Why can't the 03 cobra beat the Z06???

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
i just love to talk to vette owners there losers...first of all ur car cost like 10000 more, i mean come on and look at ur engine 5.7 liters 350... now look at ours 4.6 281, wow u have almost 1 liter bigger and like 70 cubic inches more, lets brag about winning so much half the time they dont win and u still struggle sometimes to beat a 03 cobra.:loser:

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
All in all a pretty good thread. A few tools in the shed. Bottom line is some choose the Z06 some choose the 03 Cobra. Some choose n/a, some choose nitrous or s/c. Both are bad ass cars.

I like the attitude most of you have which is honesty. The 03 may be just behind the Z06 but don't be sleeping on the light Mr. Z06. I still hold my head high with my measily 260 rwhp.

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
I'm just glad to see so many chevy owners in here with cool comments. The whole domestic car civil war deal dwindled when the import scene hit big, now it's like anyone with an american car be it, chevy, ford, pontiac, etc are joining together in the endless battle against import homosexuality. It's to the point now that instead of throwing a Camaro a rev I'll throw em a big wave just for having a car worth a hell and giving my eyes a rest from the ridiculously amount of ricers on the streets these days. Unite my bretheron. Anyways, back on topic I am N/A, they are both bad as hell and wouldn't mind owning either one of them.

Last edited:

cobramark

Established Member
Being a former Z06 owner. It's all about weight. Plus the major advantage I had over the Cobra was the Z06 could launch off the line very easy with great traction, even with a 125 shot of nitrous. Be careful as I raced a regular C5 and got smoked in the Cobra. Never thought this would happen(C5 looked stock). We pulled over ended up he had a fully built motor. Both cars are great however I'm liking the Cobra better- Cobra Procharger Kit-$3500.00, that will barely buy you headers, exhaust and intake in a Z06.

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by cobramark
Being a former Z06 owner. It's all about weight. Plus the major advantage I had over the Cobra was the Z06 could launch off the line very easy with great traction, even with a 125 shot of nitrous. Be careful as I raced a regular C5 and got smoked in the Cobra. Never thought this would happen(C5 looked stock). We pulled over ended up he had a fully built motor. Both cars are great however I'm liking the Cobra better- Cobra Procharger Kit-$3500.00, that will barely buy you headers, exhaust and intake in a Z06.

Whoa.. where were you getting your parts?!?

I thought the headers, bolt ons were the same basic LS1 stuff?
hmm. learn something everyday...

cobramark

Established Member

Sorry...almost procharger price,
headers with h-pipe kit $1500.00
B&B Exhaust $1000.00
Vararam air intake $400.00
That's only $2900.00 but you get the point...Cobra is definetely a better aftermarket buy. Plus installs on vette = $$$$$$.

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by cobramark

Sorry...almost procharger price,
headers with h-pipe kit $1500.00
B&B Exhaust $1000.00
Vararam air intake $400.00
That's only $2900.00 but you get the point...Cobra is definetely a better aftermarket buy. Plus installs on vette = $$$$$$.

See from what I thought it's a basic ls1 setup w/ different heads and cam, I just thought most of the ls1 basic bolt-ons would bolt up.

I understand why the installs would cost tons of money, though. Woo.. that stuff is expensiiiive. Not for me.

Thank ya

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Bone stock a Z06 has many advantages over a Cobra.......Weight especially when going against a Cobra Vert, Easier to launch with better tires and especially gearing. The Z06 uses the M12 transmission with alot lower gearing in all gears than the T56 when combined with it's stock 3.42 rear gears it actually makes the Z06 feel like it has 4.10 gears. With skilled drivers the Z06 will pull every time around 3rd gear over a stock Cobra. However most Z06 drivers I've seen are not what I would call good shifters and A well piloted 03 can put a hurting on a badly driven Z06.

A Cobra with CAI @ Catback is usually right on par with a stock Z06 especially from a roll where weight does not play as big a part in getting the car moving.

Once the Cobra adds a Pulley it's all Ford taillights for the Z06 as most pullied 03's are pushing 430+ rwhp and equal torque. The Z06 then needs Longtubes full bolt ons and a good cam to hang with a pullied 03.

The aftermarket game is easily won by the Cobra as for $1000 bucks you can have a very fast powerful car while it takes considerably more $$ for the Z06 to hit that power level.

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by Spud04
..either you want a backseat or you don't!??!
haha just kidding..
spud

Believe it or not, the backseat was the reason my wife and I bought an 03 Cobra instead of a Z06. Neither of us are particularly brand loyal as I had previously owned a '99 Z28 and my wife had a '92 Mustang LX 5.0. Bascially, it all came down to room for our future family. Had we bought the Z06, I would have only been able to enjoy it for a year or so until we would have outgrown it.

temjin9876

Bringer of Destruction!
Established Member
hey NowThatsPerfect,

where is your car in that sig?

That looks really familiar. Looks a lot like perimeter mall's parking deck.

Last edited:

florida03

Banned
Now this is why I came to love this website!
Cobra boys and Chevy guys takling cars. The only
reason I say this is im sick and tired of all the rice
crap we had to endure the last couple of months.
It feels like old times. By the way I got into it with a
stock Z06 on 95 from around 60 to 130 and had him by
a car or so. Although I am not stock I am also not pullied.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Both Good Cars

Whatever car you own, someone will always say that another car is better.

Who really cares? You bought your car for yourself and not anyone else.

For me, it was about getting a convertible...and doing cheap mods...and owning a legendary car (fastest production 'Stang ever).

Ford or Chevy, it's all good. Now let's get back to thrashing some imports. :beer:

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
Originally posted by Venomous98Cobra
1998 Cobra actually has a cast aluminum block & aluminum heads.

Thank you.

your welcome but i was talking about 03's. That what the dicussion was about. don't 96 threw 01 have aluminum blocks. Not sure.

:beer:

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
Originally posted by FuryShift
I'm just glad to see so many chevy owners in here with cool comments. The whole domestic car civil war deal dwindled when the import scene hit big, now it's like anyone with an american car be it, chevy, ford, pontiac, etc are joining together in the endless battle against import homosexuality. It's to the point now that instead of throwing a Camaro a rev I'll throw em a big wave just for having a car worth a hell and giving my eyes a rest from the ridiculously amount of ricers on the streets these days. Unite my bretheron. Anyways, back on topic I am N/A, they are both bad as hell and wouldn't mind owning either one of them.

I like your thinking:beer:

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
Believe it or not, the backseat was the reason my wife and I bought an 03 Cobra instead of a Z06. Neither of us are particularly brand loyal as I had previously owned a '99 Z28 and my wife had a '92 Mustang LX 5.0. Bascially, it all came down to room for our future family. Had we bought the Z06, I would have only been able to enjoy it for a year or so until we would have outgrown it.

Yea if I had the oppurtunity to choose a z06 over the cobra, i'd still take the cobra for that exact reason. Friends, family, yada yada.. plus it gives me more room for putting stuff I need in the trunk and putting the seats down so some stuff will fit (IE: HUGE Banners)

Bleh.. I can't wait to get mine.. I just really don't want the insurance payments.. :(

03miamisnake

Established Member
Originally posted by florida03
Now this is why I came to love this website!
Cobra boys and Chevy guys takling cars. The only
reason I say this is im sick and tired of all the rice
crap we had to endure the last couple of months.
It feels like old times. By the way I got into it with a
stock Z06 on 95 from around 60 to 130 and had him by
a car or so. Although I am not stock I am also not pullied.

Words of wisdom and a good kill in the same post. :rockon:

adam

Established Member
I love reading this entire post....

What happened to no excuses and run what you brung!!!

There will always be someone who spends the extra buck and usually wins .... and you will always have the cry baby who complains they lost because of this or this.......

I just know no matter how fast I go there will always be someone with the $$$ who is going to go faster no matter what kinda car you have..

Users who are viewing this thread