Whipple 2.9, E85, 9:7:1 CR Built Motor

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
22 degrees is where Ken left it . Fuel wise his 3 GT pumps are at 90% duty cycle and the 80lbhr injectors are done Ken raised the fuel pressure a touch to keep them in a happy zone

Oh ok, i thought he raised it to 24*, the BAP was left at 0 so if we need more fuel im sure that will help a little bit. I might look into bigger injectors and bump the timing up a little more and see how she likes it

mach1033

Established Member
Are you gonna use e85 or race gas? What boost are you planning to run?

You know I havent decided yet lol. I sold my 4lb lower to get a stock pulley so that I can run the stock upper and use pump 93. But now I'm thinking of running the same boost as before and instead of torco I will run straight 100 octane.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
You know I havent decided yet lol. I sold my 4lb lower to get a stock pulley so that I can run the stock upper and use pump 93. But now I'm thinking of running the same boost as before and instead of torco I will run straight 100 octane.

Good luck man, let me know how it turns out :beer:

mach1033

Established Member
Good luck man, let me know how it turns out :beer:

Will do. Hey I might be heading to south Florida for Thanksgiving week. I have family in Coconut Creek and I'm bringing my car down. Maybe we can meet up at the Tower's in Davie and shoot the shit.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
The day i tuned the car the alternator pulley nut came loose and it was making a weird noise after that so we decided to call it a night, we didnt want the alternator to lock up and cause a disaster, so between all that mess i didnt get a change to really talk to my tuner (Ken Bjones) and took the car home and changed the alternator the following day. Today i emailed him and this is his response

Leo,

The 80s are only maxed out at stock fuel pressure. You have plenty of pump to run higher pressure so you are good to go there. You are pretty close on timing as far as where it will make max power. That last pull was 21*. We can throw it up to 24-25 but I don't think it will pick up more than 10-15. It was very hot and humid that night so that is hurting you too. I think the exhaust is holding you back more at this point than anything.

I might pick up a set of longtubes (still got the stock manifolds on right now) in a couple weeks and this time ill really let the car cool down for a while and maybe throw some ice on it, and see what happens

ds03cobra

one man pit crew
Established Member
New numbers as of today . We have been hard at work on venoms ride its no longer a vert and we added 1 3/4 ar headers and a solid axle with 3.73s . He took it back to the dyno today and managed 770 rwhp and 744ftlbs . 21 degrees timing and 26 psi

Congrats brother its been a long road

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
New numbers as of today . We have been hard at work on venoms ride its no longer a vert and we added 1 3/4 ar headers and a solid axle with 3.73s . He took it back to the dyno today and managed 770 rwhp and 744ftlbs . 21 degrees timing and 26 psi

Congrats brother its been a long road

Yes it has brother. Thank you for all your help, could never have done it without you. Now lets run some 9s on sunday :beer:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Glad you got it going in the right direction Leo. Much better numbers!

My car went from belt/tensioner issue to fixing a battery drain while we were at it to now it wont start at all after fixing the battery drain issue and replacing the battery. It wouldnt start but then a few hours later my buddy showed up and it fired right up but instrument cluster was acting funny. Had battery checked and replaced........then POW! NOTHING! I'll text you some pics. We have dang near everything but the dash pulled out. Will hopefully get it resolved and to the dyno soon!

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
Brandon, sorry about your car man that sucks. Ive been following your thread on modfords. Hope u get it solved soon man. And do yourself a favor and dont sell it, you'll regret it big time. Trust me

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Brandon, sorry about your car man that sucks. Ive been following your thread on modfords. Hope u get it solved soon man. And do yourself a favor and dont sell it, you'll regret it big time. Trust me

Thanks bud. It is very frustrating. I finally get a few things going in my favor and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some new DR's, shocks/struts, and fix the annoying noise from my coilovers by cutting a couple pinch welds in the shocks towers. Now it is all on delay waiting to see what random stupid crap I have to replace.

Yeah Kevin keeps telling me to sell it and Erik and my wife keep telling me they will hate me if I do.

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
Yes it has brother. Thank you for all your help, could never have done it without you. Now lets run some 9s on sunday :beer:

I think we should accidentally run into each other on US27 and spontaneously decide to race at a specific time and date...

Users who are viewing this thread