Which bolt on relocation brackets?

86merc

Established Member
LOL, what made you reply to that 6 month old post?

At the track this weekend a couple people were talking about what instant center brackets available. And things they heard about them. So I was searching for a thread and came across this one. Decided to mess with Drew. haha

But after reading this I was about to go into one of the newer threads. Where you adjusted a set of brackets on a car in your shop. See if you guys had any ideas on a possible third revision.

Then maybe go on S197 and ask if you have a axle brace available yet. :poke: lol Keep making and improving upon good parts! :beer:

Last edited:

BMR Tech

At the track this weekend a couple people were talking about what instant center brackets available. And things they heard about them. So I was searching for a thread and came across this one. Decided to mess with Drew. haha

But after reading this I was about to go into one of the newer threads. Where you adjusted a set of brackets on a car in your shop. See if you guys had any ideas on a possible third revision.

Then maybe go on S197 and ask if you have a axle brace available yet. :poke: lol Keep making and improving upon good parts! :beer:

He is actually not affiliated with BMR, in any way.

The current version of our brackets is actually our 4th revision. The first version, which was the first Relocation Bracket available for the S197, was strictly a weld-on piece. The second was a Bolt/Weld-On version. the third was an effort to make it more of a Bolt-On....and the 4th, current design, is strictly a Bolt-On version that has proven to be a great performer, both real-world performance and astounding sales volume. The 4th version shares no resemblance to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd, it is a complete re-design.

The only revising from here on out on our CAB005 Brackets, would be making the damper holes with a little more slop, to compensate for "everyone's" situation, but, this can be tricky. I, for one, am not a fan of having these fit with "too" much slop, so care must be taken when choosing how we go about making a one-size fits all. What is a company to do, when they sell say 3,000 parts and 25 don't work?

Fortunately, yet unfortunately, we have many other parts ahead of the axle-brace at this time. We do everything in house, and still consider ourselves a "small" company. Designing/Engineering, testing, making and releasing a product is time consuming, and it's a very hard cater to the large and small market all at once.

Thanks, we will continue to grow in the S197 Suspension Market and provide the parts and service that we are known for. :beer:

86merc

Established Member
He is actually not affiliated with BMR, in any way.

The current version of our brackets is actually our 4th revision. The first version, which was the first Relocation Bracket available for the S197, was strictly a weld-on piece. The second was a Bolt/Weld-On version. the third was an effort to make it more of a Bolt-On....and the 4th, current design, is strictly a Bolt-On version that has proven to be a great performer, both real-world performance and astounding sales volume. The 4th version shares no resemblance to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd, it is a complete re-design.

The only revising from here on out on our CAB005 Brackets, would be making the damper holes with a little more slop, to compensate for "everyone's" situation, but, this can be tricky. I, for one, am not a fan of having these fit with "too" much slop, so care must be taken when choosing how we go about making a one-size fits all. What is a company to do, when they sell say 3,000 parts and 25 don't work?

Fortunately, yet unfortunately, we have many other parts ahead of the axle-brace at this time. We do everything in house, and still consider ourselves a "small" company. Designing/Engineering, testing, making and releasing a product is time consuming, and it's a very hard cater to the large and small market all at once.

Thanks, we will continue to grow in the S197 Suspension Market and provide the parts and service that we are known for. :beer:

Kelly,

Thanks for the info. I hear what you are saying about shipping a part with the ability to have too much adjustment. Because it potentially could lead to more installation issues and errors.

I get a kick out of the thread on S197 about the axle brace. They are pushing hard for one. lmao

Last edited:

Bmr4life

Established Member
Kelly,

Thanks for the info. I hear what you are saying about shipping a part with the ability to have too much adjustment. Because it potentially could lead to more installation issues and errors.

I get a kick out of the thread on S197 about the axle brace. They are pushing hard for one. lmao

You mean the thread about the chassis brace that has two posts in it mentioning an axle brace?

86merc

Established Member
You mean the thread about the chassis brace that has two posts in it mentioning an axle brace?

No. It was a thread with a poll asking if people wanted BMR to make an axle brace. It was a spin off of the "Weld your axle tube if you drag race thread"

lol....

You people know how to make a company feel guilty, huh...

Hey, I was one of the many that voted you should make an axle brace. We were showing love! haha

01bluesnake

Established Member
lol....

You people know how to make a company feel guilty, huh...

You guys make great products, still only running everything BMR on my car and plan to keep it that way. I didn't hear of an axle brace, but would definitely be interested in one.

Also, you may not remember me but I had gotten a early version k member for my '12 and told you a few of the issues I found with it, obviously revised now. At the time we were also looking into the EPAS steering shake concerns. You have been great for product help and tech, and thank you.

Drew

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread