Whipple 2.9, E85, 9:7:1 CR Built Motor

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
Well like i mentioned before, the car wasnt really cooled down and we didnt use any ice either. The temperature was 91* and humidity was 65% i think. It runs smooth as hell and the low end torque is unreal. Ill go again when the weather cools down a bit, and I WILL MAKE close to 800.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
15 mins apart from each pull isnt really a cool down with a 91* weather. No killer chiller here, the idea of running the a/c all the time and dripping on the track ( the couple times a year that i actually go ) keep me away from it. It would probably make a big difference though

You are leaving so much on the table it's ridiculous by not having a killer chiller, you wouldn't need cool downs man, you'd just make a pull... keep the car running for a few more minutes and let the ect go down if they were even up and then make another pull. Pretty sure your numbers are lower than you'd like due to you not having a properly setup car, you're missing one key ingredient and it's the killer chiller. Believe me when I say you can buy the normal KC kit and if you're not a moron be able to use it at the track without it dripping. Just takes a little common sense but if you're a moron they even make a drag kit so you don't have to think about it but hey that's another few hundred bucks. Numbers are good but not that great for your combo and boost level, i'd actually be somewhat disappointed if I had a higher cr motor, e85, 2.9 whipple and 25-27 psi and making 730 compared to what others with less are doing. Killer Chiller man...:beer: Hearing the word "heat soak" to me means you're ignorant to what is out there as that isn't an issue anymore.

MY DREAM

Established Member
You are leaving so much on the table it's ridiculous by not having a killer chiller, you wouldn't need cool downs man, you'd just make a pull... keep the car running for a few more minutes and let the ect go down if they were even up and then make another pull. Pretty sure your numbers are lower than you'd like due to you not having a properly setup car, you're missing one key ingredient and it's the killer chiller. Believe me when I say you can buy the normal KC kit and if you're not a moron be able to use it at the track without it dripping. Just takes a little common sense but if you're a moron they even make a drag kit so you don't have to think about it but hey that's another few hundred bucks. Numbers are good but not that great for your combo and boost level, i'd actually be somewhat disappointed if I had a higher cr motor, e85, 2.9 whipple and 25-27 psi and making 730 compared to what others with less are doing. Killer Chiller man...:beer: Hearing the word "heat soak" to me means you're ignorant to what is out there as that isn't an issue anymore.

Wow! Not very tactfull bro. :shrug:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Maybe i'm tired of seeing threads full of excuses about why this didn't happen or that when it's obvious that people are trying to point them in the right direction and they fail to realize this like the op saying "I go to the track a few times and scared of dripping" wtf is that... then saying my car was "heat soaked" so I didn't make the numbers... bullshit I say and sorry if it comes across as blunt of untactful but it's the truth. I'm tired of seeing badass cobras suffer losses they shouldn't lose due to things they can control but choose not to listen to those in the know. This guy is leaving SO much on the table it's crazy. At his level it's another 30-40 hp easy. He could be saying "yea I made 77x and my shit is wicked (already is just not to full potential imo). Ask lthl vnm what's up with e85 a larger blower and a KC, taking out ysi c6 z06's from a roll and shit.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
Dude stfu im not interested in the k/c. Where is your high horsepower killer chiller monster? If you dont like reading about it then dont click on the ****ing thread end of story. I could have let the car cooled down completely and put ice on and seen the same results as the k/c im just not interested in it. Its my car my decision go build your own shit and spend the money on what u want, dont tell me how to spend mine

Last edited:

kleistang

Established Member
congrats on the numbers. screw the killer chiller. we are just not blessed with the best weather but hey the cooler months are coming.

have you thought about putting more boost? i think a 2.3 at @ 24-25 psi its on its maxed to the point that you would need to cool it down after a pass but i think the 2.9 at 27psi is just chilling there. put that bitch to work. i do think you can make the 800s.

who tuned the car? what details did he give you about the tune? timming? fuel? do you know where u at right now.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Dude stfu im not interested in the k/c. Where is your high horsepower killer chiller monster? If you dont like reading about it then dont click on the ****ing thread end of story. I could have let the car cooled down completely and put ice on and seen the same results as the k/c im just not interested in it. Its my car my decision go build your own shit and spend the money on what u want, dont tell me how to spend mine

Hey like I said, keep being in denial and not doing the BEST mod you will ever do to your car period. You sound like you do more street driving than track. I don't mind reading it but your posts are plagued with excuses as to why this or that when it's clear what can be fixed and you're not listening rather being stubborn and acting like you're not interested in something that can fix your problem... why the **** do you want to let your car cool... you think your car is going to be cool when you do highway pass after pass, it's not bro, so why make a dyno number you can't ever have vs making what you will have all the time, right now you're at great power no doubt, not knocking that but you are leaving a lot on the table for a street driven car.

Not sure what my car has to do with anything other than I don't have heat soak and excuse...

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
congrats on the numbers. screw the killer chiller. we are just not blessed with the best weather but hey the cooler months are coming.

have you thought about putting more boost? i think a 2.3 at @ 24-25 psi its on its maxed to the point that you would need to cool it down after a pass but i think the 2.9 at 27psi is just chilling there. put that bitch to work. i do think you can make the 800s.

who tuned the car? what details did he give you about the tune? timming? fuel? do you know where u at right now.

I live in Florida, what part about the weather not impacting your car completely anymore don't you guys get? You won't have to worry about high iat2's, ever again and you're acting like i'm telling you to go kill a bunch of babies.

mach1033

Established Member
I live in Florida, what part about the weather not impacting your car completely anymore don't you guys get? You won't have to worry about high iat2's, ever again and you're acting like i'm telling you to go kill a bunch of babies.

I agree with you that the killer chiller is a great upgrade as I plan on doing that mod next summer. I have seen the IAT2's drop 60 degrees. You came across a little to strong in your opinion a kinda made the OP look like a chump and that will set off any man to respond back just as strong.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member

Ken Bjones tuned it. Timing was left at 24* i think, and we used e85

blowngt

Established Member
Congrats Leo!

Remember, a dyno is used for tuning. Numbers are nothing more that bragging rights.

Now it's time to take it to the track........

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I agree with you that the killer chiller is a great upgrade as I plan on doing that mod next summer. I have seen the IAT2's drop 60 degrees. You came across a little to strong in your opinion a kinda made the OP look like a chump and that will set off any man to respond back just as strong.

Yea was slightly hammered when I first posted, sorry for coming along so brash. I sent the OP a pm clearing the air. His car is definitely a beast, no doubt. :beer:

ds03cobra

one man pit crew
Established Member
Ken Bjones tuned it. Timing was left at 24* i think, and we used e85

22 degrees is where Ken left it . Fuel wise his 3 GT pumps are at 90% duty cycle and the 80lbhr injectors are done Ken raised the fuel pressure a touch to keep them in a happy zone

mach1033

Established Member
Yea i got nitto 555R's on the rear but 1st and 2nd gear is a spin fest. Im gonna buy a set of MT's soon and see how that goes

MT/ET's are a great drag radial. I had them on for a year until my motor went and I sold them to a buddy of mine that needed some DR's. I'm gonna try the NT05R's next and see how they work. Only reason why is because they match my front NT05's in the front. But if they suck I'm going back to the MT's.

Users who are viewing this thread