What sports car to buy with $35k?

What sports car to buy with $35k?

• Total voters

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
At the end of fall, I'll have a budget of about $35k and I'm looking at 4 different options. None are mustangs, but I wanted to get svtp's opinion. I haven't driven any of these yet, but so far I think I'm ranking the Porsche last and the Viper third, only because I hear the Viper drives like ass. I plan on driving all 4 before making a purchase.

1) Early C6 Z06, with exhaust
2) Supercharged C6 with ~600 rwhp
3) 1996-1999 Viper, with exhaust
4) Porsche 996 turbo, stock

Which would you choose and why? I'm not concerned with 2 door vs 4 door or having a back seat or not. Also, feel free to put whatever else that you'd recommend if it's not on the list but in the budget.

Edit: This would just be a fun street car, not looking to track it. Also, there is no room for other mods after this $35k budget. I'll be out of $

C6 with a glass roof and mods...

Ls3 + Blower > LS7

all day everyday

kit5pt0

Established Member
I say supercharged C6.

Have you thought about a C5Z which would leave you alil extra money to change up something that you don't like or just leave some extra money in the bank.

i have c5. looking for something different. i'll be selling it to buy one of these listed above

Not sure if you are able to find a c6 z06 for $35k. That price would probably be for a Viper RT/10 or a higher mileage GTS.

these can be found on ebay, which is a pain, but they're out there

You aren't going to find a 996 turbo for 35k that is clean. I've been looking for 5 months. When your talking about replacing turbo parts on a 996 you better have deep pockets.

I was in your same situation and I ended up with a BMW M5. 510hp stock and it has every option you can think of.

I also wanted a C6 Z06, but they are still a bit more than 35k.

What about a M3 08'?

if i could afford a modded 996, that's what i'd go for easily. but stock for mid to upper $30's is a lot of dough. a m3 is nice, but not really what i'm looking for.

C6 with a glass roof and mods...

Ls3 + Blower > LS7

all day everyday

the glass top and most hp are the great selling points on the s/c c6, while the widebody on a z looks great. however, i think the viper looks better than a c6z. the c6z probably rides much better than the viper. i'm going around in circles here.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
the glass top and most hp are the great selling points on the s/c c6, while the widebody on a z looks great. however, i think the viper looks better than a c6z. the c6z probably rides much better than the viper. i'm going around in circles here.

if you like the widebody of the z but want the ls3 motor just by a C6 GS

Qwk GT

Established Member
Porsche.

But I'be been looking and haven't found one for that price as of yet.

Maybe some older ones with mileage getting up there, but anything decent at least in my area are a little pricier.

Didn't know you could get c6 z06s for that either, but I've never looked.

family-man

Established Member
is a ls3 that much of a reliable motor? no known probs like the ls7? how much are guys running to the rear on stock internals besides possible cam swap

jbs$

Established Member
Is it possible to hold off you purchase for a while and add another $10 large or so to the pot. There are a lot of very nice car in the $45 - 50,000 range that may take another two to three years to get to $35.

SBVERT03

Established Member
Personally I'd go with the C6Z, but like others have said I'm not sure if you'll be able to find many real nice ones in your price range. They probably are out there, but it may take a while. But hey, patience is a virtue right? Lol. And I completely understand your love for the viper. Even today those cars turn heads like none other. The body lines are just so sexy.

randoo

Established Member
for 35k you can get a well built evo that will bury most others in that price range

Users who are viewing this thread