Whiteline KDT928 MT82 Transmission Bushing Insert Tested. Reviews/Tips & Tricks

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I learned in the early stages of my build that rubber goes a long way to quill vibrations in our cars, and as soon as you change the rubber out for something harder you feel it. Im not surprised this mount adds vibration but apparently some guys have more then others! Which i find strange!

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I installed mine yesterday, I drove it today and will be leaving it as sold by whiteline. Vibs are there but whatever. With poly mm, mgw, dss, no bushing uca, and poly lowers I like having zero play in my driveline.

turd burglar

Established Member
Mine doesn't have any noticeable nvh and right now my interior is all torn apart while some stuff gets painted. That's with a mgw shifter also, so I dunno, maybe I'm desensitized lol

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have very little stock bushings left in my car so take my opinion for what it is. I dd my car and have 29k plus on it, but I also drive a 600whp supercharged car in rain/light snow and cold temps on summer tires. ;)

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Maybe? Or maybe not? My car has been back 7 time since I got it new in December. I've had nothing but problems out of this car since day one! I have the work orders and dyno sheets to prove it.
The guy I spoke with from WL suggested that maybe the stock bushing was masking a problem in the ds/dl and that he had never herd of any vibration issues. The vibration was comparable to when I blew a U joint on my old 1994 f-150. It's bad when the person riding with you is like "WTF was that??" Lol

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
How bad is this vibration on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the worst case scenario? If you guys had it to do over again, would you opt to not use the bushing?

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Probably a 7-8 in my case. I'm not joking here! There's no way I could drive the car daily like that. NO WAY! I cut the bottom portion off and re installed. The vibration is gone and the "crunchy" feeling in the shifts is also gone. It's was worth the 40$ for sure. I've been dealing with issues on my car since day one as I stated before. The car did just come back from having a new pinion seal installed so there is a good possibility I have other problems.
I'd do it again

WHITELINE

Established Member
Greetings all,
I firstly want to thank Nick at JDM Engineering for his time and effort to research the KDT928 inserts and find ways to modify and improve the item. I have been talking with Nick for a few weeks regarding this insert and how to help the majority of the community. The more people we have providing research and feedback; the better we can deliver bang for your buck solutions.

Firstly, we've already had several versions of this bushing insert testing out in the market, some I've already shared with Nick. Some had heavy voiding, while others had very little voiding... some with high duro, some with low durometers and different combinations of those features. Results were un-conclusive since the issue varies with various Mustangs. We know that the bushing insert flat out works, some Mustangs had little to no NVH, and others had more. In all instances, the voiding did not seem to be effective in reducing a considerable amount of NVH so we kept the bushing fairly solid to ensure the priority lies in solving the shifting problems.

Please keep in mind some vehicles had more pronounced shifting issues than others so although we value your inputs and encourage experts such as JDM to test and modify, our principal priority is to problem solve the shifting issues first and foremost. We will certainly agree that the middle insert transfers the majority of feedback from the transmission, so your choice in modifications (driveshaft or gearing) or settings (pinion angle, ride height) will contribute to what actually is transmitted.

Different cars with different modifications with different wear and different driving will have varying results in shifting issues as well as NVH feedback. With that said, pending on your driving aggressiveness and level of competition the absence of middle voiding insert will play a factor in overall shift effectiveness.

Cheers!

Tom

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Maybe in the future you could make 3 different durometers. Soft, med, hard....a Street version, a Street-
Race version, and an all out race. Street would be softer then what you now sell now but harder then stock med in between the new soft i just mentioned and what you sell now. And an all out race should be what you sell now. That should cover everyones needs!

Last edited:

NickSezz

Established Member
Greetings all,
I firstly want to thank Nick at JDM Engineering for his time and effort to research the KDT928 inserts and find ways to modify and improve the item. I have been talking with Nick for a few weeks regarding this insert and how to help the majority of the community. The more people we have providing research and feedback; the better we can deliver bang for your buck solutions.

Firstly, we've already had several versions of this bushing insert testing out in the market, some I've already shared with Nick. Some had heavy voiding, while others had very little voiding... some with high duro, some with low durometers and different combinations of those features. Results were un-conclusive since the issue varies with various Mustangs. We know that the bushing insert flat out works, some Mustangs had little to no NVH, and others had more. In all instances, the voiding did not seem to be effective in reducing a considerable amount of NVH so we kept the bushing fairly solid to ensure the priority lies in solving the shifting problems.

Please keep in mind some vehicles had more pronounced shifting issues than others so although we value your inputs and encourage experts such as JDM to test and modify, our principal priority is to problem solve the shifting issues first and foremost. We will certainly agree that the middle insert transfers the majority of feedback from the transmission, so your choice in modifications (driveshaft or gearing) or settings (pinion angle, ride height) will contribute to what actually is transmitted.

Different cars with different modifications with different wear and different driving will have varying results in shifting issues as well as NVH feedback. With that said, pending on your driving aggressiveness and level of competition the absence of middle voiding insert will play a factor in overall shift effectiveness.

Cheers!

Tom

Well put.

Like Tom said, this part flat out works. My intention was to give you guys a couple more options that make this part fit anyone's needs. The modifications are simple and effective still making this part 100% worth it IMO.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Hey nick if we hack the entire bottom off like you did, can we install it without removing the crossmember?

NickSezz

Established Member
Hey nick if we hack the entire bottom off like you did, can we install it without removing the crossmember?

That's a good question. I did not think if that when I was messing around with it. My instinct says no since I left the outer portion intact just so the crossmember would still keep the insert in place.

That's not to say there isn't enough clearance for someone to squeeze that part in then push in the two upper pegs...

Either way you look at it it's easier to remove the brace IMO. If someone tries it let us all know! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread