Which bolt on relocation brackets?

Bmr4life

Established Member
I have Roush rear springs on an other stock suspension car. Just put my bubble level on the BMR lca and it maxed out on the axle side so I definitely need some relo-brackets. I ordered the Ford version from American Muscle. I'll let you know how it goes next week.

Bmr4life

Established Member
Update. Got my FRPP Relocation brackets on. Took exactly an hour using wooden ramps. Would have taken no more than 15 minutes if I hadn't hurriedly forgotton the number one rule; DO NOT REMOVE BOTH LCA'S AT THE SAME TIME. The car will move and you will be doing a drive-reverse-drive dance 30 times to get it lined up again. If I had a lift, I think I could do it in 5 minutes.

Alright, Review time.

Pros - They fit my special car. Car tracks perfectly straight. I have Roush rear springs and set the LCA's to the lowest hole and get an angle of about -8 degrees. Let me know if that's to much. It's 60 degrees out when I did my test run. Stomping it from a dead stop still equals massive spinning on my 285/30/20s so no good data there.

Cons - They are NOT built nearly as nice as the BMR brackets. I even had to grind both spacers down for them to fit in the stock location and the brackets are slightly to wide where the LCA's go. When I tightened the bolts down the brackets bent in towards the LCA's. I'm thinking I probably should have stuck some washers in there instead, but to late now. I've got no new noises and the car rides good so we shall see.

UPDATE - Did some LCA angle searches and it appears most people say it should be level or slightly negative towards the rear axle. I did some geometry which stated that the rear of my LCA was 2.5" lower than the front which is way too much so I lifted it up to the top of the two holes. Now I'm at -4 degrees which is makes the rear 1.25" lower. That's the best I can do with this setup. I forgot to measure the angle before I installed the brackets (just bought the angle finder today), but I did use a bubble level and the rear was higher than the front which is the worst thing to have.

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
Excellent review. Post up a pic when you can so we can see the angle the control arms are at.

Bmr4life

Established Member
Excellent review. Post up a pic when you can so we can see the angle the control arms are at.

Here's the first picture when it was -8 degrees. Then how it is now at -4.

IMG_7613.jpg

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7619.jpg

scotmach

Established Member
That looks pretty good. If you were to put them in the lower hole it could be counter productive on street tires. Every car is different so what works for one may not work for another. Still it looks at least to me you made the right choice. Mine look to be at the same angle as yours.

Bmr4life

Established Member
With how quick/easy it is to switch I may try both out at the track on my DRs to see if there's any difference. Luckily I'm skinny enough to change them with my impact without having to raise up the car.

jayman33

The Whiteline are beastly, I have them on my car and have picked up some for a lot of by buddies cars who are pushing 600+ and that including myself, these will not buckle on you. Let me know if you need a set!

Bmr4life

Established Member
The Whiteline are beastly, I have them on my car and have picked up some for a lot of by buddies cars who are pushing 600+ and that including myself, these will not buckle on you. Let me know if you need a set!

They only have one mounting point though.

mikestoyz

Established Member
I installed my bmr ones tonight. Install went well, but I put it on the bottom hole, how should I set it up? Measure the front lca bolt to the rear? Any particular angle to aim for?

Bmr4life

Established Member
I installed my bmr ones tonight. Install went well, but I put it on the bottom hole, how should I set it up? Measure the front lca bolt to the rear? Any particular angle to aim for?

From what I've read, 99% of the internet says level OR slight lower to the rear. Use a cheap bubble level, angle finder, or you can measure the LCA with a tape measure to the ground. Bottom hole is most likely not the one you want unless you have an extreme drop (the bottom whole on the BMR setup is very low).

If you have a Harbor Freight (or similar) nearby you can get the angle finder I got for $5.

Last edited:

mikestoyz

Established Member
From what I've read, 99% of the internet says level OR slight lower to the rear. Use a cheap bubble level, angle finder, or you can measure the LCA with a tape measure to the ground. Bottom hole is most likely not the one you want.

If you have a Harbor Freight nearby you can get the angle finder I got for $5.

I didn't know if the lower, the better.....meaning it would plant the rear harder

Bmr4life

Established Member
I didn't know if the lower, the better.....meaning it would plant the rear harder

I agreed with that logic until I read around on google earlier today, lol. It appears that it can be over done without all other suspension items being modified and working together. Something about calculating the cars instant center with more math than I'm willing to touch.

Last edited:

mikestoyz

Established Member
I agreed with that logic until I read around on google earlier today, lol. It appears that it can be over done without all other suspension items being modified and working together. Something about calculating the cars instant center with more math than I'm willing to touch.

Got ya, the bottom hole is too low then. Maybe I'll move it up before heading to work tomorrow

nissenc1337

Established Member
I had UMI LCA and LCA relocation brackets on my LT1 camaro along with a few other UMI products as well. Loved their stuff!

Personally, i'll probably buy their LCA, LCA Relocation brackets, UCA, and UCA bracket. Nothing better than a firmly planted rear end! Kind of wish they came in Grabber blue but i guess black will suffice.

Users who are viewing this thread