Which catback?

olaosunt

Established Member
Love my Gibson
$540 shipped from autoaything after discount.
Cant beat that.
Droned initially at 1500 rom in 5th with my 3.31 rear but almost gone after few hundred miles.
Very nice deep and smooth tone .

I tried the Mac H pipe that replaces the suitcase.No change in volume over stock and still too quiet but has a nicer tone at high rpm.
Much prefer the Gibson and can't wait to hear what it sounds like with TT(I expect it will quieten a bit)

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Thanks ^^^^ I really would just be looking for a nice exhaust system...my 03 Cobra is loud enough!

SW is a nice exhaust system....my friend has one on his 04 Cobra!

jdcobra

Established Member
Ahhh. Only think I hate about buying the the first new model car. No parts :( lol but got a deal on her so I couldn't pass it up. Patience is key I guess

kcsburk

Established Member
I think I'm still gonna go with SW. I love corsa sound but not on this car. It sounded good on my 09 z06 and 13 superbee. But I think the SW catback with factory H connection is the way to go

I was thinking the same thing. Corsa has always been my favorite, but not digging the 2015 sound as much. Its good but not the best. I think as of right now my fav is the Ford Racing(Borla) system.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Im taking my time on this one. the Kooks setup sounds really good though! I thought i read somewhere that they revised the firing order which is changing the sound of the exhausts as well.

jdcobra

Established Member
I was thinking the same thing. Corsa has always been my favorite, but not digging the 2015 sound as much. Its good but not the best. I think as of right now my fav is the Ford Racing(Borla) system.

Yea the Ford Racing Sport sounds best besides the SW. BORLA comes out with theirs supposedly in January and I haven't heard just the catback for kooks yet

Lagometer

Established Member
I got the FRPP Borla Touring exhaust installed yesterday. My harem of hottie baristas, who all drive modded ricers, all give their approval. As long as I keep it N/A I feel OK about 2.5 inch, although I will take a good long look at the flex joint delete when it's available. My big concern is tires at the moment. Up here near Seattle, summer tires just can't stay in the lane from a start with the manual gearbox and I'm not getting on it at all.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
I got the FRPP Borla Touring exhaust installed yesterday. My harem of hottie baristas, who all drive modded ricers, all give their approval. As long as I keep it N/A I feel OK about 2.5 inch, although I will take a good long look at the flex joint delete when it's available. My big concern is tires at the moment. Up here near Seattle, summer tires just can't stay in the lane from a start with the manual gearbox and I'm not getting on it at all.

Nice! I'm starting to like the magnaflow catback more and more every time I hear it

http://youtu.be/u0chKmN1A-g

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
I started out a flow master guy like most stangers but we all started using xpipes for the HP benefit the raspiness became annoying. Magnaflows were what I found to be the best solution. Straight through design with no chambers so they are quiet in comparison when you want them to be but nice and loud under wot.

Zemedici

Established Member
Coworker put the SW setup on his. Sounds great. No drone, loud but actually has tone to it.

And from previous experience borla and Ford Racing by borla have the same sound, the ford racing is just quieter.

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
After I hear the Borla type S cat back I'll make my decision then. Right now it's the SW with X pipe. Looks like it has some weight saving with the retro chambered mufflers.

14ksstang

Established Member
Had the borla s type on my 14 and best sound ever. I'll sit back and wait for theirs and hope the price isn't retarded on them. Worse thing about a new car.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we are doing another h pipe SW install at the shop as I type. we did another last week, and I still have to say, I have heard nothing better. the mag and ford racing we did both sounded good to, but the SW is still my favorite.

jdcobra

Established Member
Such a hard decision to make. Especially because I want it right the first time and don't want to spend a couple thousand dollars.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
How would you describe the difference between the H and X on the SW systems beef?

EDIT: Ah, nm beefcake, I see you just answered the same question over on that "other forum" ;D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread