Who is using the MSD 2 Step?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have one of these, not sure if I want to use it.

Does anyone have experience with it? How do you like it? How did you wire it up?

Mike

13BlackGT

Established Member
I had one on my 90 LX and really liked it. first step was launch and second was the rev limit. It was wired to the clutch switch on that car. Got consistent 60 ft's and made a great bracket car.

On a coyote it might be beneficial to have the limit just before the computer limit, so it wouldn't shut completely off.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I have one I installed. It's the msd launch controller for the 5.0L modular.

I love the thing, it makes it easy as hell, just roll up and stage and then mash on the gas then when you release the clutch and launch it goes WOT.

The wiring is really easy. 1 wire to ground and 1 of the other 2 to the clutch pedal position sensor on the bottom.

-Thomas

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have one I installed. It's the msd launch controller for the 5.0L modular.

I love the thing, it makes it easy as hell, just roll up and stage and then mash on the gas then when you release the clutch and launch it goes WOT.

The wiring is really easy. 1 wire to ground and 1 of the other 2 to the clutch pedal position sensor on the bottom.

-Thomas

I have the Launch Controller for the mod motors. Don't think it is specific to the Coyote though.

Mike

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
A few of my friends use them on their cars and really like it. Its just like using the sct neutral limiter except it cuts spark and is a lot faster at bouncing rpms. If you want to experience a car with one installed let me know.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I wonder why ford didn't implement LC in the first place. However, I heard the MSD 2 step in action on youtube and the noise it was making while holding rev had my stomach crunching. I wonder if there's any harm to the engine.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Yeah, I think Shaun told me that sometimes they will throw a misfire code. That is why I asked. I use the SCT neutral rev limiter now, but it cuts fuel and it is lazy. I would prefer a spark cut.

Mike

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The MSD 2 step for the 2011-2013 works flawless, easy install and a must for the drag racers, we keep them in stock , they can be ordered below :

msd.jpg

Products » Ignition & Electronics » MSD » PN#901601 MSD 2 Step rev limiter PLUG AND PLAY!!

mmr%20coyote%201.jpg

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I see there is a different part number for the 11-13 specific one and the one that I have. I wonder if mine will work on our cars?

Mike

Bud

Established Member
Anybody had any problems with this 2 step? Toying with the idea of using it on my auto and wiring it to a button or brake pressure switch instead of using the clutch like designed.

86merc

Established Member
For the people using this, do your cars have the factory catalytic converters on still?

I can't imagine an overly rich condition would be good for them. Maybe even cause it to throw codes.

Thanks

t-ray

Established Member
I need to bite the bullet and get this and some line locks. I've got 16k miles on my car now, and I probably only have ~2mm material left on my rear passenger pad.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Does anybody have a video of this in action? Curious to see what it's like inside and just for kicks what it sounds like outside too. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread