Whipple track times from today

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Originally posted by Robertson Racin
Why would Apten put up 2250 when there are KB cars running 9's.. The best Apten is only running high 10's

Hey, I am just shooting the breeze about the whole thing. Just trying to make the math work. All in fun. If Apten didn't want to play, one could get one of these turbo companies involved. X2C maybe.

Of course, I have about as stock a cobra as possible, so I shouldn't be running my mouth off about anything. Nonetheless, I would love to see something that would attract the baddest cobras in the country to one place at one time. That, imo, would be fun, and I would pay to see it.:beer:

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
Originally posted by cito
I would love to see something that would attract the baddest cobras in the country to one place at one time. That, imo, would be fun, and I would pay to see it.:beer:

I agree 100%:beer:

03Steve

Established Member
Hey MJ, good runs. For all of the factors involved (4000#, 17 degrees of timing, 18 psi,) running an 11.2 is very very respectable. And so are the 60' times you put up.

As far as the clutch goes, BOOT IT. I probably ain't holding the torque in your lower gears with the blower, and it won't happen at all with the nitrous.

All the cool ppl are going to automatics this year. :D Find a GT owner with a 4R70W and do the swap. Or do I what I did:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=477840

No more slipping clutch, and less worry about the rear. And very very fast times. Show me a slow automatic 03 cobra! :D

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Good times MJ, fix the slip and powershift that beast and its gonna be a wild ride! Side question: 17 degrees of timing, 18 psi, make 589rwhp SAE? Thats sick w/ that little timing!

KosherCobra

Established Member
Great baseline numbers.

I ran a 11.5 @ 125 1.88 60ft.

I couldn't launch like you since i didn't have the half shaft, and clutch. My clutch was slipping big time up top. I smelled it after every run. The car could have easily went 130 in the traps if I could have got out of the whole harder and had the additional strength on the drivetrain. I was shifting my car at 5900 well below the capabilities of the engine. I saw 17 PSI. What boost did you see on your runs? What fuel pressure was it at top gear?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Jerryk
Good times MJ, fix the slip and powershift that beast and its gonna be a wild ride! Side question: 17 degrees of timing, 18 psi, make 589rwhp SAE? Thats sick w/ that little timing!

18psi, 17deg timing, 93 octane = 596rwhp SAE

MJ

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
Tell you what, you're in NY right? Why don't you bring that ported Eaton over to LVD on April 30th and we'll run 'em.

MJ
Your on ohh and can i bring my 75 shot with me it's only another $750.00. PM me with your cell # and we will hook up BTW bring your camera and your diff cover!!!:p

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by KosherCobra
Great baseline numbers.

I ran a 11.5 @ 125 1.88 60ft.

I couldn't launch like you since i didn't have the half shaft, and clutch. My clutch was slipping big time up top. I smelled it after every run. The car could have easily went 130 in the traps if I could have got out of the whole harder and had the additional strength on the drivetrain. I was shifting my car at 5900 well below the capabilities of the engine. I saw 17 PSI. What boost did you see on your runs? What fuel pressure was it at top gear?

I see 18psi but then it drops to between16-17 (lots of belt dust). The fuel pressure is 39psi up to redline. The BAP is working like a charm.

MJ

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by kaboom
Your on ohh and can i bring my 75 shot with me it's only another $750.00. PM me with your cell # and we will hook up BTW bring your camera and your diff cover!!!:p

Okay, you bring your 75shot and I'll spray a 50 just for giggles. Bassin247 is going to have his digital camcorder so I guess we're on!

BTW, you need to sign up for that track rental. Go here: http://www.svtoa.org/events_dd_spring_04_info.php

MJ

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
Okay, you bring your 75shot and I'll spray a 50 just for giggles. Bassin247 is going to have his digital camcorder so I guess we're on!

I'm going to have ny *slow* KB Cobra too. After you beat up on MJ beat up on me. :lol:

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
BTW im bringing my friend bubba with me he wants to talk to you before we race he helps me get my point across. he is 6ft.9 and 400 lbs he said he can secure me a win.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
:kaboom: and then i run away lmao

Okay, I guess the wager is out 'cause you're a cheap ass.

So, you know how fast I've run. What about you? What's your best time, stats, etc.?

MJ

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
BTW im bringing my friend bubba with me he wants to talk to you before we race he helps me get my point across. he is 6ft.9 and 400 lbs he said he can secure me a win.

Did you meet him in prison? :D

MJ

fusion_ta66

Established Member
Not quite sure why people are saying that others are bashing MJ's times? I know I didn't. I would never ever expect a car to run a certain ET with any amount of horsepower. ET is influenced very heavily by a myriad of factors, some of which I already named. However, 1/4 trap speeds, while still being influenced, are much less influenced by wheelspin and driver skill than ETs are.

So, to look at it scientifically, you would have to use actual numbers as a comparison. Since ETs are an unreliable measurement, MPH, WHP, and vehicle weight are the main numbers we have to go by. You can't make quantitative judgements by SOTP feeling.

If you take an 03 cobra, and give it an extra 100WHP, assuming everything else is the same, I would expect to see upwards of 7-10MPH gain in the 1/4 mile. Does this sound unreasonable? Obviously MJ said his car was slightly heavier, which definitely has some effect. But 7-10 MPH of effect? Granny shifting was mentioned. Were you still banging through the gears or were you shifting like a grocery store trip? I am just trying to rationally try and figure out where the MPH went. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason, nobody is accusing anybody of anything. The car obviously made huge power on the dyno, it just didn't really show up at the track. I don't know why everyone has to start calling out 'haters' and challenging people to races. If you're not quite sure, just say 'I don't know' or don't comment.

Does anyone else not think that almost 600WHP should be netting more than 124mph?

Once again, I am not trying to flame in anyway at all. I respect your hard work, and I am just trying to promote a good discussion.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Joe,

Last year on the Eaton with a 100hp shot of juice I went: [email protected] at LVD on drag radials at a race weight of 3822lbs. That setup made about 575rwhp/750rwtq on the dyno.

This year on the Whipple only I ran [email protected] at NED on ET Streets at a race weight of 3966lbs. That setup made 596rwhp/544rwtq on the dyno.

Given the additional weight and lower torque (as well as 20 extra hp) the numbers seem fine to me.

I really think that the main difference between my runs and others can be attributed to:

1. driver
2. track conditions (altitude, weather, prep, etc.)

MJ

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Mj did you do any susp work? [BUBBA wants to know].

Enough about me Matt. Your turn: "So, you know how fast I've run. What about you? What's your best time, stats, etc.?"

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread