Who needs 02 Bungs welded in

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Please let me know, got a great shop to take care of it at the best price and customer service. Great guy. He actually take the H or X pipe off the car and drills it out. Cause if you do it on the car, the junk can fall down into the cats and burn up the cats when they get hot. Let me know if you guys are interested, he charged me 75 to do both the drivers and passengers side bungs and to take the H off the car and reinstall the H. You cant beat that price. He charged Wiz 45 to do both drivers and passengers on his car, he already had his X off his car. If you guys are interested, let me know....Great welder......

Rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
Count us in When we get our magnapacks, Which we will be ordering Tuesday. So maybe this upcoming weekend.

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Sounds like a Bung Weld Day... I regret that I missed my appt for this and especially since Rick and Wiz signed off on weld quality. Rick, let's see how many he can do in a day and plan a Weld Day to give the shop our business.

Christian

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
I am sure that he is tired of you christian...but anyways.....HAHA....

Alright, saleen, is anytime good for you, let me know when you want to do it and I can get you set up

Rick

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll chime in and give my thumbs up to Randy and his shop. I am very picky when it comes to welds and my exhaust (I used to do custom exhaust many moons ago). So when I saw the quality of the weld Randy put down I was sold. I think any exhaust work you need done should be done at Randy's.

Christian, you'll have to pay extra now, lol j/k

Tylerb59

Established Member
Are we talking about Randy's Custom Exhaust in Marysville?

If so, I can vouch for his quality. I've taken my car there several times, and had him install the sub frame connectors on two cars now. Excellent work, kind of keeps to himself but he definately knows what he's doing. He also custom fabricated my (dual) exhaust on the 'ole v6.

Good prices to.

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Yep, thats the man.....he was good with the bungs. So if you guys are interested, call him and let him know you are apart of the mustang peoples and would like some time.....

rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
Rick, I dont know if were getting those long tubes or not. If we are we will be ordering them tmmrw and maybe have them buy the weekend along w the mufflers which we are ordering tmmrw(pay day)

Joe5.0

Established Member
Yea power difference will Definately be big Especially with the Supercharger. BBK Ceramic Coated Long tubes and Catted BBK Shorty H pipe. May be on there way tmmrw.

Tylerb59

Established Member
With those Magnapacks its really going to open up .. but LOUD.

My biggest gain thus far has been the O/R X with the 'packs. I'm not the biggest fan of the sound, but the gains were pretty nice for N/A.

C Weil

Established Member
NONONO NO BBK headers!!! They're JUNK. You can't drop the transmission with them in, which means that every time you need to change the clutch, etc etc, you'll have to spend another 10 hours (if you're fast) removing and reinstalling the headers. If someone else is doing the work for you, it's going to cost a TON of money for a small job. Not to mention their coating is crappy and will flake off and rust. They don't have nearly the power gains as others, too.

Stay AWAY from Mac and BBK headers!!!! Hooker, Flowtech, Kooks (though they're not my personal favorite either), Wilson, etc, but no Mac or BBK please!! You need to get headers that will allow the transmission to be dropped or else it'll just be a pain later. Hooker, in my opinion, is by far the best of what's offered for 2V within a reasonable price range.

The magnapacks won't really offered much horsepower over the current mufflers. The catback itself is the same size (actually, it's a Magnaflow catback/X-pipe). I say buy better headers, keep the same X-pipe, and just take it to an exhaust shop. They can cut the cats out, shorten the current X-pipe to fit the new headers, and weld in the mufflers. Your exhaust system is already 2.5", so doing that will save a LOT of money, which you can put some into better headers and some into your pocket. :)

Trust me, my exhaust has changed like 6 times, lol.

Edit: I just noticed you're buying a CATTED, shorty H-pipe. If that's the case, then DEFINITELY just modify the 2.5" X-pipe that came with the Saleen. It's already got cats and it'll make waaay more horsepower than the H-pipe. All they have to do, in this case, is just cut a little bit out of it. It'll cost $30 instead of $200+ for the new one that will hurt your horsepower. No good!

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
I appreiciate your write up but BBK Ceramic Coated Long tubes an either the Catted x or h is the best application for my car. I already know mac sucks, and knowone i know has hooker, or Flowtech headers on there mustang. BBK has an advertised 20RWHP and 15RWTQ N/a. thats impressive and im supercharged so gains will be bigger. As for the clutch/tranny issue, i dont plan on changing anything for awhile, hell i might do it all at once. How long will it take to install these headers with 3-4 guys?

Joe5.0

Established Member
As for the magnapacks, im not getting them for more performance, im getting them cause there really loud.

C Weil

Established Member
I still wouldn't touch the BBK headers. It's only going to make doing anything later more work. They are definitely not the best for your application. I've installed three sets of Hookers, two BBKs, one Kooks and one Mac. The BBKs are the biggest pain because later you have to remove them to drop the tranny, so 3300 miles after I installed them on a buddies car, we had to remove them (passenger side especially) to get the tranny out to replace the clutch. If you think your clutch will last forever with 380ish rwhp, you're fooling yourself!

I've had two sets of Hooker headers on my personal car, and they were great. Very good build quality with no leaks or pinholes, coating does crack or fade, and they sound killer.

Don't believe the gains they post...those cars aren't stock. It's BS, basically. All companies do that. 20rwhp would be a ton, even on a supercharged car. All the headers are basically going to be the same (though I would think BBKs would actually be DOWN on power compared to Hooker/Kooks/Flowtech because they dimple some of the tubes, which hurts the flow a lot). Every company sways the numbers somehow to make it seem really high, but real life gains usually aren't that high, and vary from car to car.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, I'm just trying to save you some time, effort, and especially money. The BBKs will only cost you more of all three later. Just trying to help you out! There's so much misinformation in advertising, internet, etc, that I just want to make sure you go with the easiest route possible.

If I were home, I would show you my set of Hookers that I'm selling. You'd see the difference! I just really don't think BBK is the right way to go, especially with the not-so-good reputation they have. Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth. Or don't! Just trying to help out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread