Whipple VS Kenne bell ??

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Hey Ry Trappo.

I know your sig says Great Purveyor of Facts but isn't calling a Kenne Bell a Toaster a Purveyor of Opinion? Just sayin.....

I'll take my Kenne Bell (Billet Aluminum Toaster) over a Whipple (Cast Aluminum looks like a coated turd) in a race everyday...........

Let the games begin......LOL
oh no sir, that's pure fact:thumbsup:

:D

Ironhand

Banned
Kenne Bell 4.2 is a race supercharger and truly designed for built motors only.

Hey Ry Trappo.

I know your sig says Great Purveyor of Facts but isn't calling a Kenne Bell a Toaster a Purveyor of Opinion? Just sayin.....

I'll take my Kenne Bell (Billet Aluminum Toaster) over a Whipple (Cast Aluminum looks like a coated turd) in a race everyday...........

Let the games begin......LOL

Isnt your block and heads cast aluminum turds too? :poke:

Grabber07'

Established Member
Popcorn-11-Eddie-Griffin.gif

Van@RevanRacing

I know of a coated turd that just went [email protected] making it the quickest positive displacement blower mustang in the land. (Quicker than any toaster) :)

4.0L Whipple Power!!

425228_3159476139425_1040918494_3032957_1725357689_n.jpg

Congrats to those guys on a great run. We're all on the same page about going fast whether it's a coated turd or a polished toaster.........:beer:

yes it did and congrats to those guys however there is a 3.6 kb cobra jet that is getting ready. The saga will continue

It will be interesting to see what the csx2396 Cobra Jet on a huge weight loss diet like the 7 second pass mentioned above can put together so we have a good comparo. Weight to weight would be nice to know.

As for GT500's. Kenne Bell equipped GT500's have the records for the fastest ET's in the Quarter Mile, Shelby Mark, Ferraro Kid and the standing Mile with the Texas Mile Super Snake driven by me. :rockon:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm all Whipple, but only because I prefer the appearance of it. The KB's always seemed too... I don't know, industrial looking, I guess for lack of a better term. I don't know why the engines appearance is so important to me, but I always loved the way the Whipple looked atop a well planned out and detailed engine bay.
Both of them will make a GT500 go faster than you'll ever need to go on the street and for most of us, faster than you'll ever be able to pilot it without some serious dedication and commitment. Hell, if you think about it, there aren't very many of us that have actually gotten the most out of the combo that came with the car, let alone getting the most out of any of the available twin screws...
I know its not a 500, but dam, tell me that thing aint sexy....

Picture181-2.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Yeh, they're so damn ugly;

kb26-1polishup.jpg

I think I'm gunna go spew.
just not my style, i was never into the "polished/chrome/gloss EVERYTHING" engines. bare aluminum block/heads, wrinkle ford blue cam covers, and a wrinkle black whipple mod motor for me!

JMO

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I could see laying a few pieces of bread on top of it making toast. Defintely looks like a non stick surface.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
IS ALL preference ..in my book I like the go fast parts regardless of how they look , that being said I will take the one that brings more power / reliable performance ..it just seems that the 03-04s cobras run harder with whipples but you have the big brother shelby making and running better numbers with the kenne bells !! OP , IMO I will just talk to jared @ LETHAL AND Van @ VAN RACING to discuss your HP goals etc ..I'm sure they both will be helpful and they know their stuff ! Glad to have them locally for me :)

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is a thread from another forum that is on-going right now.........

[ame=http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14038]KB vs Whipple - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum[/ame]

R

Ironhand

Banned
Alot of the guys from here are also in that thread. Its funny but how many threads to people have to fight on?

They do the same thing but with alot of differences so one cant be compared directly to the other.

500_man

Established Member
This is silly - 99% of folks don't need, nor will ever effectively use more power than a TVS can provide, yet...

So why not just say it?

Cut or uncut?

7" good enough, or 12" for bragging rights?

:dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread