What sports car to buy with $35k?

What sports car to buy with $35k?

• Total voters

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
if you buy an LS2 vette you may be able to talk them into throwing in the tow hitch for free!

SynMan5.0

Established Member
But 07-09 GT500s are butt ugly:bored:

I strongly disagree. And here I thought I was on an SVT forum... :shrug:

Once again sports car keeps that off the list....

I didn't see anything about it having to be a sports car. I didn't read all 3 pages, though, either. He didn't say anything about racing the car and a GT500 is a good daily driver, so I thought it was appropriate. Doesn't sound to me like he can really afford a C6 Z06 or a 911, and Vipers are pretty crude if he's just looking for a driver.

tistan

Established Member
I strongly disagree. And here I thought I was on an SVT forum... :shrug:

I didn't see anything about it having to be a sports car. I didn't read all 3 pages, though, either. He didn't say anything about racing the car and a GT500 is a good daily driver, so I thought it was appropriate. Doesn't sound to me like he can really afford a C6 Z06 or a 911, and Vipers are pretty crude if he's just looking for a driver.
Maybe you should try reading the thread title

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
Those of you who said maintenance on a 996 Turbo is prohibitively expensive, please give examples. It would probably be safe to assume that a Porsche would cost a bunch to maintain but I'd like specifics. (Yeah, I've contemplated getting one.)

'99 VFR800, '08 1125R, '06 1050, '91 F2, '03 DRZ400

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
I've been browsing around Rennlist.com this morning. The 996NA cars have expensive potential issues (rear main seal and intermediate shaft) but the 996TT has a "completely different" motor and I saw the word "bulletproof" used to describe it more than a few times.

I'm sure Porsche parts in general are more expensive than Mustang or Vette parts but it doesn't sound like there is anything terribly scary about buying a 996TT.

'99 VFR800, '08 1125R, '06 1050, '91 F2, '03 DRZ400

Sick SVT

Established Member
Viper GTS hands down. Im actually in the market for one now. You can get one with less than 40k miles on it for $35k or just under. Just a sweet looking car.

kaz109

Established Member
Everybody has a old man has a vette and they are a dime a dozen, it is borderline the new civic with how cheap they are. Yes you can get a Z for 40 or under you just have to look. To me a viper or 996TT would be the only option. But the condition of the 996 would be in question at that price point

99GTvert

Established Member
Take this for what it's worth, as I have zero firsthand experience with Porsches, but I've heard if you are a halfway capable mechanic, they are the cheapest/easiest exotics to maintain. Vipers are cooler though, so I vote for 97-99 GTS.

truefiveo

Established Member
Everybody has a old man has a vette and they are a dime a dozen, it is borderline the new civic with how cheap they are. Yes you can get a Z for 40 or under you just have to look. To me a viper or 996TT would be the only option. But the condition of the 996 would be in question at that price point

Same can be said about your horrible depreciating AMG vehicle:lol:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I'd stay away from the earlier model vipers.... super costly to maintain and you'd have to drive one for yourself, but I'm a bigger guy and the car made me feel claustrophobic inside. That and after awhile of running you really start to feel the heat radiating from that big engine. Not to mention mods are expensive as hell....

But honestly, just drive both and make the decision for yourself

truefiveo

Established Member
Sorry to say but a vette is far more common than a AMG....let's not derail this thread with your insecurities though

Oh really? Insecurities???

AMGs are a dime a dozen and can be had for sub 30s/20s after 2 or 3 years of terrible depreciation what else did you think of your little cute daughters sweet sixteen C63.:shrug:

it is borderline the new civic with how cheap they are.
:??:

Do you even read the BS you post?????
So before you go mouthing off about vehicles being as cheap and as common as Honda Civics go look in your garage and self reflect.

Between you and Jinx 4.6 I'm not sure which one of you deserves the award and matching cap to go with it.;-)

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Oh really? Insecurities???

AMGs are a dime a dozen and can be had for sub 30s/20s after 2 or 3 years of terrible depreciation what else did you think of your little cute daughters sweet sixteen C63.:shrug:

:??:

Do you even read the BS you post?????
So before you go mouthing off about vehicles being as cheap and as common as Honda Civics go look in your garage and self reflect.

Between you and Jinx 4.6 I'm not sure which one of you deserves the award and matching cap to go with it.;-)
Lol...like I said..insecure . I am sorry to be the one to break your heart lil guy but a 2-3 yr old AMG is not 20-30k...and as a whole you would see more vette's than AMG's on the street simply because well this is MERICA! Lol

Second I can look at the two vehicles in my garage and they are over 20-30k...the 2 outside, well you got me there as only one is over 30k. The desperation in your post is funny lol

Users who are viewing this thread