What sports car to buy with $35k?

What sports car to buy with $35k?

• Total voters

kit5pt0

Established Member
At the end of fall, I'll have a budget of about $35k and I'm looking at 4 different options. None are mustangs, but I wanted to get svtp's opinion. I haven't driven any of these yet, but so far I think I'm ranking the Porsche last and the Viper third, only because I hear the Viper drives like ass. I plan on driving all 4 before making a purchase.

1) Early C6 Z06, with exhaust
2) Supercharged C6 with ~600 rwhp
3) 1996-1999 Viper, with exhaust
4) Porsche 996 turbo, stock

Which would you choose and why? I'm not concerned with 2 door vs 4 door or having a back seat or not. Also, feel free to put whatever else that you'd recommend if it's not on the list but in the budget.

Edit: This would just be a fun street car, not looking to track it. Also, there is no room for other mods after this $35k budget. I'll be out of $

Last edited:

infidel0910

Established Member
I would go with the C6Z, was that full exhaust? Either way its a bad ass car. Heads/ cam/ spray= flying.

UncleDan

Established Member
I would go with the C6Z, was that full exhaust? Either way its a bad ass car. Heads/ cam/ spray= flying.

I would go with an LS3 C6 long before any Z06. Mild cam, A&A Supercharger, meth injection, headers, clutch, and tune. Reliable and able to drive anywhere anytime. Will take down the Z06 and ZR1 without sneezing, and 99.9% of all other vehicles on the road.

tistan

Established Member
I'd go with a 911 turbo, but not a stock one. Most of the owners who modify theirs use high quality parts. The AWD would mean no more running drag radials or changing wheels and tires.

scott5

Established Member
I say supercharged C6.

Have you thought about a C5Z which would leave you alil extra money to change up something that you don't like or just leave some extra money in the bank.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Funny.. before I even opened the thread I was going to suggest the Viper!

Nothing turns heads like they do. Even 15 years later.

Griffin

Established Member
You aren't going to find a 996 turbo for 35k that is clean. I've been looking for 5 months. When your talking about replacing turbo parts on a 996 you better have deep pockets.

I was in your same situation and I ended up with a BMW M5. 510hp stock and it has every option you can think of.

I also wanted a C6 Z06, but they are still a bit more than 35k.

What about a M3 08'?

Griffin

Established Member
Why should he stay away from the Viper? I was looking at those as well. Are they garbage?

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I voted C6 Z06 but Viper is a close 2nd. If I were to dump $35k and those were my choices, I would buy the Viper because I absolutly love Vipers.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
If you go c6z make sure they had the valve issue fixed, or save some Fahd to have the heads pulled right away.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
At the end of fall, I'll have a budget of about $35k and I'm looking at 4 different options. None are mustangs, but I wanted to get svtp's opinion. I haven't driven any of these yet, but so far I think I'm ranking the Porsche last and the Viper third, only because I hear the Viper drives like ass. I plan on driving all 4 before making a purchase.

Which would you choose and why? I'm not concerned with 2 door vs 4 door or having a back seat or not. Also, feel free to put whatever else that you'd recommend if it's not on the list but in the budget.

Edit: This would just be a fun street car, not looking to track it. Also, there is no room for other mods after this $35k budget. I'll be out of $

i recommend you buy my Z06 and save $6,000 :thumbsup:

click on the link in my sig to see the ad of it for sale :beer:

Fuerza

Established Member
You aren't going to find a 996 turbo for 35k that is clean. I've been looking for 5 months. When your talking about replacing turbo parts on a 996 you better have deep pockets.

I was in your same situation and I ended up with a BMW M5. 510hp stock and it has every option you can think of.

I also wanted a C6 Z06, but they are still a bit more than 35k.

What about a M3 08'?

I agree here. I'd look into a coupe M3.

FiveSpeed

Established Member

I wouldn't say the Viper drives like ass, it simply commands more from the driver. I say Viper or C6

Users who are viewing this thread