Which power adder?

JD09GT500

Established Member
Me and the wife just picked up our 14 GT Vert today. We absolutely LOVE IT! I'm very impressed with Coyote. I recently had my second knee surgery on my left, I have also had the right knee fixed once. As much as I hated to I had to sell my 04 KB Cobra and 09 GT500. I tried to drive them after the knee healed and discovered I could not. I can only bend my knee to almost 90 degrees. Anyway I'm trying to decide which power adder to go with. I have always liked the instant torque of roots/twin screw but I'm not opposed to trying a centrifugal or even a turbo. I will eventually be getting a stronger short block but that is a ways down the road. I'm not looking to build huge power. Somewhere between 600-700 hp. But I do want it very streetable and dependable. Any suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
What are your goals? Drag racing? Road racing? Do you want to keep stock converter or go aftermarket?

Me and the wife just picked up our 14 GT Vert today. We absolutely LOVE IT! I'm very impressed with Coyote. I recently had my second knee surgery on my left, I have also had the right knee fixed once. As much as I hated to I had to sell my 04 KB Cobra and 09 GT500. I tried to drive them after the knee healed and discovered I could not. I can only bend my knee to almost 90 degrees. Anyway I'm trying to decide which power adder to go with. I have always liked the instant torque of roots/twin screw but I'm not opposed to trying a centrifugal or even a turbo. I will eventually be getting a stronger short block but that is a ways down the road. I'm not looking to build huge power. Somewhere between 600-700 hp. But I do want it very streetable and dependable. Any suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mustangfresk196

Established Member
If I had the money I would get a roush supercharger. Even the stage 1 kit would be a blast and It shouldn't stress things to the max so you don't need to worry about breaking stuff right away. Then when you get a build engine just turn up the boost!

Ablaze

Established Member
Not to parrot most everyone else here but TVS is the way to go without a doubt.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Why AED? I thought the VMP TVS came with their own tune?

It does. However when I called and talked to them they said it was a canned tune that should be 100% correct and they don't do data logging. That's enough to make me go somewhere else for the tune.

mhyjek

Established Member
What are your goals? Drag racing? Road racing? Do you want to keep stock converter or go aftermarket?

This x100
I have a paxton and love it but it was what I wanted drives very easy so almost anybody can drive it and I have no worries very linear now I have tq booster and a little more hesitant to letting someone else driving it due to traction limitations I could only imagine a TVS with a good tune it would be even worse. But if you want instant tq and have traction to use it those setups are stout. Mine from a roll is amazing too.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
It does. However when I called and talked to them they said it was a canned tune that should be 100% correct and they don't do data logging. That's enough to make me go somewhere else for the tune.
Who did you speak with? Please give me a call and let's discuss as that is not correct.
321 206-9369 x 112

The tune will likely be dead nuts on. But, when you buy DIRECT from us you are buying support as well.

BJ

Mustangfresk196

Established Member
This x100
I have a paxton and love it but it was what I wanted drives very easy so almost anybody can drive it and I have no worries very linear now
How many RPMs are you turning before the boost kicks in on a centrifugal supercharger? For a street car I always thought a TVS would be better. Get more boost down low, dont need to constantly get into the revs to get good power. I don't have experience with either so I could be wrong.

Last edited:

nzimmer6649

Established Member

When I installed my VMP TVS, VMP most certainly looked at my datalogs, and Justin sent me revisions three times to get my tune dialed in....

bmyles

Established Member
Who did you speak with? Please give me a call and let's discuss as that is not correct.
321 206-9369 x 112

The tune will likely be dead nuts on. But, when you buy DIRECT from us you are buying support as well.

BJ

Yup bj was a great help when I did my install, and I did do a few data logs to get it dialed in.

CPRsm

Turbo.
Turbo for all forms of racing. Also cures stomach aches, shingles, and mends a broken heart. Even makes Julian fries! Lol
More torque makes it more fun. Not the INSTANT hit of a PD blower. But turbo power comes in right after it and keeps pulling. Each click up in gear gets worse and worse where other forms taper because they lack the torque to turn the higher gear. I've never met a person who has been in a proper turbo setup and prefer anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread