Who here text while driving?

Do you text while driving

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svt_fan1129

Established Member
I'll read the text, and if its worth responding to, I'll call them. I have sync in my car (hands free) Works out perfect.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Can't get enough of it. I just assume every other driver but me is a ****ing idiot so I am always cautious or expect the worse of everyone next to me. If it wasn't for that I would have been hit multiple times already. IMO it's the people who are having conversations that are the most dangerous. I could call me mom a **** to her face while she is talking on the phone and she wouldn't even know it. At least with texting people aren't absorbed into another world.

wjk

Established Member
"Fastboss" does it all the time. In fact, he's also slamming the bottle hard which seems immensely dangerous!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
sure do. fortunately, i'm apparently more intelligent than 90+% of the people on the roads(not bragging, people are just that stupid) and am capable of staying in my own lane when the roads are straight. i'm also capable of keeping a stoplight in my peripheral vision while i'm texting at a red. and also intelligent enough to know when not to text. it's amazing, i know. god gave me a gift, apparently.
i'm not putting anyones life at risk while texting any more than i am changing the radio station. believe it or not, but you don't actually have to stare at the phone for the duration of your typing. mind blowing, i know.

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Yeap I do. I like to think Im careful but I know, I know, its dangerous, blah, blah. I live in a small town though not a lot of traffic. I don't text when I'm on the interstate, etc.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
this is in the wrong damn forum. it needs to be in smackdown. texting while driving is an activity engaged in by idiots and morons that think like 12 year old children

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
sure do. fortunately, i'm apparently more intelligent than 90+% of the people on the roads(not bragging, people are just that stupid) and am capable of staying in my own lane when the roads are straight. i'm also capable of keeping a stoplight in my peripheral vision while i'm texting at a red. and also intelligent enough to know when not to text. it's amazing, i know. god gave me a gift, apparently.
i'm not putting anyones life at risk while texting any more than i am changing the radio station. believe it or not, but you don't actually have to stare at the phone for the duration of your typing. mind blowing, i know.

shhh, all the ****tards who cant are the ones that need to stare at their phones while texting and have no memorization of the keys or what they just typed. Because they cant successfully do it, nobody else should and it should be banned!

But all other distractions in the car are perfectly ok.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
I hate sending text when I'm not driving. I have watched texters swerve more than drunk drivers. Is it really more important to answer that text than to pay attention to the road. If I ever get hit by someone texting while driving, I am going to fake all kinds of injury.

It's crazy, I know a kid who got into a head on collision while he was texting apparantly and the kid in the passenger seat he was with died. ITs really not that important to respond to a text from some person asking where the weed is or the next party

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I can't see the sense in texting at all. It's easier and faster to communicate by voice; one can leave a voice mail, and it's not illegal or dangerous while driving. Can anyone tell me any advantage to texting over voice?

Some people like me are hard of hearing so talking on the phone is nearly impossible.

When driving, I text mostly at stoplights. Otherwise, I'll have my GF respond for me or I'll just type "K" because that pretty much will answers whoever has texted me.

OP-I've never seen anyone swerve "erotically?" :D

Coiled03

Established Member
shhh, all the ****tards who cant are the ones that need to stare at their phones while texting and have no memorization of the keys or what they just typed. Because they cant successfully do it, nobody else should and it should be banned!

Let me guess, you think it's ok to drive with a buzz on, too, don't you? I mean, it's not enough of a distraction to cause an issue, right?

By the way, it has nothing to do with skill or intelligence.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member

what about people with touchscreen phones like the droid and iPhone? There are no keys to manually feel just a screen that really messes up if you aren't looking at it. There really is no sense in texting or even talking on the phone while driving because 9 times out of 10 the conversation is about stupid, worhtless crap anyway

txyaloo

Established Member
what about people with touchscreen phones like the droid and iPhone? There are no keys to manually feel just a screen that really messes up if you aren't looking at it. There really is no sense in texting or even talking on the phone while driving because 9 times out of 10 the conversation is about stupid, worhtless crap anyway

Last time I looked at my Droid, it had a full hardware keyboard. Did someone steal it in the last few minutes?

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I do in my Jeep, but never in the Mustang. I know I know that doesn't make it right, but it's so much easier to do in an automatic. I try not to do it on a regular basis, or wait until Im at a stoplight to respond. Most of the time the conversation is pretty pointless anyway.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
There really is no sense in texting or even talking on the phone while driving because 9 times out of 10 the conversation is about stupid, worhtless crap anyway

I thought everyone on here was either a CEO or brain surgeon. Surely that is why they'd have to take their eyes off the road to answer a text. It wouldn't be just something about what's for dinner?;-)

Users who are viewing this thread