Whining noise at around 70km/h (44MPH) in 5 and 6 gear.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
6th gear is useless- unless you're cruising at 100. It will whine- too low in the RPM

Even my 08 whined in 6th at a lower speed

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Thats what I thought, I looked down and even at 80 its only just above 1500 rpm....so I figured its possible this normal. Since the car shows no issues whatsoever, I wont worry about it...thanks guys

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I get rear end whine at about 65 in 6th on the hwy....reminds me of the CTS-V I had with the ford 9" rear.

F

Yup. It'll do that. Shouldn't be in 6th gear at such a low MPH. The car is arguing with you :)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
So I phoned my dad because I needed someone to talk to and he told me "Stop driving the car like a race car, you shift it at 3000 RPM and this isn't a BMW that can handle abuse" and blah blah Porsche, Audi, American cars suck....

No offense, but your dad's a moron with regards to this car. People beat the crap out of these engines constantly and they take it without a hiccup.

... It's the blower, you're in too high of a gear and low RPM. ...

This. ^^

I will assume if the car is bogging then it would also be close to stalling, which is not the case when I've been driving it.

I'm driving the car the way I was taught to drive a manual. So if I was taught wrong then okay.

I was going 70 mph in forth when I went to pass and the clutch started slipping not 50 mph and hammering the throttle just to confirm that.

Let me guess, your dad taught you how to drive a manual? You're doing it wrong. And I'll put money on it that your clutch isn't slipping but rather you're actually riding your clutch. From your posts, you're extremely inexperienced at driving a manual transmission.

Aren't you the 18 y/o kid whose first car is this GT500?? I remember a few months back that some 18 y/o's dad bought him a '12/'13 GT500 as his first car. Is it you?

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
No offense, but your dad's a moron with regards to this car. People beat the crap out of these engines constantly and they take it without a hiccup.

This. ^^

Let me guess, your dad taught you how to drive a manual? You're doing it wrong. And I'll put money on it that your clutch isn't slipping but rather you're actually riding your clutch. From your posts, you're extremely inexperienced at driving a manual transmission.

Aren't you the 18 y/o kid whose first car is this GT500?? I remember a few months back that some 18 y/o's dad bought him a '12/'13 GT500 as his first car. Is it you?

No I bought it myself I'm not 18, and I agree he Has no idea what he's talking about. He thinks American cars just automatically fall apart.

Clutch always to the floor when shifting foot always on the dead pedal when not. Always smoothly let off the clutch not to fast bit not slow at the same time. Way I was taught by my uncle who has had dozens of manual cars. I won't lie any say I'm a masterful stick driver though.

Last edited:

Zeroescence

Established Member
Either way, this is not the first thread with a clutch issue in it. Several people on here have taken the car back to the dealer cause of the clutch either failing or slipping. I just hope more don't start having this problem.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Either way, this is not the first thread with a clutch issue in it. Several people on here have taken the car back to the dealer cause of the clutch either failing or slipping. I just hope more don't start having this problem.

Took it in, clutch is on backorder I get my car back in October.

GreggsSVT

Established Member

This really sucks! I thought they really tested these cars before they were released. From all the videos from Ford it looked that way.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Wow! If your being serious that sucks balls. Do you get a rental till then?

No they didn't really call me either, I had to go in to find out. That is also the guesstimated time since it's back ordered. It could be shorter, it could be a longer I wouldn't be surprised if it was longer though. I got my car a whole month late so I don't know.

What do you think the chances of Ford putting a better clutch in would be? If I can get it for less than the parts would cost? My uncle has connections but I told him its slim to none.

Last edited:

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
This really sucks! I thought they really tested these cars before they were released. From all the videos from Ford it looked that way.

Well look at the ZL1 one. I'd rather have a clutch go out prematurely then have a big ****ing heat soaked brick that likely makes less power than the CTS-V. I'll keep my naturally aspirated brick lol.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Wow! If your being serious that sucks balls. Do you get a rental till then?

From the 2013 Warranty Guide.

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty for your 2013-model vehicle
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that
you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your
transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel,
telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial
property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or
consequential damages you may have.

Zeroescence

Established Member
From the 2013 Warranty Guide.

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty for your 2013-model vehicle
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that
you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your
transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel,
telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial
property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or
consequential damages you may have.

Wow! Okay, looks like I might just start modding my car as the workmanship and parts made by the company are no longer stood by. I say this cause if I buy a 70K vehicle from them and it fails due to a part that is faulty and in this case BACKORDERED I'm out a vehicle? Bullshit! Screw Ford!

PS: Sorry OP for your issues. I hope it doesn't take as long to fix as you are being told.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Wow! Okay, looks like I might just start modding my car as the workmanship and parts made by the company are no longer stood by. I say this cause if I buy a 70K vehicle from them and it fails due to a part that is faulty and in this case BACKORDERED I'm out a vehicle? Bullshit! Screw Ford!

PS: Sorry OP for your issues. I hope it doesn't take as long to fix as you are being told.

Believe it or not Ford is actually treating me quite well. My Camaros sunroof rattles like crazy and the service people essentially told me, well it is an american car….

I nearly flipped shit when they said that….

flyby763

Established Member
Just because it says they aren't responsible doesn't mean they wont do it. I was given a rental and a used car off the lot to drive on different occasions for warranty work on my 11 GT.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I agree, it's what they call a "Richard Clause" it's up to your dealer to decide to pull it or not.:rolling:

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Honestly I wouldn't care either way if they gave me a rental vehicle. I wouldn't be able to drive it at any time because of my line of work anyways. Too many construction supplies in my Jeep.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread