What sports car to buy with $35k?

What sports car to buy with $35k?

• Total voters

kaz109

Established Member
Those AREN'T $35K Porsche's that you showed in those pics...:D
I'd take a Big Twin Screw Terminator with built longblock and leave $10K of that $35 in the bank:rockon:

The one is the last post is a 996 with rims and it looks flawless! As much as I love the terminator it won't handle like a Z or anywhere near like a 996. I think the 996 and terminator are timeless cars and I love the lines but performance goes to the 996

61mmstang94

Established Member
Those AREN'T $35K Porsche's that you showed in those pics...:D
I'd take a Big Twin Screw Terminator with built longblock and leave $10K of that $35 in the bank:rockon:

The last one is a 996.

I'm sure you would rather have a "terminator" but I think OP is looking for a better all around car...hence why he has listed the porsche, z06, viper, etc. I'm sure he knows a cobra is cheaper, that's a given.

Last edited:

paynecasey

Established Member
I know the 2006 C6 Z06 is epic because its a 427 bit I'd take the 03/04 Z06. I have heard the C6 Z06 has less aggressive gearing to help fuel economy while the C5 Z06's rear end and tranny are geared more aggressive.

I vote 03/04 yellow Z06.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Someone on a budget. They have X amount of money to spend and they looked at their options of buying a cheaper car and leaving room for mod money...or just getting a nicer car to begin with and not modding it.

Well, lets be honest, if he's looking to spend just $35k for a car and wants a c6z then that isn't going to cut it either.

Not going to get a c6z and do full bolt-ons with a cam for that price either.
When it comes down to it since you seem to know for sure the OP will keep the car stock, that picture of a stock 996 Turbo looks plain as hell to ANY stock C6Z.
True, but I also don't consider wheels as typical mods. I do that to any car to begin with because I always think factory wheels can be improved upon with some nice forged wheels.

And even a 996 with the right wheels will look good but its preference which one someone would prefer I suppose.

At least the porsche will be a little more exclusive if that counts for anything.

Yeah, I know I was more referencing the bodystyle and how I don't think its on par with a beetle lol.

Someone above stated they've done their own work on their porsche and bought used exhaust, etc and its not as expensive as if he went out and bought a brand new 911 and modded it with expensive new parts.

Just like the c6z you can mod a car expensively and there's ways to get it done much cheaper and on a budget.

But all things considered I'd say the porsche would come out a little more expensive than the Chevy.
:beer:
Agree with everything you've said, and without a doubt the 996 Turbo is more exclusive too.
Another thing for the OP to consider is the age of the 996 cars.

I used to love the p cars and still do but with the choices the OP has it would be c6z for me, save up for a couple months and bump the budget to 40k!

61mmstang94

Established Member
:beer:
Agree with everything you've said, and without a doubt the 996 Turbo is more exclusive too.
Another thing for the OP to consider is the age of the 996 cars.

I used to love the p cars and still do but with the choices the OP has it would be c6z for me, save up for a couple months and bump the budget to 40k!

And I don't think either the c6z or the porsche would be bad

I love both and if I sat down to purchase it'd be a lot of thought put into both lol.

Users who are viewing this thread