Who here text while driving?

Do you text while driving

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TaraFirma

Established Member
Unused to, but don't anymore. It's too distracting and i don't want to be the A hole that kills someone because I HAD to answer some incosequential question asked of me while I'm driving.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
The main problem is that there are millions of peie out there who flat out can't drive and then you put a phone in their hand and they are even worse. I have almost been ran off the road numerous times from people on their phones. I am occasionally texting while driving or making a call while behind the wheel (which I illegal in MD) but am yet to cause any issues or get into an accident because of something that I was not aware of.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
sometimes I do but only in the automatic dd cant do it in the cobra however I know its makes no difference

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Think most need to remember is, that much like streetracing, there's a time and a place where its far safer to do it than others.

Times not to TWD:
1) Rush hour
2) Bumper to bumper
3) High Volume (IE when its close driving quarters but youre still doing 65-70 easy)
4) Inner city (lots of side streets, driving variables, people pulling out of lots, etc)
5) Residential
6) Any road that has a bend (you know, because Americans + curvy roads is fail enough)

Times ill bust out the phone and answer a text:
1) After ive become "situated" in my spot on the freeway and nobody is making lane changes around me, nor do I have any reason to start the lane-change process
2) between onramps/offramps (since drivers are most prone to making lane changes and the freeway coming to an abrupt stop at these areas)
3) Long expanses of straight roads with no side-streets and calm traffic
4) Alone on the road (away from the pack, with no variables listed above)

Ill almost NEVER text on surface streets. I might bring the phone to eye level and glance to check it (or the time) but ill wait for a light to answer. Obviously the problem with many is lacking the common sense on knowing when and where you can afford to divert the amount of attention you as an individual need to answer or read a text. Most people who make it plainly obvious are usually the ones who have issues driving correctly in the first place, take away that amount of brainpower that they require to text from their total attention span and they turn full-retard.

Last edited:

BABVenom98

Established Member
Think most need to remember is, that much like streetracing, there's a time and a place where its far safer to do it than others.

Times not to TWD:
1) Rush hour
2) Bumper to bumper
3) High Volume (IE when its close driving quarters but youre still doing 65-70 easy)
4) Inner city (lots of side streets, driving variables, people pulling out of lots, etc)
5) Residential
6) Any road that has a bend (you know, because Americans + curvy roads is fail enough)

Times ill bust out the phone and answer a text:
1) After ive become "situated" in my spot on the freeway and nobody is making lane changes around me, nor do I have any reason to start the lane-change process
2) between onramps/offramps (since drivers are most prone to making lane changes and the freeway coming to an abrupt stop at these areas)
3) Long expanses of straight roads with no side-streets and calm traffic
4) Alone on the road (away from the pack, with no variables listed above)

Ill almost NEVER text on surface streets. I might bring the phone to eye level and glance to check it (or the time) but ill wait for a light to answer. Obviously the problem with many is lacking the common sense on knowing when and where you can afford to divert the amount of attention you as an individual need to answer. Most people who make it plainly obvious are usually the ones who have issues driving correctly in the first place, take away that amount of brainpower that they require to text from their total attention span and they turn full-retard.

Good points sir!
:beer:
Most of my time driving is the times you listed as times not to TWD even if I did TWD.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Most people cannot focus on two things at once. There is people who can. They are far and few in between.
Happy you avoided an accident.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Nope, it didn't need to do it 10 years ago, I don't need to do it now. I don't even like talking on the phone. Not because i can't do it, but out of the respect of driving and giving my attention to the road. It doesn't matter how good you drive. The second you start playing with your phone to text someone about how good their balls tasted last night is a second you could use to avoid some dumb ass in front of you slamming on their brakes.

Now, when I've been sitting still in traffic I have seen some, but I'm not moving either.

SCMOKN

Established Member
No. There is nothing so important that it can't wait. If it something that I need to respond to I either pull over or if my daughter is with me I have respond to it.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
As the OP stated I one night followed someone approx. 10 miles to my exit. Swerving everywhere. They made the same exit as I and when I passed I noticed....texting.

Are you guys that text while driving so ****ing important, you can't pull over or wait a few minutes to reply? :rollseyes

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
As the OP stated I one night followed someone approx. 10 miles to my exit. Swerving everywhere. They made the same exit as I and when I passed I noticed....texting.

Same person probably has issues just driving alone in the first place. Probably the same person that looks left to watch the pretty migrants pick strawberries and rear ends a semi and decapitates themselves, or looks left and not paying attention her car also follows where her eyes are looking and BOOM smacks an oncoming car.

Are you guys that text while driving so ****ing important, you can't pull over or wait a few minutes to reply? :rollseyes

No, but if im driving in a straight line with nothing much happening around me, **** it, why wait?

Driving doesnt take enough of my attention to where texting a quick blurb affects my ability to maintain a driving line or not notice whats going on around me.

I realize that more than texts, is when im in a heated or "enlightening" conversation with a passenger, that im more distracted than doing anything else+driving. 6 hour drive to Los Angeles went in what seemed like 30min with a group of buddies and a conversation that spanned from warp drive and transporters to your soul and religion. To me thats more of a distraction than a simple text or glance at one, but like anything, its different person to person.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I can't see the sense in texting at all. It's easier and faster to communicate by voice; one can leave a voice mail, and it's not illegal or dangerous while driving. Can anyone tell me any advantage to texting over voice?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I can't see the sense in texting at all. It's easier and faster to communicate by voice; one can leave a voice mail, and it's not illegal or dangerous while driving. Can anyone tell me any advantage to texting over voice?

I'm guessing they don't really want to talk the person, as face to face or voice is more personal. However these communications are so important, that they put others lives at risk. And yes I've gotten on my car hard on the interstate. But not in traffic, and I definitely have my attention focused on what is infront of me.

Users who are viewing this thread