Who here text while driving?

Do you text while driving

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
what about people with touchscreen phones like the droid and iPhone? There are no keys to manually feel just a screen that really messes up if you aren't looking at it. There really is no sense in texting or even talking on the phone while driving because 9 times out of 10 the conversation is about stupid, worhtless crap anyway

Its harder, but its not that hard.

Like ive said before, with my iphone, i can type out simple responses like "K" or "b there in 5", "yeah" or "nope" with 95% accuracy. If i get a letter wrong ill still send it, **** it, the main point is still legible.

Ill text with my thumb with the phone in my lap or next to the shifter, when im done ill bring the phone to about dashboard/eye level, glance at it to proofread, and send it off. If doing that simple task diverts that much attention from your driving that you swerve, you probably shouldnt be driving in the first place.

And again, like ive said, im not in the middle of a bustling commute where a bunch of cars are making lane changes, while others are merging and things are crazy on the roadway, ill only do said text when the conditions warrant it. Thats the difference IMO.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
New York just passed a law saying that if you are caught talking on the phone or texting while driving you get a point on your license and they alert your insurance company so your rates go up. So even if you can safely drive while texting, you will get in more trouble now than just a ticket. In NY at least. After so many times catching you your license gets suspended

NateV8

Established Member
its harder, but its not that hard.

Like ive said before, with my iphone, i can type out simple responses like "k" or "b there in 5", "yeah" or "nope" with 95% accuracy. If i get a letter wrong ill still send it, **** it, the main point is still legible.

Ill text with my thumb with the phone in my lap or next to the shifter, when im done ill bring the phone to about dashboard/eye level, glance at it to proofread, and send it off. If doing that simple task diverts that much attention from your driving that you swerve, you probably shouldnt be driving in the first place.

+1

BABVenom98

Established Member
New York just passed a law saying that if you are caught talking on the phone or texting while driving you get a point on your license and they alert your insurance company so your rates go up. So even if you can safely drive while texting, you will get in more trouble now than just a ticket. In NY at least. After so many times catching you your license gets suspended

Even with bluetooth? Glad I know this now so I won't talk on the phone when I drive back up to Fort Drum here in a month or so

Users who are viewing this thread