Whipple 2.9, E85, 9:7:1 CR Built Motor

forcefedcobra

Established Member
you guys are like vultures. 2nd tuning pull it made 725/698..........havent heard any updates since then. still more tuning to be done.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
Ok back from the dyno, final numbers were 735hp and 700 torque with the car heat soaked, no cool down whatsoever. On the 5th pull the alternator pulley nut came loose and it was making a funny noise after that and we decided to call it a night. It was 91* and 65% himidity so weather wise was horrible. I hit 27lbs of boost in all the passes. Im sure with better weather ill see high 700s so im pretty happy with the results. Now all i gotta do is order a new alternator and take it to the track and find out the real numbers. Thank you all for the kind words :beer:

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Also if you running 25psi your just wasting your time since the 2.9 blower is small. On the 2.9 the most you should go is 19psi, the 3.4 whipple the most you should go is 24 psi, the 4.0 the most you should go is 28psi after that its not efficient, wasted heat and loss of power. These are words from Jon Lund, he is the best tuner that I have found. I brought my car to him with almost 30psi and he woudnt tune it with that amount of boost. He made me turn it down to 19psi and said after the tune I can change it to 22psi if i want. My current pulley setup is 6.5 lower 3.75 upper and makes 19psi with this combo.

:nonono:

Holy crap that is so much misinformation it makes me want to cry. Known fact the 2.9 is below its efficiency range at 19psi. Thats per Whipple before I ordered the TS from Lethal. peak is in the 22-24 range.

gabe1530

Banned
those are some wicked numbers!
no cooldowns? did you guys run out of time?
also, do you have a killer chiller?

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
those are some wicked numbers!
no cooldowns? did you guys run out of time?
also, do you have a killer chiller?

15 mins apart from each pull isnt really a cool down with a 91* weather. No killer chiller here, the idea of running the a/c all the time and dripping on the track ( the couple times a year that i actually go ) keep me away from it. It would probably make a big difference though

gabe1530

Banned
15 mins apart from each pull isnt really a cool down with a 91* weather. No killer chiller here, the idea of running the a/c all the time and dripping on the track ( the couple times a year that i actually go ) keep me away from it. It would probably make a big difference though

you should get the drag race version. its turned on separately so it doesnt use the AC all the time. also, you can have all the lines insulated so they dont drip. i havent noticed mine dripping that much at all and i dont have them insulated. i think they are having a group buy on svtsnake.com.

SVTSonicCobra

Nasty Sonic Cobra
Established Member
Ok back from the dyno, final numbers were 735hp and 700 torque with the car heat soaked, no cool down whatsoever. On the 5th pull the alternator pulley nut came loose and it was making a funny noise after that and we decided to call it a night. It was 91* and 65% himidity so weather wise was horrible. I hit 27lbs of boost in all the passes. Im sure with better weather ill see high 700s so im pretty happy with the results. Now all i gotta do is order a new alternator and take it to the track and find out the real numbers. Thank you all for the kind words :beer:

Nice, Way to go!! :thumbsup: Was this on a Mustang Dyno or Dyno Jet? I told you it would be hard to make 800whp lol

Users who are viewing this thread