What yr did SVTP start

ssssnake

Established Member
The Terminator guy I remember most from way back in the day watching Terminator video's when Terminators were new and building their rep was that guy "Blades" I think his name was. He had a black 03 if I remember correctly.

LOL I've been here so long, I remember what Blades' username used to be - when he was trying to talk his parents into buying a Terminator for him. :) It was Catchmecopper. And they did.

Jroc

Established Member
Did this guy happen to race an STi and showed dyno graphs of before and after the chip and pulley?
If so, I also remember that video when it was recently released :beer: That was around the time we came up on this site. My brother had recently gotten his Terminator new a couple of months before that. I was lurking for years before I actually joined when I bought my Cobra. It was truly awesome going to the dealer and seeing them new there.

IDK. I think I remember a video of him wearing out a Mitsu 3000 GT. I think one of the AWD TT ones. I also remember a video that I think was him when he got a full Bassani exhaust.(was probably pretty new at the time if I remember right) I just use to lurk on here reading and dreaming about getting a Terminator and he was one of the most recognized street racers or at least he would post a lot of video's and people would often talk about them when talking about street racing terminators.

If you look at the end of this video he was actually pretty conservatively modded by todays standard. Just a pulleyed/full exhaust/bolton Terminator. Goes to show just how much faster cars have gotten since the introduction of the Terminators. It's still fun to watch how people were doing it back in the day when the cars were new, and changing the way people view what a Mustang could do in a race.

blades 03 cobra - YouTube

LOL I've been here so long, I remember what Blades' username used to be - when he was trying to talk his parents into buying a Terminator for him. :) It was Catchmecopper. And they did.

Yeah I remember reading about that. It was either right before or right after I bought my Terminator back in 06 if I remember correctly. Didn't they catch him racing, and he tried to run from them, but got caught or something?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
IDK. I think I remember a video of him wearing out a Mitsu 3000 GT. I think one of the AWD TT ones. I also remember a video that I think was him when he got a full Bassani exhaust.(was probably pretty new at the time if I remember right) I just use to lurk on here reading and dreaming about getting a Terminator and he was one of the most recognized street racers or at least he would post a lot of video's and people would often talk about them when talking about street racing terminators.

If you look at the end of this video he was actually pretty conservatively modded by todays standard. Just a pulleyed/full exhaust/bolton Terminator. Goes to show just how much faster cars have gotten since the introduction of the Terminators. It's still fun to watch how people were doing it back in the day when the cars were new, and changing the way people view what a Mustang could do in a race.

blades 03 cobra - YouTube

Yeah I remember reading about that. It was either right before or right after I bought my Terminator back in 06 if I remember correctly. Didn't they catch him racing, and he tried to run from them, but got caught or something?
Yup! That was the same guy! Brings back memories of when the Cobra was getting widely known and was still among a lot of people a sleeper for being a Mustang. Good ol' memories!! I'll never forget the first time I rode in the Cobra and I was just 15 years old. Hearing that wine for the first time, I fell in love with it instantly :rockon: Lots of my brothers friends came over just to check out the car. And yea, back then a cobra modded like that was among one of the fastest on the street, now it seems like an avg modded car. Times change soo fast.

I guess thats just why I love Cobra's, it was my dream car when I was growing up.

ssssnake

Established Member

Yes, cornered him and arrested him. I don't know what happened, as far as his punishment went. I did love those videos tho.

Jroc

Established Member
Yup! That was the same guy! Brings back memories of when the Cobra was getting widely known and was still among a lot of people a sleeper for being a Mustang. Good ol' memories!! I'll never forget the first time I rode in the Cobra and I was just 15 years old. Hearing that wine for the first time, I fell in love with it instantly :rockon: Lots of my brothers friends came over just to check out the car. And yea, back then a cobra modded like that was among one of the fastest on the street, now it seems like an avg modded car. Times change soo fast.

I guess thats just why I love Cobra's, it was my dream car when I was growing up.

Damn man your getting me reminiscing. :dw:

The first time I road in a Terminator I drove up to VA to trade my old Roush Stage 2 on one.(I bought my car at High-End Auto Hi-End Auto - Hi-End Auto) I knew I wanted one because I was tired of my LS1 buddies always messing with me. So it was a Sunday, and the owner of HEA had me meet him somewhere and picked me up in a SB Terminator and drove me dealer were he was keeping the cars.(this was back before he had his shop built and was keeping them at the local Ford dealership) He must of had 10+ Terminators. Anyway on the ride out there he started showing me what the car was about, and I was just like, "holy shit I cannot believe how much faster this car actually is than my old GT, and how smooth, broad, and strong the motor is!!!". Well I ended up driving probably 4/5 Terminators(everything from bone stock to your typical bolton Cobra) and then I was like I want to drive that one, and I pointed to the car he picked me up in. So when I drove it I was like, "yeah this is the one I want." He kind of looked at me annoyed, but smiling, and was like "I understand. Every time I get a good strong runner that I want to drive, someone rides in it and they usually decide it's the one they want." So anyway the first Terminator I ever road in, but the last Terminator I test drove that day is the one I bought. Good memories. :beer:

Here she is sitting with just over 13K miles on her at the High-End Auto owners house the day I got her while we were doing the paper work. Still had the running horse emblem, OEM Good Years, and stance of my Lightning at the time. You can even see my old Roush I traded in on her in the background. This was back in 06. She never failed to impress people who either never had ridden in one before or didn't know what a Terminator was until after their first ride, and then they very much new what they were. lol

2rz8m6r.jpg

348nhy1.jpg

Here she was a week to the day B/F I wrecked her in March 2010. Bad memories. :nonono:

She was awfully purdie though. :rockon:

xptwzc.jpg

Last edited:

Fuerza

Established Member
Nitrous Pete and his infamous '03 Cobra! Yeh, he was an early Terminator legend. Haven't heard his name in awhile.

[youtube_browser]i2h1yl-IEfc&feature=relmfu[/youtube_browser]

Oh yeah! I remember getting the Nitrous Pete vs Jim D'amore shoot out magazine in Iraq back in 03. Right then I decided I'd be getting a terminator. Got mine back in summer of 04 before the Ford $3k rebate. Man I was pissed! That would have been my KB 2.2 money right there.

Jroc

Established Member
Oh yeah! I remember getting the Nitrous Pete vs Jim D'amore shoot out magazine in Iraq back in 03. Right then I decided I'd be getting a terminator. Got mine back in summer of 04 before the Ford $3k rebate. Man I was pissed! That would have been my KB 2.2 money right there.

Don't feel too bad. I bought my Terminator in 12/06 and their value was so high that I payed $27,500 for a 4 year old Mustang with a little over 13K miles on it. Then like a year later gas prices skyrocketed and their value went from being market up like crazy to dropping like a mofo where you could of gotten the same car for like maybe $20K or something like that at the time. lol

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Jroc she looked like a beauty even 4 years later, sad to see it go out in an accident :( In a way I felt your pain in car troubles, even though mine was a plain 01 Cobra, I loved her but at times it got to the point where I just wanted to get rid of her and look for something else. Had tranny problems, clutch, engine to the point where it finally gave up on me. I was then considering leaving the Mustang world since it broke me. My brother decided to donate his engine and tranny since it was sitting on the grarage for almost 8 years, it had only 6k original miles.

That's when things change for me once again and fell in love with it even more. Wanted a Terminator from the beginning but being only 17 years old. I wanted something slower, if you can say that and nothing huge on payments and that's where I found her.

Funny thing though, the first terminator I rode is still in a way the same terminator im driving.

Users who are viewing this thread