where do they get this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman85

Banned
87Mustang5_0 said:
"Do we also need a law that forces people to get a yearly physical? We could catch diseases and heart problems early on and save lives."

that sounds like a good idea.

Good idea, I'm going to suggest that law.

tistan

Established Member
I really don't have a problem with wearing my seatbelt, buy I have some freinds that do. I wear mine all the time, but I can understand their point of view. My whole arugment is that only the insurrance companies benefit and that my insurrance did not drop one bit because of click it or ticket.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
tistan said:
Do we also need a law that forces people to get a yearly physical? We could catch diseases and heart problems early on and save lives.

I believe that Arkansas DOT does require this in order for truck drivers to keep their CDLs.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
tistan said:
Do we also need a law that forces people to get a yearly physical? We could catch diseases and heart problems early on and save lives.

Most people don't understand that roadways and highways are property of the DOT, Municipality, County or State. They are considdered Quasi-Public but when it boils down to it, driving a motor vehicle is not a right, it's privledge. That being said, I can understand Americans being free I love this country and the freedoms we enjoy, but there are certain freedoms that do not apply to privately owned property and I guess traffic laws would fall under that jurisdiction. I am a firm beleiver in the Constitution and EVERY SINGLE right that it affords the American citizens but some things really are "for your own good."
Being a Police Officer I am usually the first responder for most crashes and I can tell you from first hand experience, I have been to allot of fatals that could have been avoided if the driver or passenger would have just taken the time to buckle up. The amount of fatal accidents that I have encountered in the last 6 years on the job have drastically reduced. While that could be due to many reasons (safer cars, safer highways, better first responce training etc...) I really think seat belt laws play a major role in that reduction. I'm not a big seat belt ticket writer, but I am glad to see that people tend to be allot more consious of it now adays.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
tistan said:

No, because the judicial system cannot profit from you being unhealthy. If they could, it would already be a law. Let's tell it like it is..........

tistan

Established Member
Originally Posted by tistan

Most people don't understand that roadways and highways are property of the DOT, Municipality, County or State. They are considdered Quasi-Public but when it boils down to it, driving a motor vehicle is not a right, it's privledge. That being said, I can understand Americans being free I love this country and the freedoms we enjoy, but there are certain freedoms that do not apply to privately owned property and I guess traffic laws would fall under that jurisdiction. I am a firm beleiver in the Constitution and EVERY SINGLE right that it affords the American citizens but some things really are "for your own good."
Being a Police Officer I am usually the first responder for most crashes and I can tell you from first hand experience, I have been to allot of fatals that could have been avoided if the driver or passenger would have just taken the time to buckle up. The amount of fatal accidents that I have encountered in the last 6 years on the job have drastically reduced. While that could be due to many reasons (safer cars, safer highways, better first responce training etc...) I really think seat belt laws play a major role in that reduction. I'm not a big seat belt ticket writer, but I am glad to see that people tend to be allot more consious of it now adays.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't my tax dollars pay for roads and highways. I might be on the highway, but I am in my car which is my private property. It is not for our own good it is for the insurrance companies and local governments own good.

The worst part about click it or ticket is that they have commercials playing at every commercial break. How much money do they spend on commercials? Then the commercial says help us stop careless drivers by buckling up. Like buckling up is going to make me a better driver.

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
Statistics

tistan said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't my tax dollars pay for roads and highways. I might be on the highway, but I am in my car which is my private property. It is not for our own good it is for the insurrance companies and local governments own good.

The worst part about click it or ticket is that they have commercials playing at every commercial break. How much money do they spend on commercials? Then the commercial says help us stop careless drivers by buckling up. Like buckling up is going to make me a better driver.

Statistics show your chances of injury/death much less than being without a belt...and if ....but think of what impact that has on your family, friends, etc who do care...and the costs...of all that gets passed on to the taxpayers..which I do care about....

Last edited:

HIREDGUN

Banned
:bs: Thats just like the states that dont have Helmet laws for motorcycles? If you fall there is a good chance your head will hit or strike something!! Some people are just too proud to think that they look bad wearing one, or that the seatbelt is a pain! Up until the point wear they are about to die then I bet they are saying Damn I wish I had it on!

tistan

Established Member
Statistics show your chances of injury/death much less than being without a belt...and if ....but think of what impact that has on your family, friends, etc who do care...and the costs...of all that gets passed on to the taxpayers..which I do care about....
I have very good insurrance coverages on my vehicles and myself. The taxpayer will not get one cent passed to them. If I am in a car I wear my seatbelt, but I just don't like the way my lightnings seatbelts feal. Most people would agree that wearing a seatbelt is good. The real problem is we don't like the government telling us what we have to do. Next it could be guns are dangerous so everyone turn them in.

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
tistan said:
I have very good insurrance coverages on my vehicles and myself. The taxpayer will not get one cent passed to them. If I am in a car I wear my seatbelt, but I just don't like the way my lightnings seatbelts feal. Most people would agree that wearing a seatbelt is good. The real problem is we don't like the government telling us what we have to do. Next it could be guns are dangerous so everyone turn them in.

Bad comparison.

flosho

Im in deep!
jshen said:

But it still doesn't make you a better driver.

Regardless, I pretty much always wear my seat belt. I think seatbelt should remain a secondary reason or w/e they call it. Cops shouldn't be able to pull you over for not wearing your seat belt..

Also.. I guess my ignorance has surfaced but, how can a cop drive 15 miles over the speed limit, but you can't do the same?(pacing him).

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
tistan said:

There it is, the old "I pay taxes therefor I own" attitude. You have to give up on that one right now. The truth is your taxes pay for allot of things, none of which you own. Try stoppng down at your local Police Dept and taking a cruiser for a ride. See if you don't end up with a few new bruises to show for it. It's the same consept, you pay taxes that pay for the cars, but you will never get away with taking one for ride because of it. The roadways are the same. And for the record, most highways are privately owned. Turnpikes, expressways and roads like that are owned by commisiions and your taxes don't ever have any influence on there construction or maintnance.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
tistan said:

You know what dude, if you being unconfortable in a seat belt because the government says you have to be, makes my insurance premiums lower than SO BE IT! I'm all about that. :thumbsup:

psikillz

turbo 94 cobra
Established Member
One thing I can't seem to figure out.... Why do you have to wear a seatbelt in your car, but you don't have to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle? :shrug:

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
In Arkansas, you are not required to wear a helmet.

Another question-- I have heard it both ways, that is is illegal to drive without shoes, and it is not illegal to drive without shoes. Whats the deal? Is it illegal to drive barefoot, becuse when I am wearing sandals, I take them off to drive. I can't seem to work the clutch right with them on. I know guys. its kind of a stupid arkansas thing I guess. lol

jshen

Established Member
Try a Cobra

tistan said:

If you think the Lightning has bad feeling belts...you ought to try the Cobra....Damn things are terrible...but I wear them...that and the "idiot light" and bell sounding every 20 seconds has me wanting to tear out the dash and remove it...Anyone know how?

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
jbaillio08-20-2002, 09:53 AM
in case any one cares here it is. Wait for reminder to come on, plug seat belt in and out 3times, turn lights on and off, do 3times again, wait for reminder to come on and plug in out once more. It blinks 4times to let you know its disabled. Man I'm glad I bought a warranty, these things are way to computerized. It was in the manual, btw. Later

http://www.corral.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-151088.html

I know that the F-150s give you instructions in the owners manual on how to disable the reminder chime.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Taken Directly from the owners manual

1. turn ignition switch to the Run position (do not start the engine)
2. wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1-2 minutes)

-Steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.

3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. this can be done before or during the BeltMinder warning activation.

4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.

5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.

-After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.

6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

-this will disable the BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable if it is currently disabled.

7. Confirmation of the enabling BeltMinder is provided by:
-the safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
-Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off.
-Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per second for three secocnds.

9. After receiving confirmation , the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

tistan

Established Member
If you think the Lightning has bad feeling belts...you ought to try the Cobra....Damn things are terrible...but I wear them...that and the "idiot light" and bell sounding every 20 seconds has me wanting to tear out the dash and remove it...Anyone know how?
I always wore my seatbelt in my 95 gt, but that was in my younger days when every time I drove I was looking for a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread