Whipple/ Kenne Bell/ Roush vs Paxton/Vortech/ Procharger

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Said many times, any s/c makes great power on these cars, as it's such a great platform to start with.

The difference is the Paxton will me the most street friendly, has the most power potential, and is the least expensive route to go.

It's a win,win, win!

Let me know when your ready! :)

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Said many times, any s/c makes great power on these cars, as it's such a great platform to start with.

The difference is the Paxton will me the most street friendly, has the most power potential, and is the least expensive route to go.

It's a win,win, win!

Let me know when your ready! :)

Thanks for stopping by, Beef. If i decide paxton, i will deff. be giving you a call.

milgt

Established Member
I have the vortech kit from beef and the other mods are all in my signature... I really don't think I have a whole lot done to my car to be where I am. To be at 600whp and have roughly 5800 in parts total (not including my money spent on tuning) I think I'm making out pretty well lol. Of course you don't get the instant torque like you do with a PD blower but I love the more linear feel my car has over the PD feeling. My old car was a PD car and it was fun for a while.

03lofront

another wannabe ....
Established Member
I like my procharger stage 2 p1sc kit. Made 604/525 with the 4.0 pulley making 10.5 psi at 7000 rpm. This was made on a mustang dyno. Its a m6 car. 3.55 gears. I use a mt et street radial on weld wheels. Went 10.76 @131this past friday night. With a rather soft 1.68 60 ft. I love this kit because when I installed it myself with a few buddies. There was no cutting radiator hoses, or cutting fan shrouds. Only thing i had to cut was the inside of the bumper cover which most other kits require. On the street at 4200 rpms it turns on and runs like a raped ape. I know the paxton is a great kit as well bc my buddy has one on his car. I have another friend with the roush tvs kit from vmp. All of em run great. I also love my procharger bc it has its own belt. Some dont like it bc it puts more stress on the crank and blah blah...lol i love it. The hard part it making your own descision of wjat your gonna drop a few grand of your money on. Good luck man!! Your gonna probably love what ever you end up with.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
having a 4.0 whippled 2010 gt500 i was originally leaning toward the PD blowewr again until i saw the track times for either...i only read of centri blowers consistantly running in the high 9's on stock motors and never about tvs,whipple,kb etc etc....for me this one fact is the deciding factor....they come to around the same price when you factor in needing a circle d in the auto setups with a centri like mine will be....if i was reading about alot of 9 sec stock motor bolt on pd setups id lean towards a pd forsure because the low end tq feels fantastic....with the beefcake special the bang for the buck factor at a bit over $5g for blower with injectors and bap is pretty unbeatable...

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
having a 4.0 whippled 2010 gt500 i was originally leaning toward the PD blowewr again until i saw the track times for either...i only read of centri blowers consistantly running in the high 9's on stock motors and never about tvs,whipple,kb etc etc....for me this one fact is the deciding factor....they come to around the same price when you factor in needing a circle d in the auto setups with a centri like mine will be....if i was reading about alot of 9 sec stock motor bolt on pd setups id lean towards a pd forsure because the low end tq feels fantastic....with the beefcake special the bang for the buck factor at a bit over $5g for blower with injectors and bap is pretty unbeatable...

Now you're trying to make sense, lol.. It does seem that in all practicality the beef special is the way to go. I just dont want to end up going the centri direction just for a number and then later feel like im missing something, helpless feeling lol.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Now you're trying to make sense, lol.. It does seem that in all practicality the beef special is the way to go. I just dont want to end up going the centri direction just for a number and then later feel like im missing something, helpless feeling lol.

lol, you won't feel like your missing anything, other than being slower than the next guy :)

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
lol, you won't feel like your missing anything, other than being slower than the next guy :)

Beef, how's the tuning worked out with your kits? Do you call Jon/Ken once the kit has been setup or does the customer have to contact them? Also, it may be a problem finding a dyno in my area..

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beef, how's the tuning worked out with your kits? Do you call Jon/Ken once the kit has been setup or does the customer have to contact them? Also, it may be a problem finding a dyno in my area..

i'll have a base tune already waiting for you. You'll then exchange logs via street tuning, or set up a dyno appointment somewhere.

We do a ton of them on the street, so it's not a big deal if you want to go at your pace that way.

Beef

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
i'll have a base tune already waiting for you. You'll then exchange logs via street tuning, or set up a dyno appointment somewhere.

We do a ton of them on the street, so it's not a big deal if you want to go at your pace that way.

Beef

Cool. Tuning is the one thing that really has me held up on any supercharger kit. The tune is everything, basically putting the life of your engine in the tuners hands. I know Lund is one of the most respected tuners in the nation though, cant go wrong with that.

Question, before you turned your car into what it is today, did you start out with one of the basic paxton kits? What were your mods and what kind of et/mph and horsepower were you making?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Cool. Tuning is the one thing that really has me held up on any supercharger kit. The tune is everything, basically putting the life of your engine in the tuners hands. I know Lund is one of the most respected tuners in the nation though, cant go wrong with that.

Question, before you turned your car into what it is today, did you start out with one of the basic paxton kits? What were your mods and what kind of et/mph and horsepower were you making?

i had a preproduction kit, using a t trim head unit, smaller than the paxton.

gear and headers, and went 10.8's, thats when we were tuning them safe, car was only tune for about 540rwhp then

we've learned alot since then

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
i had a preproduction kit, using a t trim head unit, smaller than the paxton.

gear and headers, and went 10.8's, thats when we were tuning them safe, car was only tune for about 540rwhp then

we've learned alot since then

That's about what I'm looking for, 10.8's would satisfy me. Do you think it would still be safe on the engine with ~50 more horses and would the base kit and pulley get me there? I want to be capable of 10.50's with a decent tire.

Users who are viewing this thread