Which is faster mach 1 or 01 cobra?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
If all were the same (track, driver, weather..yadda yadda) the mach would be a few tenths faster. Having said that....you rarely have the 'same' conditions to be able to have a for sure comparison. looking at the car, the mach is faster.......here's why..

TQ curve and peak numbers.
Solid rear
3.55s

THe HP dyno numbers are very close (peak). The HP curve is also very close. The weight difference is so minimal you can't really look at it. A few tenths is close enough for it to be a driver's race though.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i am still waiting to here how the 01 mustang svt is only 9 lbs heavier than the 02 mustang gt? even though the svt has the dohc engine and the irs.

LOL...i am still trying to figure that out myself...i just posted up fords numbers on the cars

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i am still waiting to here how the 01 mustang svt is only 9 lbs heavier than the 02 mustang gt? even though the svt has the dohc engine and the irs.

My only guess is the 70pound difference between the Alum block and the Cast iron block. :shrug: :beer:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
ON D BIT said:

My only guess is the 70pound difference between the Alum block and the Cast iron block :shrug: :beer:

Spartacus

Banned
Mach fo sho!!!!! :rockon:

BTW, I think the orange ones are faster. Something about that color. :D

Cobras are sweet though. If youre not a dragster kinda guy the IRS is way fun for driving the hills & s***!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Spartacus said:
BTW, I think the orange ones are faster. Something about that color. :D

you sir are delusional!! everyone knows that yellow is the fastest.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
Yeah the whole thing was pointless...It didn't finalize anything. You cant have a race of modified cars and use it to decide anything.

Users who are viewing this thread