Which Alternator should I choose?

zonk22

Established Member
Cant find a new ford alternator. I can however find a re-manufactured ford unit at my local ford parts counter.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Cant find a new ford alternator. I can however find a re-manufactured ford unit at my local ford parts counter.

If you want OEM, you'll have to settle for a reman because that's all they're selling at the dealers now.
I was able to pick up one of the last new ones from a friend that works for Motorcraft (I keep it on the shelf as a spare)

I've been running a START N' CHARGE for a couple years now and couldn't be happier with it and Jamie's service is top-notch
He's supposed to be back in biz soon after his unfortunate shop fire...

Last edited:

M4_ELITE

Established Member
i went with a remand oem few months ago. nothing wrong with buying re-manufactured.

zonk22

Established Member
with out a phone # on his website, or even a site that has any info on cars newer than 2001, I am a little leery of start n charge.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Dont be He makes the best alt out there. He's on Modular Fords alot and I havent really seen one person complain about his alt. ALOT of people are running them to, he had a mishap here recently with his shop but he's the man to go to.

If you want OEM, you'll have to settle for a reman because that's all they're selling at the dealers now.
I was able to pick up one of the last new ones from a friend that works for Motorcraft (I keep it on the shelf as a spare)

I've been running a START N' CHARGE for a couple years now and couldn't be happier with it and Jamie's service is top-notch
He's supposed to be back in biz soon after his unfortunate shop fire...

Is there any specific reason that only remanufactured ones are available now?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
with out a phone # on his website, or even a site that has any info on cars newer than 2001, I am a little leery of start n charge.

No need to be "leery" of Jaime. He's a stand up guy and makes a great product. :rockon:

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
I just drove from Maryland to Montana on a reman alternator that I already had 3-4k on before we left... charged like a champ for 32 hours straight on the highway... no worries here! When it goes, I'll call up Tousley and snag another one...

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Jamie from Start N' Charge is definitely great to deal with, I can vouch for that. I would highly recommend his Alternators over anything else out there, with the start n' charge you know you're getting quality. I would personally avoid the remans available through Ford, who knows where and who they get those from. I can't see them being better than the stocker, and that wasn't even much good..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i went with a remand oem few months ago. nothing wrong with buying re-manufactured.

No, there is nothing wrong with it as long as it meets or exceeds the brand new factory alternator. Regardless, it isn't as good as the Start 'N Charge. That is by far, as JB said, the best alternator available for the Terminator. With the Ford alternators failing so frequently, it makes sense to buy one that exceeds the original.

Users who are viewing this thread