They just did an article clearing all this mess up and he's absolutely correct.

IGN Article - Always Online Connection - Xbox One Wiki Guide
Always Online Connection - Xbox One Wiki Guide - IGN

Silly Microsoft..... You'd be a fools to get this console, ps4 hands down

Right MS is screwing us on ownership rights and Nintendo's Wii Useless is an absolute joke.

Wii U
Eight year old tech
Tiny hard drive
Forced to use tablet (even of your using the pro controller for online play you still have to have the tablet beside you for mic support.
Same bad 3rd party support as the Wii.
Crappy online friends list support and its 2013 Nintendo
Game content associated with console and not persons ID. If you buy a used Wii U you get the previous owners content.
2 Gbs of system ram vs 8 Gbs of ram for PS4 and X1.

PS4 >>>>>>> X1>>Wii U

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
You missed my point which is.... There is a chance you won't be able to play your X1 games on the x1 its self. You do realize you have to be always online so Microsoft can check your game ownership status every 24 hours. If your console isn't online for more then 24 hours then you can't play the game. Sounds wonderful. You don't own the game anymore. Just the license to play it.
like i've said a few different times, i don't care. this really doesn't effect me. just like my computer, my 360 is connected to the internet at all times. loss of service for a few days? oh darn, i'll have to find something else to do than play video games.
i'll save all of my philosophical qualms for the government, microsoft is offering a product and, barring any absolutely absurd news($800 price tag or something), i'll likely be buying this console and knowingly accepting the cons that come with it as, for me, the pros outweigh them.

you can keep hurling all of this "what if..." worst case scenarios, but the opinion of a random person on the internet will not sway my fact-based personal decision one inch.

paynecasey

Established Member
like i've said a few different times, i don't care. this really doesn't effect me. just like my computer, my 360 is connected to the internet at all times. loss of service for a few days? oh darn, i'll have to find something else to do than play video games.
i'll save all of my philosophical qualms for the government, microsoft is offering a product and, barring any absolutely absurd news($800 price tag or something), i'll likely be buying this console and knowingly accepting the cons that come with it as, for me, the pros outweigh them.

you can keep hurling all of this "what if..." worst case scenarios, but the opinion of a random person on the internet will not sway my fact-based personal decision one inch.

I'm just warning you that their is a wolf in the forest but go ahead and walk in. I as well as others have provided links.

Ps it will not cost $800. That would be suicide.

PS4 / Xbox1 = $400 - $550 max.

Wicked81

Established Member
microsoft has lost focus, turning the xbox into a media center. i hope sony improves their online network though.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I'm just warning you that their is a wolf in the forest but go ahead and walk in. I as well as others have provided links.

Ps it will not cost $800. That would be suicide.

PS4 / Xbox1 = $400 - $550 max.
blah, blah, blah, if you've paid any attention to my posts in these threads then it should be obvious that i'm pretty well informed about these consoles.
the dollar amount was an exaggeration, an example of what it would take to steer me away from the XB1.

microsoft has lost focus, turning the xbox into a media center. i hope sony improves their online network though.
Microsoft investing $1 billion into games on Xbox One | Joystiq
...yep, sure sounds like they lost their focus

paynecasey

Established Member
blah, blah, blah, if you've paid any attention to my posts in these threads then it should be obvious that i'm pretty well informed about these consoles.
the dollar amount was an exaggeration, an example of what it would take to steer me away from the XB1.

Microsoft investing $1 billion into games on Xbox One | Joystiq
...yep, sure sounds like they lost their focus

Rumor is they have paid 3rd party devs to not mention their game during Sony's E3 but to mention it during Microsoft's.

They claim to be buying exclusives.

Anyone remember 2010 - 2013? Halo, Gears and Forza and Kinect. That was all the exclusives 360 had except for Kinect crap. MS abanoned the Xbox by 2010. Sony kept pumping out different exclusives from 2009 - 2013.

Last edited:

Filthy1

My cars are slow
Established Member
I've had an Xbox & Xbox 360 from day one and I see ZERO reasons for me to buy the Xbox one. Unless something drastic changes at E3 today, Microsoft will lose a significant chunk of people like me. The used game thing alone is enough for me to not buy one.

PS4 FTW

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I have a Wii collecting dust, and my 360 isn't used much more than that.

For the first time in my life, I think I'll be skipping out on the next generation of gaming consoles.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Apple iOS 7 announced today, xbox price announced today..i wonder what sony has up its sleeve

Sent from my office in the Bureau using my iJesusPhone

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
The PS4 does not require you to get online to play games. It is also confirmed that there is no restriction on used games. Yep Sony just dropped a small nuke on microsoft

Sent from my office in the Bureau using my iJesusPhone

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The crowd cheered when the price of the PS4 was revealed. Quite the difference from the Xbox One price reveal.

Users who are viewing this thread