Which catback?

Husker

Established Member
Sold my SW CB-H, ordered ARH CBH...Reason, Drone, SW has great tone/note but can't live with the unbearable drone...ARH claims no drone, I'll soon find out.

Very Happy with the Adult Sounding Rumble/Tone/Exhaust Note of the ARH-H-Cat-Back...A little drone but not enough to not allow normal conversation...4.5 out of 5.

jdcobra

Established Member
Very Happy with the Adult Sounding Rumble/Tone/Exhaust Note of the ARH-H-Cat-Back...A little drone but not enough to not allow normal conversation...4.5 out of 5.

Any chance of a video clip? :beer:

Husker

Established Member
Any chance of a video clip? :beer:

All I have is idling in my garage...Lame but here it is anyway...Keep in mind, it's not a Look at me from a mile away loud exhaust, I call it adult-->:coolman:

[video=youtube;hGaulyxaNSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGaulyxaNSQ[/video]

jdcobra

Established Member
All I have is idling in my garage...Lame but here it is anyway...Keep in mind, it's not a Look at me from a mile away loud exhaust, I call it adult-->:coolman:

[video=youtube;hGaulyxaNSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGaulyxaNSQ[/video]

Man, that sounds good! :beer: yea either these cars exhausts are too overbearing or too raspy sounding. Definitely not like the previous 5.0 how's the drone?

Husker

Established Member
Man, that sounds good! :beer: yea either these cars exhausts are too overbearing or too raspy sounding. Definitely not like the previous 5.0 how's the drone?

Slight Drone. To be expected with any & all custom exhaust systems IMO...Drone, Increased Volume or whatever people wanna call it, is gonna be introduced when ya start freeing up the exhaust flow.

With the SW cat back I had on the car, it (Drone) became unbearable, no way to carry on conversation W/O drastically raising voices. It has a great exhaust note but too much sound in the cabin for me.

The ARH has a very slight Drone/Volume, not enough to interfere with conversation but there is more volume of sound in the cabin than Stock...That's why we make these (Cat-Backs) modifications, For the sound not performance.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Here's my FRPP Sport.

[video=youtube;WVcn_8IPQt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVcn_8IPQt0[/video]

jdcobra

Established Member
Here's my FRPP Sport.

[video=youtube;WVcn_8IPQt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVcn_8IPQt0[/video]

Sounds good man! :beer: how much you pick up that system for? Is that the 2.5" system?

Last edited:

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I bought before Borla's were released. To my ear the FRPP Sport is slightly more aggressive than the S-Types but not as loud as the Atak. The only exhaust that I ever consider is Borla, you can't go wrong with any of them for overall quality and drone.

jdcobra

Established Member
I bought before Borla's were released. To my ear the FRPP Sport is slightly more aggressive than the S-Types but not as loud as the Atak. The only exhaust that I ever consider is Borla, you can't go wrong with any of them for overall quality and drone.

What I don't really understand is that Borla said to get the 3" kit if you have any forced induction, tune, etc. But IIRC, the 03-04 had only the 2.5" catback. So is the restriction really that much?

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
What I don't really understand is that Borla said to get the 3" kit if you have any forced induction, tune, etc. But IIRC, the 03-04 had only the 2.5" catback. So is the restriction really that much?

From what I've read 2.5" is fine until you're wanting to push well over 700-800HP. If you're indeed going FI then I'd probably go 3", but NA 2.5" makes no difference at all.

jdcobra

Established Member
From what I've read 2.5" is fine until you're wanting to push well over 700-800HP. If you're indeed going FI then I'd probably go 3", but NA 2.5" makes no difference at all.

But my question was if 2.5" was fine on the 03-04 Cobras, why isn't it good for a boosted coyote? IMO, the only thing that would change really would be dyno numbers. But then again I'm not sure and that why I'm inquiring lol

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
The simple answer is, 2.5" is fine on a boosted coyote. But just like 1 7/8" headers vs 1 3/4" headers, if you give a man a bigger number to buy they'll probably buy it.

jdcobra

Established Member
The simple answer is, 2.5" is fine on a boosted coyote. But just like 1 7/8" headers vs 1 3/4" headers, if you give a man a bigger number to buy they'll probably buy it.

Yea I think it'll be fine. Only one way to find out right? In my thought process, Ford would have made a 3" instead of a 2.5" if they thought there would be an issue.

jdcobra

Established Member
Just picked up the 3" magnaflow comp catback from Maryland speed for $875 :beer:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I think of everything I've heard here the first one in the original post is my favorite. MRT I think? Who in the world is MRT btw lol? I've never heard of that and all of a sudden is one of the best sounding exhausts. Also WOW on cost. Long gone are the days of a $280 GT500 axel back and self install it appears.

Users who are viewing this thread