Whats the cheapest way to go e85?

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
I'm running a setup similar to yours.... 82mm TVS, ID1000s on E85, and the VMP BAP. It's sufficient for now to run E85, and I'm safely seeing 23-24 degrees of timing with no fuel issues all the way up to 7500rpm. That said, the safer and better way would be to get a return style fuel system which I'm planning to do down the road... just check your data logs to make sure you're not losing fuel and you should be safe... I'd thinking you'd be pushing it on the 79mm but in my case I'm okay with the 82mm.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Do you have any install instructions on your site for this kit?

I do have instructions. PM me for them.

Holy shit $1500 is a budget fuel system? :shrug: I could have swore I had seen a low end fore system for $1200ish.

Maybe it was the on3 return setup lol.

Our kit might not be the cheapest on the planet. But we give you an entry level price with all top of the line components. We don't cut corners on our systems.

When is the last time you heard of a BAP frying someones fuel pump. I ran a Kenne Belle on my car for 2+ years with no issues on the 47lb injectors. BAP is not the correct way but its effective if you dont wanna do it the right way upgrade the fuel pump. I just recently removed it because i finally got me a set of ID 1000 and didnt need it anymore. The budget fuel system ill probably do one day but nothing wrong with running a BAP.

We've had a few (not common) here at the shop. But it has happened

I'm running a setup similar to yours.... 82mm TVS, ID1000s on E85, and the VMP BAP. It's sufficient for now to run E85, and I'm safely seeing 23-24 degrees of timing with no fuel issues all the way up to 7500rpm. That said, the safer and better way would be to get a return style fuel system which I'm planning to do down the road... just check your data logs to make sure you're not losing fuel and you should be safe... I'd thinking you'd be pushing it on the 79mm but in my case I'm okay with the 82mm.

Are you logging fuel pressure?

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
we have some budget fuel systems at really good prices for the forum guys!!

hit us up!

What kind of "Budget" fuel systen do you offer? I'd love to replace my stock pump and BAP. Running 150 shot on E85, I just feel im on borrowed time using E

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What kind of "Budget" fuel systen do you offer? I'd love to replace my stock pump and BAP. Running 150 shot on E85, I just feel im on borrowed time using E

our budget is an entry level fore stage 1 system, good for about 800-850 wheel on e85

just because it's not super expensive, it's is the best components you can get. All fore 100%. No reason to piece systems together when fore can do it all in one place with the best of the best. different line options, different sizes, controllers. lots we can do

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Can't go wrong with fore components, they make great stuff, just like terry said anyone can shoot myself or terry a PM and we can build a kit to fit the needs of anyone.

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
our budget is an entry level fore stage 1 system, good for about 800-850 wheel on e85

just because it's not super expensive, it's is the best components you can get. All fore 100%. No reason to piece systems together when fore can do it all in one place with the best of the best. different line options, different sizes, controllers. lots we can do

What's that go for? I'm just looking for something basic, Hat, Pump, Lines, Rail, fittings and any necessary electrical

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Damn you got some big brass ones. 24* with boost is nuts on a stock motor... then again maybe yours is built..IDK.

e85 is definitely magical fuel but i love to hear folks talk about how "safe" it is. 10psi and 24* of timing isnt exactly safe for a stock motor no matter what fuel its using.

In addition to that... e85 resists knock SO WELL ive actually seen pistons melt with 0 counts of knock logged and 0* of timing retarded. This was on a different platform (DSM) but ive seen it nonetheless.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Damn you got some big brass ones. 24* with boost is nuts on a stock motor... then again maybe yours is built..IDK.

e85 is definitely magical fuel but i love to hear folks talk about how "safe" it is. 10psi and 24* of timing isnt exactly safe for a stock motor no matter what fuel its using.

In addition to that... e85 resists knock SO WELL ive actually seen pistons melt with 0 counts of knock logged and 0* of timing retarded. This was on a different platform (DSM) but ive seen it nonetheless.

Thats what I was thinking! I'm running 24* on a built short block...

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
726rwhp on e85 with the ID1000s and boostapump. That was the old car 2yrs ago. Donno if it was close to tapping out or not. Basically a glory run.

Users who are viewing this thread