Why are s550 GT500s so slow?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

The palm beach 3.8 coyote that I have seen runs 8.8 at 154.
From what I've been seeing, it looks like PBD reigns in mid range TQ in order to save the DCT.... IDK if that's causing the S550 GT500 to hit a wall but, I mean maybe a true built trans is what's needed to get faster? Have we seen a Blower car pass 1300RWHP?I haven't seen that yet. I know PBDs GT500 is now a Twin Turbo set up.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
If a 100k automatic transmission Shelby that runs 11s pleases you then that's great. No it does not please me and that's why I dont have one or have any desire for one. Lots of other great choices for less than 6 figures.
I’ll settle for an $80K C8 that will get very close to 10’s stock. Probably not at my elevation (7500’) but thems the breaks…

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member

I remember reading this article. I believe the author actually used to do articles for this site, Steve Turner. I could be wrong though, Sid would know.

I don’t know much about hub dynos so I’m not sure how it compares to a Dynojet in regards to actual numbers. Evolution claims the blower is capable of “well into 2000hp in race applications” but I highly doubt that.

Tezz500

Established Member
Great videos. I would like to see the RPG GT run his max effort gt500.
I believe Kens is flipped over to a Twin Turbo set up now with built Motor.

One thing I find to be impressive is that these cars are getting high 8s with Stock Motor, Stock Trans, Stock Rear. Love it or hate it, Going 8s on a stock internal car is ****ing nuts.

Thats pretty damn fast and a testament to Ford Performance.

Id imagine Suspension and further Trans development will easily start seeing 7s.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I used to think I knew what fast was. Well today I got me a edumacation.

I got a ride in my one of my best friends McLaren, brand new 720 S spider. He got that car up to 155 mph on i75 and it felt like it took five seconds.
The only reason he even let up was because we came up on another car.
I am sorry to change the subject, but nothing will ever feel fast to me again. The car just does not quit.

Attachments

• 1EDCA280-FFB2-4304-AA95-8D761F90BDD9.jpeg
    1EDCA280-FFB2-4304-AA95-8D761F90BDD9.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 78

C0bra99

Established Member
still dont understand paying for a track inspired car and converting to 1320 focused. upgrading to get more power sure but 8 seconds and slicks are not what the car was designed for

Sent from my SM-F926W using Tapatalk

Tezz500

Established Member
still dont understand paying for a track inspired car and converting to 1320 focused. upgrading to get more power sure but 8 seconds and slicks are not what the car was designed for

Sent from my SM-F926W using Tapatalk
Pfft... who buys a car and keeps it for what its designed for??

pssshh-psh.gif

q6543

Established Member
Maybe just change thread title to

"Why are GT500s slow" look into what the 13/14 guys gotta do for a 9 second slip.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tesla drivetrain and hack the ecm to allow 50% more out of the inverter. Batteries won't last for shit, but who cares.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ That's an impressive '14 GT-500. 9.576! He's got a nice, relatively simple setup. And he did pretty well eliminating as much rotating weight as possible. I guess the answer to @q6543's question is really..."not really all that much" when you see what that guy has done.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe just change thread title to

"Why are GT500s slow" look into what the 13/14 guys gotta do for a 9 second slip.

Sssshhhh, careful bro…. 13/14 loyalists will start bleeding from the anus, when you mention how the 2020+ is a superior performing car…. Tezzy and the rest of the ladies might strain their little digits typing up insults and hurling them at you. :LOL:

LS WUT

Established Member
I’m loyal to being an enthusiast. Not much of which car is which. I actually own the cars I talk about, I’m not a has been, or talk about the cars I previously owned. I still own all of my cars.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’m loyal to being an enthusiast. Not much of which car is which. I actually own the cars I talk about, I’m not a has been, or talk about the cars I previously owned. I still own all of my cars.

That's awesome. I wish I had the funds to do so.

MG0h3

Established Member
From what I’ve seen, the increase in power is not relative to increase in trap speed.

Some of this is the platform I’m sure.

But there’s a 1600whp TT Cobra running like a tenth and 5mph faster than unknown power Gen5 3.0 but I’d guess maybe 1000-1100whp. For sure the blower car is 5psi less.

But for sure, the S550 GT500 isn’t a prime drag or even roll car due to weight.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread