Whats your significant other drive?

Redwing

Established Member
My wife of nearly 30 years drives a 2000 Caravan. It's her 7th van. With kids, dogs, and a cottage, what else? she'all also drive my Chevy Pickup, and she actually kind of likes it.

Actually, she hates the van, and when the lease is up later this year (and since the 2 older boys have their own cars) wants a Kia Sorento, or a Toyota Solara Convertible. Or maybe a Sebring vert. Or even a 6-cylinder Mustang Vert. She's not sure.
She has driven the Cobra once. Doesn't like it.
Oddly, she loved my 99 GT Vert. She knows how to drive a stck(and a gearshift) quite well!
In fact, she used to get the looks in the GT as well. Middle aged, pleasingly plump, woman in a red Mustang vert with a heavy right foot!
Picture it.

mm49

Established Member
My Wife Drives a 2001 Windstar !! She Loves the Cobra though...

Of Course I was thinking of a 250HP NOS and 3.8 Eaton Blower to add a little low end to the Windstar !!!

JL

shetheri

Established Member
My wife drives a 2002 Lincoln LS and will get to drive the '92 LX 5.0 hatch that I am building. She told me that if I built another Mustang, it had to be white and an automatic so she could drive it. She can not drive a standard and refuses to learn. She just doesn't know that it will be a twin turbo 351 with a race prepped C-4.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
My wife drives a 2001 GMC Yukon. It'll :burnout: the tires!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My honey drives a 2000 Mazda Millenia S (supercharged version) -- must run in the family, LOL! It's the best car she's had to date.

blackvenom

Established Member
My wife drives a 99 Explorer, but she is down on a reserve list for the Lotus Elise that is coming out in '04. She already has some mods planned and she won't have the car for at least a year! The car is supposed to come out with 200HP........not much but at only 1600lbs it does 0-60 in 4.5. Looks like I'll have some competition from my own wife! She loves to drive the Cobra every chance she gets, but only when I'm in the car! :p

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
If you remember WAY back, I was bragging about the wifes 1995 Impala SS not fitting into the garage :lol: SO, the COBRA wins on that one. The wife has a daily driver of 2001 Malibu, or Maliblue as I call it. Its BLUE..

Here is a pic of her ride that is currently being kept in a garage on the farm in Ohio.
She keeps it in mint condition and only has 30K on the clock. According to the latest issue of Motor Trend, it is destined to become a collectable.:-D

PS She says I spend TOO much time on this site, however, she is interested in hearing what you all have to say about her ride. Could use some help here. :beer:

Last edited:

Blades

Established Member
those things are awesome.. any mods? do some heads/cams and get a turbo kit.. :D jk jk thats pricey. that'd be awesome tho. i haven't seen a turbo'd one yet.

Nice car Ken's wife...

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Thanks, no mods to date....and Motor Trend mentions low miles and stock is the way it should be kept.. So far so good..
Thanks again:-D :beer:
Ken

SynMan5.0

Established Member
My g/f drives an '02 Pitch Black SVT Focus. It's pretty slow, but it holds it's own against the ricers. I'm waiting for a turbo kit to come out for it. She refuses to drive the Cobra because the last time she drove my '00 Lightning, she hit 6 brand new parked cars at a dealership (don't ask!). She drives pretty well (she could smoke me out of the hole in the same car), but she still can't figure out the powershifting thing. She drives my '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited when it snows (I drive the Focus).

Blades

Established Member
If she was really spoiled she wouldn't be driving someone elses car. I'd rather drive a $800 beater than have to rely on someone else.. poor girl.

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
Originally posted by svt46sc
She refuses to drive the Cobra because the last time she drove my '00 Lightning, she hit 6 brand new parked cars at a dealership (don't ask!).

Now im curious....What happened?

MoPony

Established Member
wife drives the Z06 I drive the cobra.We both take the 4x4 when it snows

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
My wifes been noticing the attention I'm getting about my car, everybodies like awesome car!! do you notice when you take your car in for service the guys almost fight over who's going to pull it around :) I take my car to get the windows tinted today , i go back to pick it up and the guys like MAN THATS AN AWESOME CAR I punch the gas and MAN!!, Im thinking your're just tinting the windows why where you driving it:gt: They had looked at my engine and everything, its funny, so my wife hears this and all of a sudden she wants to drive the Cobra, I just looked at her like YEAH RIGHT!!! :lol:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
When I was 16, and had my 83 T-Top GT, my ex-girlfriend had a 72 comet with a bench seat and a 5.0. It wasnt as fast as my 5.0, but it sounded good, and it was a V8 ford. :)
My girlfriend (whom I met at college) has a 2001 Lightning. Its cool how the guy drives the car, and the chick drives the truck. Her's is faster than mine right now.. 13.9 VS 13.67 but when the procharger comes in in about a week, she better watch it!!:-D
She drives my cobra sometimes (and gets tons of attention), and I drive her L sometimes... love it.
One more benefit of having a girlfriend with an L is that the bed comes in handy. We keep an air-matress behind the seat for emergencies n stuff....;-)

-Homer

Users who are viewing this thread