Who else has given up two wheels?

nxhappy

Established Member
if you ride starting when you're super young it's definitely a part of your life. I mean for me, some of the best times of my life was time spent riding with friends and family. When you do it your ENTIRE life it's REALLY hard to give up. Even if it means risking your life. My grandfather is the same way, and I respect him for that.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I have been on the fence for quite some time now about giving it up. I have rode for years and enjoyed it with my wife. We now have two young children, so it takes some planning just to go out on a quick ride.

I had a close call where I almost got sideswiped on a backroad about a year and a half ago that has sidelined my riding as well. I had my close call, got home and then an hour after my wife called and said her 30 year old bro in law had a massive heart attack and wasn’t sure if he was going to live. He had two small children as well. This on top of my close call just made me not want to ride for some reason. I kept the close call quiet until my wife noticed I pretty much stopped riding cold turkey. I then told her I had a close call the day her brother had a heart attack and never said anything because I felt like I would have been taking away from his situation. Maybe that sounds weird....it’s hard to explain I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, I get what you're saying 100%.

if you ride starting when you're super young it's definitely a part of your life. I mean for me, some of the best times of my life was time spent riding with friends and family. When you do it your ENTIRE life it's REALLY hard to give up. Even if it means risking your life. My grandfather is the same way, and I respect him for that.

I didn't start young as some have in this post and I feel it was a part of my life. I have lifelong friends because of the sport. I get how its difficult to give up for those people who have done it for that long... The crash as well as seeing people I know die has been a combination I cant shake. MAYBE someday I might get back on the track. But I can say I will never ride street again.

Users who are viewing this thread