What sports car to buy with $35k?

What sports car to buy with $35k?

• Total voters

hey11101

Established Member
look wise I say the viper, driving wise I drove neither of them so I would have to drive them back to back and decide at that point. If you have big plans down the line the viper has a better motor to handle more boost.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
If you're spending your entire budget on purchase price, you should probably go for reliability. In my mind that excludes the Porsche and the blown Vette.

If comfort is important, bye-bye Viper.

As for price, I sold my C6 Z06 (stock, 30K miles, great shape and never beaten) for 41K 1.5 years back. They're out there.

Zemedici

Established Member
Porsche or Viper.

Porsche is in a class all its own, but prepare to pucker up for that maintenance. As stated earlier.

Viper on the other hand, you could build in your driveway. :D

jbs$

Established Member
The sad news and good advise is, if $35,000 is your budget, you can not afford a Porsche. The upkeep would make it a very unpleasant time in your life.

UncleDan

Established Member
Just cant deny the looks and power potential of a C6Z06:bowdown:

You can't deny the power potential of an LS3 C6 either. LS7s won't handle the boost like an LS3 does. But, I guess it all depends what set up you want. If someone prefers a nice heads/cam car with a sweet LS cam chop, then yeah maybe go with the Z06. If you want to spank everyone, then think about the supercharged C6.

kit5pt0

Established Member
thanks everyone for the input. the porsche is probably out due to maintenance. definitely not getting an evo.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I haven't price checked recently, but you may be able to grab an 09 CTS-V for that price. ~$600 got me +70 rwhp, up to 549...

if you can find a C6Z06 for 35k I imagine a GS wwould be cheaper...

You would imagine incorrectly, but that's not terribly surprising.

ff500

Established Member
My buddy just bought a built 06 srt8 300. Built by rdp motorsports. He paid $27000. for it. It is insane, over 600 rwhp. 10.9 and 10.6 with nitrous. I'll see if I can find the specs on it.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member

That link is dead, but the cheapest C6 Z06 I can find on ebay right now has 80k miles for $37k. He's right, you won't be able to find a C6 Z06 for $35k without either an assload of miles on it or a salvage title. Well cared for, low mileage examples are still in the mid to high $40ks.

If you want something that's been beaten to hell for 100k miles, sure, have at it.

I'd stick with an LS3 'vette if you're the typical SVTP $30k millionaire. You won't go into quite as much credit card debt when it breaks on you vs the Porsche or the Viper.

Users who are viewing this thread