where are your front plates hung?

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Officer: Where is your front plate?
Me: I just had my bumper repainted and the dealer had to order me a new bracket.
Officer: Okay, have a nice day.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Me: I just had my bumper repainted and the dealer had to order me a new bracket.

;-) Some roughian's bent up my plate and bracket and I have one on order, should be here in a couple days.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

;-) Some roughian's bent up my plate and bracket and I have one on order, should be here in a couple days.

These will work well until you get stopped by the same cop. Then you could be in a world of hurt

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
I have a question ... If I get Craig's bracket but keep the plate in the trunk (detached) until pulled over, do you guys think I'll still get a ticket (in VA) ? If stopped, I would say that the plate came off, then "magically" attach it and drive off. What do you think? Could be the best of both worlds.

I currently keep it under the seat (no bracket yet).

Oooo... I like that idea! "Honest Occifer (hic!) I've been meaning to put it back on. Here, I'll take care of it now and save us both the hassle of dealing with a ticket."

blackstangsvt

Established Member

I've told the cop the same thing when I got pulled over for no front plate. My registration was expired too and he still let me go with no ticket or warning. Lucky day i guess.

imswheel

Quality SVT Poster
Established Member
Make a Sticker

If you have a color printer simply make a copy of your plate and print it on bumper sticker material. You can get 8.5 x 11 sheets of it at Office Max.

If you do not have a printer you can go to Kinkos and they will do it for you for not alot of $$$

Stick it on the center of the bumper and you will now pass the the Law Enforcement glance test every time plus it looks very clean.

I was pulled over 3 times in less than a year for no front plate and after I put the "peel and stick plate" on I have not had any problems - even on the rare occasions when being stopped for other things.

It holds up for about 6 months before it starts to fade.

- Paul

Users who are viewing this thread