Who's going 3.55,3.73,4.10, 4.30?

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
All these reviews seem to keep saying that the car is geared quite long. Although I can appreciate the MPG, I'd also appreciate that this car can accelerate on the lower end quite nicely. I will be doing a Griggs set up with the 11 inch wheel to absorb the power, and to make it a lot more agile in the turns. I am just really into waking the car up without touching the power.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I think you should get the car and see first hand how it actually feels before buying parts for it. But that's just IMO.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
The 2013 Shelby has almost identical transmission ratios as a C6 Z06. The C6 Z06 has a 3.42:1 rear end ratio compared to the Shelby's 3.31:1. The C6 Z06 is about 600 pounds lighter but gives up a bunch of power. I would drive it first before switching anything.

My friend who bought a C6 Z06 mentioned the same thing. If you wind up the first three gears, you are doing way over 100 mph. He wasn't used to it at first, but now loves the car.

Blue Menace

Established Member
Can someone explain to a newb like me the difference in feel and performance between the stock gears and the optional ones that come the performance pack?

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Can someone explain to a newb like me the difference in feel and performance between the stock gears and the optional ones that come the performance pack?

There are no optional rear end gears for the 2013 GT500. All you get is 3.31:1 no matter what package you order.

jtfx6552

Established Member

There are no optional rear gears anymore.

More gear means more torque multiplication, car feels much snappier because it revs faster.

Car can sometimes actually be quicker if the extra torque does not cause wheel spin, but allows you to be in a higher power place on the HP curve.

Somewhat of a long story but since power is conserved, and torque is not, adding 25% more gear does not make the car accelerate 25% percent quicker, although you may feel like it does because the rpm will climb 25% quicker.

Last edited:

Blue Menace

Established Member
Thanks for the answers. I see now that I was looking at the '12. So the performance pack is just wheels and different suspension for the '13?

BlownAway03

Established Member
I like the long gearing in my c6z. Can't argue with 0-60 in 1st. It was weird at first since my 03 Cobra used to have 3.73's. Car just seems to never stop pulling.

04svtsnke

Established Member
I beg to differ with the gear swaps. I think most guys will get used to the gearing and it'll be very useful against those top end type cars(ie zo6& gtr). Now if people were specifically dragging the car I'd say 3.73's or maybe even 4.30's like Evans Smith has mentioned just easily get into the 10's. I personally think the 3.31's will suffice.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
3.31's may be great, but if being to tame is the issue 3.73's will cure that. Brutal, but perhaps not as fast on the street.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
I would do 3.73 in a heart beat on these...My Boss had CRAZY hp...and 3.73s were perfect. If I had the balls to do Texas mile I am sure I would have been VERY close to the magical 200 also

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
I would do 3.73 in a heart beat on these...My Boss had CRAZY hp...and 3.73s were perfect. If I had the balls to do Texas mile I am sure I would have been VERY close to the magical 200 also

I'm no expert but I think you'd need a little more power in your boss to hit 200 in a standing mile, but I've been wrong before...

Users who are viewing this thread