What was your last workout?

MG0h3

Established Member
Followed my K9 through the brush and up and down a creek for 5 hours! Shits starting to kick my ass. Couldn't even think about the gym when I was done.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Good for you man.
Me, my brother and my buddy all used to train together back in day. We all got stuck on the 90's and wanted the 100's, but we never got there. That's some serious weight.

Going to need all the strength you can muster for big booty hoe chasing :D (uncle meat thread) ....I kid...I kid...I read some interesting things on weight training while limiting caloric intake/uptake, intermittent fasting. I was surprised by the claims of making gains, definitely has interested me enough experiment some.

Thanks guys. Im 6'2", 195-ish. Havent weighed myself in a couple weeks so not quite sure where im at now. Ive thought about IF before but have never tried it for longer than a couple days lol.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Kona.
I have three halfs in between. May race oly nats but I am not terribly competitive at short course.

You race?

That’s badass. My goal is to do a full tri this summer and half Ironman eventually. I always hated running but picked it up as a stress reliever after getting divorced 4 years ago. Let’s just say my build is not suited for running, but that’s mainly what I do. I bike a fair amount, but the open water swim is the only thing holding me back. I do a ton of 5-10k’s, and 2-3 half marathons a year. A couple duathlons and a sprint tri or two. We get to race about half the year here in Wisconsin. I dated a chick a few years back who qualified for Kona and then got injured and couldn’t do it, so I realize what an accomplishment it is. Congrats and good luck.

quad

Established Member
Trained legs tonight. Legpress up to 720 lbs and wrapped my knees. Did some lighter deadlifts also up to 275 lbs. I've been trying to get back into regular deadlifting but have to take it easy and slowly build it up. I could do 500 lbs at one point and probably could again if I put an effort in for a year or so but not sure if I really want to at this point.

The gym I am going to at the moment has a deadlift bar which works just great and I love it compared to a normal straight bar. It weights about the same also - 45 lbs. I placed it on a scale to check.

olympic-deadlift-bar-eser.jpg

VegasMichael

Established Member
Trained legs tonight. Legpress up to 720 lbs and wrapped my knees. Did some lighter deadlifts also up to 275 lbs. I've been trying to get back into regular deadlifting but have to take it easy and slowly build it up. I could do 500 lbs at one point and probably could again if I put an effort in for a year or so but not sure if I really want to at this point.

The gym I am going to at the moment has a deadlift bar which works just great and I love it compared to a normal straight bar. It weights about the same also - 45 lbs. I placed it on a scale to check.

View attachment 1472251
I was a regular deadlifter back in the 90s and early 2000's. Funny how times change. People would always come up and tell me that it was bad for your body and did more harm than good and now it's very popular. I never went for a max but did work up to 6 reps with 315.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Chest and then cardio at the gym in a little bit.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Deadlift, lat pull, straight arm pulldown, alt db curl, preacher curl...good lil sunday

quad

Established Member
I was a regular deadlifter back in the 90s and early 2000's. Funny how times change. People would always come up and tell me that it was bad for your body and did more harm than good and now it's very popular. I never went for a max but did work up to 6 reps with 315.
Yes deadlift is a great exercise if done safely. I did pull my back a few times in my twenties with heavy deadlifts and squats. But fortunately not to the point where I permanently injured myself as some have done and I think I knew when to back off. But it can be dangerous if you go for ego, lift too heavy and ignore warning signs.

Look at Ronnie Coleman - he lifted huge heavy weights when his body was not meant for that kind of abuse and now he is paying a big price.

I abandoned squats more than 15 years ago and tried it on and off a few times but it has become so uncomfortable having my arms pulled behind the bar that I don't even try it now. I'll do squats with a 100 lbs dumbell in each hand sometimes though, knees wrapped and a lifting belt of course.

Hack squats are also great. Squats, hack squats and deadlifts really stimulate testosterone production and every man should do this, even if it is only body weight. I'll sometimes get morning wood a day or two after hack squats. Unfortunately the current gym I go to does not have a hack squat machine. I won a raffle with a free 6 month membership and once this is up will go to a gym that has one.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Had a huge schedule change last week which interrupted my eating and workout schedules. Back to normal now and did a 60 minute bike/sprint/walk session today. Will try a boxing routine tomorrow and see if my rib cage holds up.

1996slowbra

Established Member
I just do cardio on weekends, 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the stair stepper with core at the end. 2-3 hour mountain bike ride tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread