Which bolt on relocation brackets?

86merc

Established Member
and yah the BMRs hang pretty low...

I just found out how low. I switched from the FRPP units to BMR a week ago. I was in a rush and went to a local touchless car wash. The control arm & BMR bracket got stuck on the guide for the tires. haha D'oh!

Couldn't get the top panhard bar bolt to line up while the bottom 2 bolts were (wheel weight bolt and stock lca location bolt).

Install all the hardware loose at first. Once all the hardware is in them tighten them all down. See if that helps.

Bmr4life

Established Member
I just found out how low. I switched from the FRPP units to BMR a week ago. I was in a rush and went to a local touchless car wash. The control arm & BMR bracket got stuck on the guide for the tires. haha D'oh!

Install all the hardware loose at first. Once all the hardware is in them tighten them all down. See if that helps.

Yeah, tried all that. My car is special. I already returned the brackets to BMR who was very helpful during it all. I used a Mill to slot the top hole downward. In the picture you can see how off the stock hole was.

After doing this I thought I was good, but then my axle was cocked towards the driver side and wouldn't go straight without steering correction. My LCA's are BMR non-adjustable.

CIMG2071.jpg

CIMG2070.jpg

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
Funny you mention the car not tracking strait. My car pulls to the left since I put the BMR brackets on. I plan to check it out and take some measurements this weekend.

Titan 5.0

Established Member

OUCH!!! that sucks, thanks for the tip!

Bmr4life

Established Member
Funny you mention the car not tracking strait. My car pulls to the left since I put the BMR brackets on. I plan to check it out and take some measurements this weekend.

Yup, compare the distance from the front of each rear tire to their prospective fender. My driver side was 1/2" close than my passenger side. Went back to stock and they were even again.

86merc

Established Member
Yup, compare the distance from the front of each rear tire to their prospective fender. My driver side was 1/2" close than my passenger side. Went back to stock and they were even again.

Ya, Being the only thing I changed was the brackets I am pretty sure the brackets are at fault. lol I did run out at lunch and measured them. Drivers side is a half inch closer to the front of the wheel well. :nonono:

86merc

Established Member
What would cause all these issues?
My guess would be the bracket that is welded on the back of the brackets is at the wrong angle. Pushing one of the brackets forward or back some. Or the bottom holes were drilled in the wrong location.

When I check them out this weekend I will report back with what I find. But I am guessing they will be coming off the car. The Ford ones were nice but the sway bar hit them with the sway bar relocation kit. I hate when this stuff happens. haha

Last edited:

Bmr4life

Established Member
Might need some custom welded ones. Although, I wonder if you pulled off the LCAs and put them side by side, if they were the same

I checked the LCA's versus stock when I was trouble shooting. They were dead on. BMR even sent me a 2nd set of brackets and I had the same problem. It blows because I don't know whose brackets will work other than what you mentioned.

I was under that car working with the brackets so much that I can change them without taking the wheels off.

My guess would be the bracket that is welded on the back of the brackets is at the wrong angle. Pushing one of the brackets forward or back some. Or the bottom holes were drilled in the wrong location.

When I check them out this weekend I will report back with what I find. But I am guessing they will be coming off the car. The Ford ones were nice but the sway bar hit them with the sway bar relocation kit. I hate when this stuff happens. haha

Thanks for this info. Since you had the same problem with the BMR as I, but had good luck with the Ford version (besides hitting the relo brackets), I'll look into trying the Ford brackets.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have the che's. haven't installed em yet but they look beefy as hell.

+1 CHE here and very pleased.

CHE makes some really nice brackets. Very very strong I run them on my gt500 with zero failure. The only issue I've had with them is of you run 15in rim an run the sway bar relo kit. The sway bar will slightly rub on the CHE bracket because they don't have the clearence on the corner. So you may want to notch the CHE bracket if you install the sway bar relo kit.

Bmr4life

Established Member
I know this is frowned upon, but which brackets allow you to still go to the carwash? I haven't taken my 11 to a carwash yet, but as it gets older I know I probably will.

Also, is the Ford bracket M-5650-A? It comes stock on the Boss 302S Race Car.

Yup, just read up on another forum. I'm going to try the Ford Brackets.

Boss Forum

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
The only issue I've had with them is of you run 15in rim an run the sway bar relo kit. The sway bar will slightly rub on the CHE bracket because they don't have the clearence on the corner. So you may want to notch the CHE bracket if you install the sway bar relo kit.

Another option would be to run a sway bar off a 05-09 GT as they are a smaller diameter sway bar than the 11-13's.

86merc

Established Member
I know this is frowned upon, but which brackets allow you to still go to the carwash? I haven't taken my 11 to a carwash yet, but as it gets older I know I probably will.

Also, is the Ford bracket M-5650-A? It comes stock on the Boss 302S Race Car.

Yup, just read up on another forum. I'm going to try the Ford Brackets.

Boss Forum

I had those exact brackets on my car. The issue was the sway bar hit them with the sway relocation brackets. You could not even get them on the car. I cut them up to make it work. Because of that I decided to put the BMR ones on the car because they fit with the sway bar relocation kit. I might put the ford ones back on the car and weld them to the axle.

I will try to take pictures of the two side by side so you can see the difference.

With the Ford pieces on the car I was able to go in the same car wash I had problems with this morning. But remember there are different things that will effect your ground clearance. Like tire height and car wash track height. If you go to the car wash just tell them to pull in slowly and watch for clearance.

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
btw, I ordered the Steeda competition sway bar as it gives you a lot more clearance for the anti-squat brackets.

555-1073.jpg

casper gt

Established Member
I noticed that most of the manufacturers for the brackets state that they need to be welded in if used with DRs or slicks. Is anyone running sticky tires without welding with no issues?

almost 250 passes on my bmr brackets this summer, not welded, on m/t dr's, no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread