What yr did SVTP start

Jroc

Established Member
I remember first coming here in 2002 watching grainy videos of Nitrous Pete's red Terminator. Memories...

The Terminator guy I remember most from way back in the day watching Terminator video's when Terminators were new and building their rep was that guy "Blades" I think his name was. He had a black 03 if I remember correctly.

lol. That's some old school Terminator roll racing on Youtube shit.

I didn't actually join the site until several mouths after I bought my Terminator.

Last edited:

nate

Established Member
So who are the top o.g. members that still post. here? There is a way to find out your member number, but I can't remember how.

Jroc

Established Member
So who are the top o.g. members that still post. here? There is a way to find out your member number, but I can't remember how.

Put the mouse pointer over your username and look at the lower left of your screen.

You are the # 112 member to join SVTP. You sir are a true OG on here.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
There used to be a "Members" tab that would give you that information. You can probably still get to it hidden within another menu but I'm too lazy to look. If not for this website I probably would have never gotten a Lightning.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Still not supposed to have 2. You know admins can rename accounts, right?

so, you have two usernames?

It's an account from 2000 and 2004. Who knows what the rules exactly were 8 years ago. Give the guy a break. :rollseyes

Hell, he probably doesn't have the same e-mail address that he did back in 2000. I know I don't.

Last edited:

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Will someone who passed third grade english please revise the title? It's driving me crazy. How was the community different back then? In which ways? I'm sure it was more close knit. There are so many people on here now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember first coming here in 2002 watching grainy videos of Nitrous Pete's red Terminator. Memories...

Nitrous Pete and his infamous '03 Cobra! Yeh, he was an early Terminator legend. Haven't heard his name in awhile.

[youtube_browser]i2h1yl-IEfc&feature=relmfu[/youtube_browser]

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The site officially went live November 12th 2000. It was never merged with another site, nor did SVTPerformance ever officially acquire any other sites. We occasionally came up with new ideas, but none of them really ever took off the way we envisioned.

It started out as a place for some Chicago dudes to post and do their thing, quickly turned into a "Lightning site" as people from other L sites migrated over. Of course the biggest boom of members came around the 2003 Cobra's birth, and has steadily grown ever since.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Ha, I remember in the old days when a member got stabbed in the neck it was for real. Nowadays anybody who scratches his neck with a pair of nail clippers comes on whining about how he just got mortally wounded. Not a real stabbing, not like we had in the old days!

this thread will become memory lane

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The Terminator guy I remember most from way back in the day watching Terminator video's when Terminators were new and building their rep was that guy "Blades" I think his name was. He had a black 03 if I remember correctly.

lol. That's some old school Terminator roll racing on Youtube shit.

I didn't actually join the site until several mouths after I bought my Terminator.
Did this guy happen to race an STi and showed dyno graphs of before and after the chip and pulley?
If so, I also remember that video when it was recently released :beer: That was around the time we came up on this site. My brother had recently gotten his Terminator new a couple of months before that. I was lurking for years before I actually joined when I bought my Cobra. It was truly awesome going to the dealer and seeing them new there.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
I was lurking for years before I actually joined when I bought my Cobra. It was truly awesome going to the dealer and seeing them new there.

Kind of the same deal for me too. My brother had an account when he bought his mustang back in 2004 I believe. I started lurking from then and finally got around to making an account. Seemed like there was nothing but Car info and racing vids back then, now its almost any topic you can think of mixed in with car stuff

Users who are viewing this thread