Who needs 02 Bungs welded in

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
RickSvt said:
They are not that loud.....trust me.....ask wiz

Mean, went for a ride with Rick and while the exhaust is louder than most outside the car, it is relatively quiet inside. Something that most anyone could live with, especially if you don't drive super long trips in your Cobra.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd give a listen to what C Weil has to say. Not saying don't get BBK, but ask a bunch of people on this site that have the experience with the product. That's how I determined to go with the products I bought. Probably why it has taken me so long to mod. :D

I decided against headers altogether because I didn't see enough gains versus the pita factor. The final call is yours. It may seem like a slam dunk now but when you are laying on your back cussing the headers 'cause you can't get the clutch changed without removing them (and then remembering how much of a pain it was to install them in the first place) you may think differently. Unfortunately I have no experience with headers on these cars but I can tell you that I looked into it. As I said before, I decided against it after getting a lot of opinions.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Tylerb59

Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
Mean, went for a ride with Rick and while the exhaust is louder than most outside the car, it is relatively quiet inside. Something that most anyone could live with, especially if you don't drive super long trips in your Cobra.

Yea, that's crazy. His car is basically loud as if not louder then mine and my interior noise is driving me nuts.

I have vibrations all over the place (e-brake handle for one) ... but as soon as you jump in Rick's car it's smooth sailing in quietville.

Bastard. :coolman:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
RickSvt said:
Yeah right, you were just waiting to mod till I got parts cheap for you...WHERE ARE MY PICS?

Rick

Oops, forgot about those. I'll snap some tomorrow. I still have some minor adjustments to make.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
BTW, if you get the bungs welded in and have the pipes off the car, have them put the left (drivers side) bung just at or after the bend on the head pipe as it heads straight back. Rick, I'm not sure I can use this one, the clutch cable assy. is in the way.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Keep in mind all is being done in one blow here. Centerforce DF clutch is going in while installing the Long Tubes. So i will never have to drop the tranny again ever for anything unless something breaks. Ive talked to people who have had blot on Gts and seen 20RWHP and 15tq N/A so ive done my searching. I never drive the car in the rain so im not worried at all at flaking/rust. ANyways i appriciate you input C weil, But the BBK's are on the way along with the BBK Catted x. Cant wait to get on the dyno and post the gains.

C Weil

Established Member
Ah, got it, so you bought it before I mentioned it. Nice! :shrug:

The Centerforce DF clutch is strong (and requires machining the throwout bearing collar down by 3/8", so expect it to be down for a day or two for that), but don't expect never to have to do it again! Just hope it's all setup right the first time out...most users have had some setup issues. Really nice clutch, though! I'd love to hear how you guys like it!

Regardless, should be cool and make some power!

Are you guys doing the install?

Joe5.0

Established Member
C Weil said:
Ah, got it, so you bought it before I mentioned it. Nice! :shrug:

The Centerforce DF clutch is strong (and requires machining the throwout bearing collar down by 3/8", so expect it to be down for a day or two for that), but don't expect never to have to do it again! Just hope it's all setup right the first time out...most users have had some setup issues. Really nice clutch, though! I'd love to hear how you guys like it!

Regardless, should be cool and make some power!

Are you guys doing the install?

I put this clutch in my 2000 saleen, and it came with a new throwout bearing so no machining reguired, and really had no problems installin the clutch.. When Carb connection was finishing up the old 2000 saleen, they got somethin on the clutch, and it wouldnt engage, so then they had to take it all apart again. Tranny is a pain in the ass to takeout/reinstall without a lift but its gotta be done and im not paying 1 dime on labor.

Joe5.0

Established Member
C weil the clutch is VERY nice and very smooth i must say a top notch clutch. not a cheap piece for sure. I think RickSvt they kind guy he is, is actually helping us with the install of the headers and mid-pipe, and also the predator.

C Weil

Established Member
Yep, you have to drop the K-member (on any Mustang) and use an engine cradle capable of lowering the engine (to get to the rear bolts). There's just no way around it, especially on the stock K-member. Headers in these cars can be a pain, but it isn't so bad if you take your time, and even easier if you've done it multiple times. You will probably swear and bust some knuckles, and maybe throw some tools, but it's worth it when it's done.

It's definitely the most annoying thing I've done (and done lots), and I've done everything on the car (and numerous other cars) save for the torque arm and subframe connectors.

Tylerb59

Established Member
Support the engine (you can place a jack under it) and then drop the k-member. That's the easiest route instead of dealing with an engine hoist.

Remove the steering rack, unbolt the motor mounts and the rest of the bolts holding the k-member to the frame.

Remove the mid pipe

Have fun with getting the stock manifold off and of course squeeze the new long tubes on. Check for leaks, put everything back together. :X

Users who are viewing this thread