Who here text while driving?

Do you text while driving

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BABVenom98

Established Member
Reason I ask is because I saw this dumb bitch in a pt cruiser today nearly miss a barrier doing 70MPH on 281 in San Antonio today. At first I thought she was drunk and was about to call SAPD because she was swerving erotically and jerking back into her lane.
Shortly after she almost took out another motorist in the middle lane by side swiping her. It was 3 lanes, the pt in the left lane with me behind her. So I speed up to go next to the lady she almost hit and the lady points at the pt and does the texting motion with her hands. I felt like pulling up beside the dumbass and giving her a piece of my mind but didn't, I was still in uniform and rather not present myself that why while I was in uniform.

Last edited:

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Where is the option for Yes, but I know I shouldn't?

I do text while driving. My town just passed a law making it illegal. I break the law. It is a distraction and I wish I didn't do it, but sometimes I find it necessary to do so. It wasn't bad at all when I had a flip phone with actual buttons, I could text accurately without looking at my phone. Now with my Droid X it's a different story.

I don't swerve or drive erratically like a lot of other people do when they text, but I'll be honest when I say I'm not 100% focused on the road. Should I drop this bad habit? Yes. Will I any time soon? Probably not.

-Eric

BABVenom98

Established Member
I didn't think of that option, how do I add it?

I use to text and drive all the time, even with a touch screen.
Eventually I saw quite a bit of people nearly cause accidents while texting and driving and realized a text message can wait. A text message isn't worth someone's life or property

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yes.

People that cant usually are the ones that likely cant drive straight in the first place. Same people that cant walk and chew bubblegum.

Case in point, my realtor. Scary times last week with her on the phone or texting while driving from house to house. Driving big ass excursion as well. Shed just slow down to like 35 in a 55 to answer a call or text someone. In a residential shed just park in the middle of the street.

I keep it short if im driving. Simple things like "K" or "b there in 5" or whatnot. Im not typing out a novel on my phone (iphone) like i could on my older blackberry with its tactile interface.

Then this place i went to (some home show convention) had in the parking lot where they set up the likes of an AutoX course where you were tested on driving the course with talking on the phone, then texting, then without and timed and graded for accuracy. Yes, because in a real life scenario im blasting through a parking lot balls out and trying to type a novel. Had a long ass line too, but stupid to have that exaggerated of a scenario.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Texting while actually driving was stupid and ignorant last time this was posted...and just as stupid and ignorant now. Even for "multitaskers". One day you are going to be compelled to "just finish that sentence" and bam you're going lose it...hopefully you won't take an innocent with you. I keep seeing more and more people with their head down...slowing down by 10mph and wandering in their lanes. Almost tagged twice to date by these people. If there was anyway I could help them get nailed by the law I would. I'm getting to the point of calling them on it at the next light.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Texting while actually driving was stupid and ignorant last time this was posted...and just as stupid and ignorant now. Even for "multitaskers". One day you are going to be compelled to "just finish that sentence" and bam you're going lose it...hopefully you won't take an innocent with you. I keep seeing more and more people with their head down...slowing down by 10mph and wandering in their lanes. Almost tagged twice to date by these people. If there was anyway I could help them get nailed by the law I would. I'm getting to the point of calling them on it at the next light.

LOL

one day youre going to look to your right mirror and someones gonna sideswipe you to your left.

one day youre going to grab your soda and drop it and cause a 42 car pileup.

one day youre going to be talking to a significant other in the pass seat, turn to her after she does some stupid comment, youll give her a "WTF" face and BAM rear end someone.

Texting isnt the only distraction. You wanna solve the problem? Gotta put the driver in a sound-proof distraction-free container separate from the cabin area with no access to any other controls other than those it takes to drive.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
LOL

one day youre going to look to your right mirror and someones gonna sideswipe you to your left.

one day youre going to be talking to a significant other in the pass seat, turn to her after she does some stupid comment, youll give her a "WTF" face and BAM rear end someone.

Texting isnt the only distraction. You wanna solve the problem? Gotta put the driver in a sound-proof distraction-free container separate from the cabin area with no access to any other controls other than those it takes to drive.

Dumb comparisons....the events you mention RARELY happen...but I'll guess you text while driving EVERYDAY. When "it" happens to you I hope you will admit it. As noted in the last thread on this topic texting is a completely different phenomenon and the urge to "finish" and keep looking down is hard to resist. Of course, it's not the only distraction...but it is now an ADDITIONAL and especially DANGEROUS distraction. Mark my words....if you text a lot while driving it is not a matter of if you'll blow it...but a matter of when.

SlowLNF

Established Member
I only text at red lights. Also thought this video belongs in here.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DebhWD6ljZs"]YouTube - AT&T Don't Text While Driving Documentary[/nomedia]

RedFord96

Established Member
LOL

You don't need to look at the drink in your cupholder to pick it up and take a drink. Really now?

You also don't need to look at your passenger while you talk to them while driving.

You have to look at your phone for much longer than ANY of those to read a new message, and then reply to said message. No matter how you spin it texting while in motion is stupid.

BABVenom98

Established Member
I would say texting while stop counts because you're supposed to be paying attention to the traffic light and people around you. Too many times have I been stuck at the same light because be aren't pay attention to anything but their phones and it's annoying.

I don't even do it to reply a simple word such as "ok" or "yes" and etc, I'll only glance at the message

tistan

Established Member
I hate sending text when I'm not driving. I have watched texters swerve more than drunk drivers. Is it really more important to answer that text than to pay attention to the road. If I ever get hit by someone texting while driving, I am going to fake all kinds of injury.

Users who are viewing this thread